Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Full Boost [50% off] $41.42

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2014 9:38 pm
Nov 25, 2013
281 posts
405 upvotes
Markham

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Full Boost [50% off] $41.42

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
October 20, 2014
I just ordered my copy of the game. As the game is on PS3, there is no region lock issues to worry about.
The game is relatively new (out January 30, 2014). Currently on a week-long sale 50% off.

*note* There is no free shipping... so we have to fork out about $5.50 CAD for that... still... for a game normally around $80 bucks ($50 for used on eBay), I think this is a good deal.
16 replies
Nov 25, 2013
281 posts
405 upvotes
Markham
Tonberry wrote: I have a feeling that Maxi Boost will be coming soon
The arcade version just came out in March. Based on past games, we can extrapolate and guess that the PS3 version won't be out until at least this time next year and you have to wait close to another year after that for a price drop/sale so you're aiming for mid/late 2016 if you don't want to fork out 80+ bucks :D
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
^Yes. Japanese only. Fairly easy to play though.

Thanks OP.

Been waiting for a discount on this game. Love Gundam games but they never come out here.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
Good deal thanks for the find.
Nov 25, 2013
281 posts
405 upvotes
Markham
qrich4three wrote: Is this Japanese only?
As champion116 said, this is Japanese only. But it's a fighting game so it's not like we need much explanation. Basic menu like "arcade" and "versus" and "option" are in English then it's all about choosing your MS...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6907 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
I have the regular Extreme Vs. It's a total button-smasher ... not that hard to figure out if you use an online guide.

Found the game a bit underwealming, but never had a problem finding online matches.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
raspeed wrote: I have the regular Extreme Vs. It's a total button-smasher ... not that hard to figure out if you use an online guide.

Found the game a bit underwealming, but never had a problem finding online matches.
Definitely not a buttom smasher. Maybe (even that is a stretch) to beat the arcade game but against a skilled opponent it's not that easy.
Oct 28, 2012
967 posts
165 upvotes
EDMONTON
is the best version coming out soon? that might be even cheaper than this price.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
Tonberry wrote: I have a feeling that Maxi Boost will be coming soon
Hopefully less shoto clones. Didn't really buy any DLC for FB because of that.
raspeed wrote: I have the regular Extreme Vs. It's a total button-smasher ... not that hard to figure out if you use an online guide.
... :rolleyes:

Funny that you mention "button mashing":
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... on+mashing

[indent]button mashing
The act of pressing just about all the buttons on the game controller in a desperate attempt not to get your ass kicked at Marvel vs. Capcom. Often used when someone has never played a videogame before and doesn't know the commands. Sometimes used because it's cheap.
I would've beaten him at Soul Calibur if he hadn't been button mashing the whole time.[/indent]

You won't be able to get anywhere in this game or in vanilla if you're just mashing buttons. Try playing this in an arcade in Japan -- if you're not a hardcore player, you WILL get pwned in less than ten seconds EVEN if you do know how to play and not button-mash (and that's not a result of the other players mashing buttons...).

FB home edition was more underwhelming in the sense that it didn't have as many offline features like vanilla. The more annoying thing was the fact that you need an online pass, meaning it's impossible to platinum it using an NA account since you'll never be able to get all trophies...
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Gitaroo wrote: is the best version coming out soon? that might be even cheaper than this price.
Probably another 8 months before I think that comes out. Will probably be slightly cheaper. Best Versions tend to hover around $35 CDN.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
apf888 wrote:
FB home edition was more underwhelming in the sense that it didn't have as many offline features like vanilla. The more annoying thing was the fact that you need an online pass, meaning it's impossible to platinum it using an NA account since you'll never be able to get all trophies...
If I have a Japanese Account, then can I play online with other Japanese players? I saw an article on Kotaku which shows you how to create a Japanese account on your North American PS3, so then I guess it comes down to paying Bandai for the online pass to play on their servers? Any advice/help would be most appreciated, as I'm tempted to get MSG:EVsFB at this price. Cheers! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
tigerhawk33 wrote: If I have a Japanese Account, then can I play online with other Japanese players? I saw an article on Kotaku which shows you how to create a Japanese account on your North American PS3, so then I guess it comes down to paying Bandai for the online pass to play on their servers? Any advice/help would be most appreciated, as I'm tempted to get MSG:EVsFB at this price. Cheers! :)
It's a pretty good price. But yes, you need a Japanese account to play the Japanese version online or if you want to get any of the DLC. When you buy the game new, it includes a slip of paper with a code that you redeem on the Japanese PSN which gives you an online pass. If you don't have the paper, you have to buy one on the PSN.

EDIT: This is the Asia version. So you'd be locked to the Asian PSN, not the Japanese one.
EDIT 2: Hrm... maybe, maybe not. Might be worth trying the code on the Japanese PSN, though some people were saying they were the same, other people were saying they weren't. Vanilla had a code and apparently it didn't work on both Japanese and HK PSN. I pre-ordered the Japanese version long ago, so... *shrug*
Oct 28, 2012
967 posts
165 upvotes
EDMONTON
wait for the best version then, I stop buying games from play-asia since I have discovered Amiami, ship straight from Japan and games always cheaper. Even day 1 purchase of any newJP import games are the cheapest there. Last version the gundam extreme was 3100 for the best version.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Gitaroo wrote: wait for the best version then, I stop buying games from play-asia since I have discovered Amiami, ship straight from Japan and games always cheaper. Even day 1 purchase of any newJP import games are the cheapest there. Last version the gundam extreme was 3100 for the best version.
My main problem with amiami is stock. It's not as well stocked as other stores.
Nov 25, 2013
281 posts
405 upvotes
Markham
Gitaroo wrote: is the best version coming out soon? that might be even cheaper than this price.
If the last game was any indication, The Best edition should come out early next year... but typically The Best starts at $35 USD which will end up being quite close to the current deal. If you think saving 2 or 3 dollars is worth the wait, then yeah wait for The Best. Otherwise, this should be as good as it gets until Maxi comes out for console.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)