Hot Deals

[Play Store/iOS] Highly-Rated Strategy Board Game Apps on Sale-up to 70% off! (iOS as well now)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2020 12:11 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Highly-Rated Strategy Board Game Apps on Sale-up to 70% off! (iOS as well now)

Deal Link:
Savings:
up to 70%
Expiry:
April 2, 2020
Retailer:
Play Store/iOS
Last week, a few non-Asmodee board game apps were on sale; today, a whole bunch of other highly-rated board games (according to Boardgamegeek) just became discounted, some of them heavily! Most are Asmodee Digital creations, which is known for doing great board game ports. Individual links to games below; happy gaming!

**now discounted on iOS as well for many games; I'll try to get links below asap**

Carcassonne reg $6.99, now $3.89. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (great lighter-strategy but super-popular tile-laying game)

Terraforming Mars reg $11.99, now $7.99. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (One of the highest rated games of all time--great game!! Be the corporation that contributes the most to making Mars habitable)

Mysterium
reg $4.99, now $2.19. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (coop game, not too bad)

Splendor reg $6.49, now $3.09. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Another super-popular gateway game--get resources, turn them in for points--the app does a great job at giving you progressively more difficult challenges!)

Twilight Struggle reg $8.99, now $4.29. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Along with Terraforming Mars, one of the highest-ever rated board games. I love it, but it's not a quick game--they can last a couple hours, but it's so well made!! All about the Cold War)

Zombicide-Tactics and Shotguns reg $6.99, now $3.89. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Haven't played this one yet; just picked it up. Just Kickstarted the latest Zombicide game though! Kill zombies, need I say more?)

Isle of Skye reg $4.99, now $1.49. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Also just picked this one up; supposed to be an excellent port)

Love Letter reg $4.49, now $2.69. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Classic, super-popular card game--iirc it's only 18 cards in the deck, great to play with friends. Pretty quick to play.)

Le Havre The Inland Port reg $4.99, now $1.49. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Seen as one of the best gamer's games around)

Agricola All Creatures Big and Small
reg $6.99 now $2.29 Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Also regarded as a great euro/resource collection with meeples games)

Xenoshyft reg $6.49, now $3.09. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (New to me, but just bought it)

King and Assassins
reg $4.99, now $1.49. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (New to me)

Raiders of the North Sea
(Dire Wolf game, fwiw) reg $12.99, now $8.49 Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Currently my favourite strategy board game app--really well done! Pricey I guess, but such a great worker-placement game)

Dream Home The Board Game reg $4.99, now $3.32 Play Store Link Boardgamegeek info (highly-rated yet light family game (nominated and won a few awards in 2017)--furnish your home the best)

Abalone reg $4.99, now $1.49 Play Store Link Boardgamegeek info (Abstract 2-player game using black and white marbles on a hexagon board--push opponents marbles off the play area)
Last edited by fifi75 on Mar 27th, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
16 replies
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Not yet discounted like this in AppStore, but it often follows soon afterwards; here's hoping!
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Sep 22, 2016
253 posts
512 upvotes
I don't feel that this deal is for me, but I appreciate the detailed post OP. Have a +1!
Nov 21, 2011
22 posts
8 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thanks for all the detailed info. I ended up getting Terraforming Mars.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
EdZegRFD wrote: I don't feel that this deal is for me, but I appreciate the detailed post OP. Have a +1!
NP; sale prices are good if you're in to board games.
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Jul 31, 2007
201 posts
96 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: Le Havre The Inland Port reg $4.99, now $1.49. Play Store link Boardgamegeek info (Seen as one of the best gamer's games around)
I think you're confusing Inland Port with Le Havre the regular board game. Inland Port is not nearly as good or popular as the original.
Feb 26, 2010
239 posts
243 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Thanks OP! Great time to spend all the free Google Play Rewards credits.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
johncraven wrote: I think you're confusing Inland Port with Le Havre the regular board game. Inland Port is not nearly as good or popular as the original.
Inland Port is a 2-person variation of the game, but similar enough mechanics. Le Havre is the original, and yes, that is regarded very highly, so you would be correct.
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Feb 16, 2019
13 posts
44 upvotes
Are there any of these games (or others people would recommend) that can be used with a Chromecast?
It would be enjoyable to play local-multiplayer while stuck at home
Koodo 8GB / $45 Plan
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
OK folks, it's now discounted on iOS as well; enjoy!
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Mar 7, 2011
99 posts
122 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: OK folks, it's now discounted on iOS as well; enjoy!
Some. I'm not seeing Carcassone discounted (yet). Here's hoping!

I believe Through the Ages is also discounted from 13.99 to 6.99.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
fruitpunch.ben wrote: Some. I'm not seeing Carcassone discounted (yet). Here's hoping!

I believe Through the Ages is also discounted from 13.99 to 6.99.
Correct; sorry, clarified this in first post, but didn't edit that post. Many discounted, but not all (yet?).
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1097 posts
874 upvotes
Which game(s) would you recommend for online play with friends? We love board games but obvious now cannot meet face to face. Any known bugs and game crushes?
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
366 posts
1018 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CCHIPSS wrote: Which game(s) would you recommend for online play with friends? We love board games but obvious now cannot meet face to face. Any known bugs and game crushes?
Others may have different ideas, but I think Raiders of the North Sea would work well, or Terraforming Mars. Both excellent multiplayer games. Or, get a game like Scythe via Steam, and have Zoom on in the back, using your computer. Other thoughts?
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)