• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2022 7:46 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1707 posts
592 upvotes
GTA

Planning Trip in 2023 To Turks & Caicos - Using Aeroplan Points

I've collected thousands of AP points over the past few years and was wondering what the best way to book an all-inclusive trip to Turks & Caicos would be? It's our 25th year anniversary coming up and we were thinking of staying at the Beaches Turks & Caicos (not sure which part of the resort would be ideal but it's just the two of us going to celebrate this milestone).

Is there a way to use the AP points effectively for a trip like this? It seems I can only use my AP points towards flights and would have to book the hotel/resort separately? Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S - If anyone here has stayed in Turks & Caicos, any recommendations?

Thanks
5 replies
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
I am planning to go in july. The prices are really high so I guess not a lot of RDFL members have visited.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4473 upvotes
West
You can definitely use your Aeroplan points to book hotels, cars, or vacations packages, etc. You typically don't get as good a valuation, though... but to each their own. If you're in the "thousands", you're probably not going to get much. If you're closer to the high tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands, then you can certainly reduce the costs of your trip immensely.

Look under the different tabs on AC's website.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Jagstyles wrote: I've collected thousands of AP points over the past few years and was wondering what the best way to book an all-inclusive trip to Turks & Caicos would be? It's our 25th year anniversary coming up and we were thinking of staying at the Beaches Turks & Caicos (not sure which part of the resort would be ideal but it's just the two of us going to celebrate this milestone).

Is there a way to use the AP points effectively for a trip like this? It seems I can only use my AP points towards flights and would have to book the hotel/resort separately? Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S - If anyone here has stayed in Turks & Caicos, any recommendations?

Thanks
Congratulations!

I’ve been to Beaches T&C (for work, before having a child) and went back last Fall with our toddler.

Personally, I would not go there as 2 adults… especially to celebrate anniversary. Between the kids/teens running wild, the Sesame Street characters bopping around, loud pools full of babies in swim diapers (ick) and the lack of adult only areas that would be the absolute last place I would go.

Like I said this was my experience both times… Even with a toddler I was overwhelmed! I could see the allure for families though bc between the family sized rooms, the children’s entertainment and the water park they are 5*. Everything else adults would care about: food, drinks, entertainment is mediocre.

… sooo many better hotels on Grace Bay.

Air Canada Vacations offers packages there. That would probably be the most efficient way to use Aeroplan pts.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1707 posts
592 upvotes
GTA
BrunetteGirl wrote: Congratulations!

I’ve been to Beaches T&C (for work, before having a child) and went back last Fall with our toddler.

Personally, I would not go there as 2 adults… especially to celebrate anniversary. Between the kids/teens running wild, the Sesame Street characters bopping around, loud pools full of babies in swim diapers (ick) and the lack of adult only areas that would be the absolute last place I would go.

Like I said this was my experience both times… Even with a toddler I was overwhelmed! I could see the allure for families though bc between the family sized rooms, the children’s entertainment and the water park they are 5*. Everything else adults would care about: food, drinks, entertainment is mediocre.

… sooo many better hotels on Grace Bay.

Air Canada Vacations offers packages there. That would probably be the most efficient way to use Aeroplan pts.
That's awesome feedback - thanks so much. Where would you recommend staying in Grace Bay? Ideally, we just want a really nice beach, great food/drinks and a very relaxing trip. Any ideas/suggestions you might have would be appreciated. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Jagstyles wrote: That's awesome feedback - thanks so much. Where would you recommend staying in Grace Bay? Ideally, we just want a really nice beach, great food/drinks and a very relaxing trip. Any ideas/suggestions you might have would be appreciated. Thanks!
There’s not really any “bad” options look at the area “Grace Bay”. Without knowing your price range you’re comfortable with per night. The Palms, The Ritz Carlton and the Gansnervoot would be on my short list for an anniversary.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)