Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

PLATINUM - Earn statement credits up to $175 for eligible dining

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 4:50 am
Apr 8, 2007
872 posts
337 upvotes
Can I buy a 175 gift card at Oliver bonacini Bayview village?
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
gabbarsing wrote: Yes it was the Arc in Vancouver - it is inside the Fairmont hotel. Although, I didn't like their food, but that is just me.

AmEx gave me credit, but they said that for future I should keep the receipt atleast for 30 days to submit as proof, if required. So keep the receipt and you can claim it incase it doesn't show up under Arc's name in your statement.
Have the exact same problem - how much of a hassle was it to get the credit?
Nov 15, 2020
78 posts
199 upvotes
pricegrabber wrote: Have the exact same problem - how much of a hassle was it to get the credit?
Had to be on the phone with AmEx for 30 mins and push them a little. Initially, they said they will give half back, then after some pushback they refunded entire amount.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
pricegrabber wrote:
Have the exact same problem [Arc restaurant In Fairmont Vancouver Waterfront hotel]- how much of a hassle was it to get the credit?
gabbarsing wrote: Had to be on the phone with AmEx for 30 mins and push them a little. Initially, they said they will give half back, then after some pushback they refunded entire amount.
I had the exact same issue with the same restaurant and just got off the phone with Amex now. No hassle at all. It was a 5 minute phone call and she credited the entire amount. I kept the receipt and was prepared to submit it bit she never asked for it. She said it might take 3 days for the credit to appear.
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
Kiraly wrote: I had the exact same issue with the same restaurant and just got off the phone with Amex now. No hassle at all. It was a 5 minute phone call and she credited the entire amount. I kept the receipt and was prepared to submit it bit she never asked for it. She said it might take 3 days for the credit to appear.
Same here, I just called in - and no hassle whatsoever. Must be a known issue.
Dec 25, 2010
21 posts
13 upvotes
ipassgas wrote: Can I buy a 175 gift card at Oliver bonacini Bayview village?
Were you able to find success? Thinking of doing this myself as I’m not usually in the city anymore due to working from home.
Jul 24, 2008
59 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
cknfngrs wrote: Were you able to find success? Thinking of doing this myself as I’m not usually in the city anymore due to working from home.
I was able to buy a gift card at the O&B Downtown Toronto location.
Aug 27, 2017
42 posts
23 upvotes
Based on my reading, the purchase amount does not need to be $175 (i.e., can be any amount). $175 is just the max amount that Amex will credit. Is that correct?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
2098 posts
1968 upvotes
raptorsfan17 wrote: Based on my reading, the purchase amount does not need to be $175 (i.e., can be any amount). $175 is just the max amount that Amex will credit. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.
Jul 25, 2019
698 posts
358 upvotes
YVR
Went to Minami in Vancouver middle of Dec and am still waiting for my credit. I called to ask, and they said it could take up to 90 days? Anyone else experience this?
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote: I had the exact same issue with the same restaurant and just got off the phone with Amex now. No hassle at all. It was a 5 minute phone call and she credited the entire amount. I kept the receipt and was prepared to submit it bit she never asked for it. She said it might take 3 days for the credit to appear.
pricegrabber wrote: Same here, I just called in - and no hassle whatsoever. Must be a known issue.
Did your credit actually post? It's been six days and it hasn't appeared. But I understand there was a long weekend in the middle of it.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2019 upvotes
Ottawa
beancounter6 wrote: Went to Minami in Vancouver middle of Dec and am still waiting for my credit. I called to ask, and they said it could take up to 90 days? Anyone else experience this?
no it's usually posted within the next few days
Dec 8, 2008
350 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone else suffering from fomo from not taking advantage of this offer?
Aug 27, 2017
42 posts
23 upvotes
I squeezed in an order on Dec 31 but somehow only $65.66 of my ~$180 order was credited. Guess I'll be calling Amex.
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
Kiraly wrote: Did your credit actually post? It's been six days and it hasn't appeared. But I understand there was a long weekend in the middle of it.
Mines posted within a few business days. However, it's listed as a "credit for membership fee" dated for May.
Nov 6, 2019
74 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto/Ajax
Went to Lee in Toronto, got the entire credit within a week. Didn’t book through concierge
Aug 13, 2015
797 posts
1396 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kiraly wrote: Did your credit actually post? It's been six days and it hasn't appeared. But I understand there was a long weekend in the middle of it.
In our experience: Restaurant charge posted Dec 26, credit appeared on Dec 28.
Images
  • Amex Hawksworth.PNG
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
adaniel wrote: In our experience: Restaurant charge posted Dec 26, credit appeared on Dec 28.
Thanks, but those of use who went to ARC had to call to have the credit manually applied, because the charge posted as a hotel and didn’t trigger the credit. I called in a week ago and was told the credit would be manually applied, today still no credit. I called again today and was told "wait 90 days" but after a bit more prompting she agreed to escalate it.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4020 posts
3369 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Wow that's unexpected.

I only spent ~$150 of my $175 dining credit back in December. Which was a fair game.

Fast forward to 4 months later, I received a ~$25 credit today from "AMEX BANK OF CANADA", and when you click on the details it said it was the "$175DININGOFFER". First time receiving the difference like that from an Amex Offer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)