• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 9:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3464 posts
2156 upvotes
YUL/YVR

[American Express] PLATINUM - Earn statement credits up to $175 for eligible dining

DETAILS
Register your Platinum Card to earn up to $175 in statement credits when you spend up to $175 on qualifying purchases with your registered Card at participating restaurants from September 1 to December 31, 2021. Terms apply.

Similar to the $250 free groceries. Next $175 spend on eligible dining! This card pays for more than itself even without stepping a foot into the airport.
Thread Summary
OFFER TERMS
Only Basic Platinum Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/12/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
From 01/9/2021 until 31/12/2021, when you make qualifying purchases with your registered Card directly at participating restaurants (click here for a list of participating locations), you can get a statement credit equal to the amount of the purchase transaction after taxes and applicable fees, charged to your registered Card during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account, up to a maximum of $175 CAD in statement credits. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date, and that date occurs after the offer ends.
Some purchases may not qualify for a statement credit equal to the purchase amount if the maximum of $175 CAD in statement credits will be exceeded. This may result in a statement credit being issued for an amount less than the purchase. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. Any purchases not made directly with a participating restaurant are excluded.
Due to this unprecedented period of disruption, please note that the dining locations on the list of participating locations may change. Your ability to redeem this offer may be affected at this time due to changes in some restaurants' operations, such as reduced hours or suspension of in-person dining. The list of participating locations is updated from time to time and may not be 100% accurate. While we hope to provide you with this offer on the terms set out here, given the unpredictable nature of the current situation, we may need, and we reserve the right, to change or cancel this offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $175 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/12/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
114 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3464 posts
2156 upvotes
YUL/YVR
And please - $175 is a very small amount on dining over a 4 months period. Don't abuse it and start asking where you can buy GC's.
Jan 9, 2014
903 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone get it on other cards?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3464 posts
2156 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Pharmer wrote: Anyone get it on other cards?
I highly doubt this willl be offered to sub-$200-AF-cards.

Personal Gold got a "spend $50+, earn a $10 credit" on food delivery apps.
Apr 25, 2014
188 posts
164 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Nothing on AP Reserve.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2429 posts
947 upvotes
YVR
Got it on the plat. No offers this round at all on the bonvoy.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1157 posts
551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Got it on my personal plat!
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6957 posts
6176 upvotes
AoiSora7 wrote: List of eligible restaurants:
https://www.americanexpress.com/en-ca/b ... ningoffer/

Thanks Amex!

"Only Basic Centurion and Platinum Cardmembers who have received this offer are eligible. Enrolment required."
Going through the list of eligible restaurants makes this offer a lot less interesting (for me at least) vs it just being for any charge categorized as restaurant/dining.
Oct 4, 2015
333 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
There is also a
Spend at least $50 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card online on Uber Eats, SkipTheDishes, and Ritual websites or in their mobile applications in Canada by 31/10/2021 and earn a one-time $10 statement credit. Terms apply.
that popped up today.
If you stare long enough at a lurker, the lurker stares back at you.
Dec 25, 2017
40 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
MRebel23 wrote: Nothing on AP Reserve.
I've only gotten 1 offer on my AP Reserve since I got it 2 months ago (already met my 6k spending requirement), which was the Shangri-la offer. Should I be doing something else, such as spending less on the card, to get better offers? I've gotten multiple offers on my Cobalt card in the same time
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3564 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond
Gtaphotog wrote: Going through the list of eligible restaurants makes this offer a lot less interesting (for me at least) vs it just being for any charge categorized as restaurant/dining.
They have a great curated list of restaurants. They've captured all of my favorite higher-end restaurants in Vancouver, as well as others in cities I've visited.

If you live in one of the cities listed, you wouldn't be disappointed by basically trying any restaurant on their list.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6957 posts
6176 upvotes
M@rk wrote: They have a great curated list of restaurants. They've captured all of my favorite higher-end restaurants in Vancouver, as well as others in cities I've visited.

If you live in one of the cities listed, you wouldn't be disappointed by basically trying any restaurant on their list.
My forcing the credit to only apply to a select few restaurants per city they greatly handicap a lot of their cardholders that can't eat at these places for various reasons like dietary, religious constraints, etc. although if you go just to have drinks that'll also work.
Dec 8, 2008
255 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the offer but no restaurants in Ottawa. I'm still haven't been out of town during these covid times
Apr 27, 2012
831 posts
669 upvotes
Ottawa
Slimschmee wrote: Got the offer but no restaurants in Ottawa. I'm still haven't been out of town during these covid times
Same.... May have to gift it to in-laws in Toronto!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1620 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, so it's literally a free $175 to eat at the participation restaurants?