Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 2:34 pm
Sep 12, 2012
856 posts
728 upvotes
Toronto
Was anyone able to pre-order the headset?
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1846 upvotes
Ajax
scrowe89 wrote: I get why people are upset about games potentially costing another $10-$15 or whatever, but at the same time.. video games are incredible right now. I rarely see one I want, spend the $80 and feel like it wasn't worth the money. The Sony exclusives in particular have just been getting bigger and better, I'm okay with spending another $10 if its going to be an even better experience as developers start creating games with the PS5 full potential.
unfortunately I grew up in the 80's when new games for consoles were hard to come by. I recall paying $80 for Qbert. So yeah , we have had it pretty damn good through the last 20 years.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1225 posts
2320 upvotes
Montreal
SeyitA35523 wrote: yeah
Are you sure?
From what i see on my psp there aren't any discounts, but ps5 accessories are 15% off.
Images
  • Capture3.PNG
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2899 posts
732 upvotes
Belle River
Gunz13 wrote: Was anyone able to pre-order the headset?
From The Source yes. From the post above looks like they are still readily available. I don't expect any accessories will become sold out all over.
Last edited by hystavito on Sep 17th, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 24, 2018
274 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
azn0Richard0 wrote: Are you sure?
From what i see on my psp there aren't any discounts, but ps5 accessories are 15% off.
i tho its code. but if available for everyone. code doesn't work..
Aug 20, 2009
314 posts
314 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote:
So why are people so excited about a Digital Only console PS5 when they were totally against it back in 2013 and beyond?

I don't understand the mentality behind it honestly.
People are definitely more accepting of digital only compared to last gen's launch. Still, Microsoft marketed the Xbox One in the worst way possible with DRM even on physical discs that tied to your Xbox account requiring an online connection to verify your game license every 24 hours. They would get blasted this year too if they did this.
Oct 12, 2018
205 posts
45 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Aero wrote: I saw it in stock at eb games. https://www.ebgames.ca/Platform/Games/877516
I'm torn on this. Debating trying one but I love my HyperX Cloud 2, and I had the Sony Gold and Platinum headsets for PS4 and had to return them because they were a downgrade from my Hyper X. Though I am curious about all this "3D Sound" hype around the PS5. Does anyone know if it's only going to apply to Sony headsets or? HyperX was significantly better at telling which directions foot steps are coming from, so it should be capable for the new PS5 3D sound features in games, I hope.
May 19, 2019
29 posts
14 upvotes
Luckily just got it to add to my cart!!! Now just got to wait for it to come back in stock so I can pay lol
Apr 19, 2014
226 posts
119 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
The thing that worries me the most about digital only console is what happens when Sony shuts down the services?
Let's say 20 years from now, I want to play some PS5 exclusive game that hasn't been remade or that I just simply don't want to repurchase again.
What am I supposed to do? I've purchased a bunch of Wii Games on the store and now that the store is shut, I just lost that money.
I guess it would be fine if you downloaded them all on your console but with the size of games I'm not sure if that's viable.
Dec 31, 2010
391 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal
Was able to place one in my cart (DISC) at Wal Mart
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1225 posts
2320 upvotes
Montreal
SeyitA35523 wrote: i tho its code. but if available for everyone. code doesn't work..
The virgin promo, if I'm correct with what your referring to, is to join the psp program thesource offers.
But the psp doesn't apply to all items.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1846 upvotes
Ajax
Neocodex wrote: Correct; I dont buy games. I only buy consoles by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

I have 4 switches in my home. The two lites, walked into shoppers the day after it was released and got 2. The original, I preordered one and walked into bestbuy for the second a few days later.

PreOrdered launch day PS4, and got one for my brother in law from walmart a few days later.

Animal crossing was hard to get on launch, but I was driving from Ottawa to Renfew(1h) anyways, and I grabbed one at the walmart there.

The most trouble I had was getting RDR2 on launch day. Eb games had a lineup down the block so I went 2 days later and got one.

The only system I have ever had trouble getting was the Wii. I ended up getting one on kiji for $50 over msrp a week after launch.

My bet is still open.
Maybe not too many gamers up there in Kanata?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2922 posts
3044 upvotes
GTA
Neocodex wrote: Variables? This is not complicated.

I live in Ottawa. Between launch day and Christmas I will be able to get my hands on a BNIB PS5 @ MSRP without preordering. I bet you $10. Take the bet or stop talking shit.
Whoa, slow down son, I didn't come here and start the poop talk. And yeah it's not complicated if you just want to fleece a tool or look good on an online forum (snicker) without any effort, no.
But for the thinking gambler you will definitely have to give more, unless you're afraid of looking bad after all your boasting. And who are you anyway? Retail employee by any chance? Maybe you got your fingers on the pulse of knowing when and where there are shipments? Nobody here knows who you are outside of Adam. Talking smack is free, so get your $10 fill I suppose.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1256 posts
456 upvotes
KANATA
mrtvgame wrote: Maybe not too many gamers up there in Kanata?
Naw. Ottawa, with its high government income and piles of kids....
derpin
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
Aero wrote: It's all about the savings, we are in RFD where people fight to the death to save a penny.

Did they confirm you can play all PS4 disc and I thought that you can purchase digital version of PS4 games as well. I probably should look into that.
Yeah...but even if saving...investing a bit more will give you a lot more bang for your buck...and as RFDers that matters a lot too I am sure.

As for the PS4 Discs....yes...Sony confirmed that the majority of the games will be playing on the PS5 without problem and with boosts in frame-rates and/or graphics/resolution in some cases...probably after a patch is applied of some kind in some games.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1171 posts
466 upvotes
Laval
azimmavz wrote: Luckily just got it to add to my cart!!! Now just got to wait for it to come back in stock so I can pay lol
LOL. Same I have both of them in my cart and I keep refreshing.
Mar 5, 2007
368 posts
192 upvotes
So, I feel like everyone is REALLY glossing over the $630 pricepoint, here (!!!!!!!!!), and I really don't get why that's happening...
Thanks to a sweet Sony credit card deal, I picked up a launch-day PS4 for, what, like, $340 net? Something like that, anyway. The PS5 is CLOSE TO DOUBLE THAT PRICE! I know it's been 7 years, but, like, my new Toyota Camry didn't cost me $70,000. I'm not paying $8 for a jug of milk. And yet everyone's jizzing in their pants about a $630 (!!!!!!!!!!!!) console? Huh?
Someone please explain this to me.
Aug 23, 2009
348 posts
78 upvotes
for anyone that ordered from the source and is concerned about them charging your CC upfront. I called them today and confirmed that your CC only gets charged when the item is shipped. Also confirmed on their website FAQs (scroll down to shopping section) - https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/faq
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1569 posts
688 upvotes
BC
azn0Richard0 wrote: Are you sure?
bought some accessories at a discounted price...

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 4 guests)

rappa, spiderman1234, Canuckian01, Hamann, skyngai, adosal