Placing an order on multiple cars

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2023 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2010
271 posts
39 upvotes

Placing an order on multiple cars

Hello,

Just a question, we were told by a deanship we could place two orders on a rav4 and rav4 hybrid with a $1000 deposit on each at the same time, and we could cancel one of them depending on which came first.

I'm wondering if this is actually the case ?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2022
1118 posts
1660 upvotes
Gta
I'm sure they are more then willing to hang onto your $2000 and collect interest while you wait.

I would personally tell them $500 per.
<censored>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
Get. It. In. Writing.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1109 upvotes
In concept - yes, there is such a demand for these vehicles that if you cancel one or the other or both, there will be a long line of people behind you willing to take the order instead. No risk to the dealer and they get to sit on your deposits for many months.

If you're feeling especially gutsy, you could buy the first one that comes (probably the non-hybrid RAV4) and not immediately cancel the other one. The used car market is deflating but it's not back to normal yet, and so depending on the timing, you could trade in the first one, or sell privately, and make some money in the process.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13099 upvotes
taal wrote: Hello,

Just a question, we were told by a deanship we could place two orders on a rav4 and rav4 hybrid with a $1000 deposit on each at the same time, and we could cancel one of them depending on which came first.

I'm wondering if this is actually the case ?
The question is at MSRP or with ADM?

It's pointless getting on a waitlist right now since people willing to pay ADM still get them 1st.

My cousin want a Highlander, one dealer want $10K ADM and the other take him on at MSRP. 4 months later that other dealer returned his deposit.
Last edited by Xtrema on Jan 11th, 2023 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 10, 2013
346 posts
513 upvotes
So you're cancelling the Hybrid right? If that's the case, just get the gas. It has been proven at this point that the ICE will come before the HV
Apr 21, 2010
271 posts
39 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: The question is at MSRP or with ADM?

It's pointless getting on a waitlist right now since people willing to pay ADM still get them 1st.

My cousin want a Highlander, one dealer want $10K ADM and the other take him on at MSRP. 4 months later that other dealer returned his deposit.
Actually it was just MSRP, at least for the gas :) Trying to see what exactly they're quoting for the hybrid.