Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1290 posts
957 upvotes
St Catharines
texasbruce wrote: Charge $130 for a bluray player? More like discouraging people to buy physical copy and resell them, so that they can sell more digital copies which cannot be re-sold
Guess you haven't seen how much 4K BluRay players go for...
whoa-albert wrote: No swapping discs. A lot cheaper. Console runs quieter. PS Store digital sales are usually better (plus no tax) than physical stores.
TheSource has entered the chat.
jayoldschool wrote: List prices are not Hot Deals...
Good luck paying list if you don't pre-order!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3041 posts
941 upvotes
Montreal
sure .... LOL

The following items are currently on backorder and the shipment has been delayed. We’re trying our best to get your items to you as soon as possible.

Don’t worry—you’ll never be charged for items that are not delivered. We’ll update you again in a few days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks for shopping at Walmart.ca.

See you soon,
-Walmart.ca
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2760 posts
398 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: You should follow the advice.
What advice? I'm here cuz I'm interested. Not because I'm trying to moderate the forums like you.
Dec 27, 2006
102 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone actually pre order a diskless one? I wonder if it's really sold out or it's just not available to order yet, it's just listing as-is.

Would be cool if someone confirms.

Regardless I pre order 1, worst case I have till Nov to cancel.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1273 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto
2kfire wrote: Guess you haven't seen how much 4K BluRay players go for...
The person could spend far less and get a last gen console for 4K Blu-Ray and still have a gaming machine to boot.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1914 posts
524 upvotes
Not liking the weird wave design, is the position only vertical, no horizontal? PS3 was bought during launch, had all sorts of heating issues, PS4 end of cycle, slim and cheap no issues so far...
Will wait.. these Fat launch versions will have all sorts of bugs, going to wait for a slim digital once they do their revisions, by that time the games will be widely available and heavily discounted..
Nov 23, 2007
65 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Got my pre-order at BestBuy for the disc version.

I like to collect the discs. :)
Feb 8, 2011
345 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
ODoyleRulz wrote: WALMART DIGITAL IS AVAILABLE NOW
At store pickup says Nov 18, so even if I preorder I cant get it on launch day?
Jan 23, 2005
163 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey
did receive confirmation - disk version - Best Buy.

Thanks OP
Sep 26, 2006
108 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Managed to get pre order disc version walmart. Wahoo
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1273 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto
For the people trying to buy disc-less versions of these consoles get it through your thick heads that if you go that route you get locked into an ecosystem where they have you at their mercy on their digital stores. You are much better spending the money on a good pc than getting these all digital consoles.
Nov 22, 2004
561 posts
1422 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Imagine being on RFD since 2004 and still being this narrow minded.

Imagine not understanding what Hot Deals means given the basic English language one has supposedly learned all his life.
PSN: mwatcher
XBL: LionChi

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 2 guests)

viperm5, chilli604, antoniomn, Rosh93