• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2019 10:34 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1600 posts
528 upvotes
pros911 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:09 pm
I loved ACR when i was on android 8, if you forgot something that they said or you didn't had time to take anynote or you want proof you said something to your gf :D
That to me sounds like the perfect way to get rid of said girlfriend.
May 13, 2017
82 posts
108 upvotes
Ontario
Can also confirm no issues with Android 9 (Note 9)
Both parties clearly audible.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5020 posts
2028 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pros911 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:09 pm
I loved ACR when i was on android 8, if you forgot something that they said or you didn't had time to take anynote or you want proof you said something to your gf :D
Is it like this?
me: I told you so yesterday!
your soon to be ex gf: No you didn't.
me: Yes I did. I can proof to you. Let me just pull out the recorded conversation.
your soon to be ex gf: what?? You recorded our conversation? You jerk. I don't want to talk to you anymore. I don't want to hear what I said in youtube.
me: wait, I haven't show you the voice clip yet. Hear it before breaking up, ok?
your soon to be ex gf: boommmm. (sound of hanging up the phone with force)

I am using android 9 and it is working.
My phone is rooted, but it didn't ask for super user permission.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 21, 2012
365 posts
263 upvotes
Winnipeg
I could see it being useful when talking to lawyers, insurance companies, salesmen or even an ex-wife when discussing kids etc. Especially insurance companies when enquiring about certain coverages, that way you have proof of what they told you.
Nov 6, 2011
13 posts
24 upvotes
QU
You should keep in mind that you have to inform anyone you are recording if you plan to use that information in a legal matter. Except for the girlfriend thing where you are better off keeping it low profile I guess....
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2944 posts
1061 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone recommend a good one for iOS that DOESN'T require to merge the call to record? Thanks
Oct 13, 2017
149 posts
224 upvotes
Halifax
snoopd4441 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:40 pm
You should keep in mind that you have to inform anyone you are recording if you plan to use that information in a legal matter. Except for the girlfriend thing where you are better off keeping it low profile I guess....
I have read multiple articles online that suggests that as long as one party (you) is consenting to the recording, then it is legal:

I quote "Is It Legal To Record Phone Calls in Ontario for Individuals?
According to the Criminal Code of Canada, you can record a phone call as long as at least one person in the conversation is aware that the recording is taking place. This is known as the “one-party notification.” This means that the person doing the recording has to be taking part in the conversation. You cannot tape a conversation between two individuals, neither of which are aware that the taping is going on. The following is an excerpt from Section 183.1: of the Criminal Code of Canada: Part VI: Invasion of Privacy that deals with this point:

“Where a private communication is originated by more than one person or is intended by the originator thereof to be received by more than one person, a consent to the interception thereof by any one of those persons is sufficient consent for the purposes of any provision of this Part. [1993, c.40, s.2.]”"

http://network-telecom.com/ontario-laws ... one-calls/
Oct 11, 2009
224 posts
198 upvotes
BC
Thanks op! Just installed and tried. Working very well with my redmi.
Mar 7, 2011
568 posts
329 upvotes
Winnipeg
When you close out of the app it pops up asking to rate the app every time saying its a developer "working for free"....yet this is apparently a paid app?
Exact same wording as another actually FREE app called Call Recorder Automatic
So fishy with all these apps being just slightly diff with clearly the same devs some free, paid, paid but free
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3203 posts
628 upvotes
snoopd4441 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:40 pm
Quick reply . . . . . NO, you don't. Have you been out of the country since the SNC Lavalin scandal broke? Only one party to the call needs to be aware that it is being recorded. Even companies don't HAVE to inform you that they are recording; that they do is a courtesy.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2944 posts
1061 upvotes
Scarborough
fredsmith wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 7:07 pm
Quick reply . . . . . NO, you don't. Have you been out of the country since the SNC Lavalin scandal broke? Only one party to the call needs to be aware that it is being recorded. Even companies don't HAVE to inform you that they are recording; that they do is a courtesy.
Correct, it's once a 3rd party is involved or more than it needs to be mentioned but between two parties there is absolutely no obligation to let them know you are recording. If anyone has seen court shows such as Judge Judy or People's Court you can clearly see plaintiffs and defendants always showing the judge their call recordings.