Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2021 12:39 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19709 posts
5866 upvotes
Azmosis30 wrote: Well believe what you want

But it’s a hold

It will disappear in a few days
Since I paid with a debit card as my renewable cc doesn't have $700+ on it, they took the money right away. If the order gets cancelled, they will put it back. Have had that happen on lesser items...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1275 posts
2390 upvotes
Montreal
kooltilltheen wrote: Very true. And on top of that, we are all taking an extra risk by buying at launch. But that's just how it is with any shiny object (esp electronic!) which releases
I mean also if Sony thought soldering the ssd directly into the system improved it's performance, could you imagine the long term implications if the ssd died on you?
As far as I'm aware they discussed an expansion bay but I don't think they were clear if the original ssd is removable.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Gunz13 wrote:
ROTFL! That was hilarious...I laughed out so loud! Face With Tears Of Joy

I love "Jingle All The Way!"...but this switch with the PS5 sold out and Xbox Series S as being left on the store shelves was just too funny!

Thanks, man...I needed that laugh!
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Sep 17th, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3489 posts
3686 upvotes
GTA
kooltilltheen wrote: Only sort of true...PS4 Pros are/were notorious for being loud and noisy. PS3's had their own share of problems (I'd know having gone through 3 of them!) but noise wasn't as consistently a problem with them as it is for PS4 Pros
My SW Battlefront PS4 Pro is incredibly quiet. My friend bought a PS4 Pro CUH-7215b (the newer, quieter revision) and he had the same issue as you, jet engine fan, then shutdown.
I helped him fix it by opening it up and changing the thermal paste. When we opened it up, only 3/4 of the chip had thermal paste on it, while the rest was clean and untouched. Once we applied new paste and assembled it, the fan barely spins up.
If you still have that noisy Pro, I suggest you do something about it before it overheats and completely fries itself.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35060 posts
4289 upvotes
Winnipeg
waven101 wrote: rip ps5, xbox series x for me with my 3 years of game pass.
xbox game pass is indeed very impression, does ps5 have something comparable? No, their monthly free games for psn+ members are shit.
Nov 10, 2013
69 posts
77 upvotes
Calgary
BernardRyder wrote: It sounds good, but some caveats with Gamepass. Gamepass is going to be a lot of EA games, so its not like any game you want will be available. Gamepass games also leave the service at various times, so it's less like PS+ and more like Netflix. If you don't finish a Gamepass game but really like it, you might be tempted to buy it anyway. Granted, the game might be a bit cheaper by then, and some people will plow through games really quickly without needing to purchase it.
Gamepass will still be the same games they're just adding the subscription to Ea Play on top of it. It won't suddenly just be mostly EA games
Dec 31, 2017
19 posts
8 upvotes
Managed to snag a digital version at Walmart last night but won't get it on release day. It was either pick up in-store on the 14th or delivery on the 13th.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
jaychoy912 wrote: which tv to get for ps5?
best to wait till black friday?
HiSense H9....or TCL 6 Series 2020 if you are on a budget and must buy this year.....but I highly recommend waiting for mini-led TVs by Vizio and TCL next year and models that have QDot and VRR (Variable Refresh Rates) that support upto 120hz. You will need those for a gaming TV.

2021 is the year to start considering a next-gen Gaming TV...we are mostly not there yet unless you want to get super-expensive flaship TVs this year.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2355 posts
840 upvotes
Burnaby
flavp5 wrote: Lol at the people still ordering from Walmart. There no way people are getting those unless ya ordered within the first 10-15 mins past night .

Mark my words
Cancelled orders? Some probably placed multiple orders across multiple retailers. Although Walmart seems less of a risk than EB games, The Source and maybe even Bestbuy as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3671 posts
4330 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: I see 15 previous gen games, are you suggesting it is comparable to the xbox gamer pass?
Game pass is much better but for someone who might not have had a ps4... those are some very high quality games to go through.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
mrkdwd wrote: Selling a PS5 if anybody wants one?

https://ibb.co/2h8XqcQ
LOL! That's a funny Pic....PS2 + PS3 definitely equals PS5 Face With Tears Of Joy

This reminds me of that failed marketing campaign TV Ad with the neurotic lady Teacher in the Classroom...in the early 1990's for the ATARI Jaguar. She was saying in the Ad in a crazy way on the blackboard that 32 bit + 32 bit processors is equal to 64 bits graphics console....followed by a loud "DO THE MATH!" Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 5, 2019
20 posts
55 upvotes
nithanyo wrote: with games being $90 now, gamepass is looking more and more appealing.
Two additions here; Games aren't $90 across the board. For example Spiderman: Miles is actually cheaper than usual (CAD$79 for new titles) at CAD$64/USD$49 on PS5, however you can buy the edition that comes with the first game for an extra $20, putting it at CAD$84/USD$69. Sackboy, another PS5 first party game is still the regular $79. So far when it comes to first party games, only Demon Souls and Destruction AllStars have taken to the increased price. Ultimately, I think this is an attempt at them squeezing out extra cash for early adopters of the games, although maybe I'm being optimistic and the pricing is going to stay once people stop talking about it.

Secondly, playstation also has their own version of game pass called Playstation Now and they have confirmed it's coming to PS5. The game offerings is different, but it's still very affordable pricing for a year's worth, or you can just say subscribed to PS+ alone and play the 'free' game offerings each month plus the game collection that's coming with the launch of PS5 that's amazing for those who missed out on the PS4 generation. To me these options alone are going to make the first year of owning the console a breakeven, because let's face it, outside of maybe a handful of games, we're going to be waiting a while for developers to come out with their heavy hitters post-2021.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: I see 15 previous gen games, are you suggesting it is comparable to the xbox gamer pass?

No, but those games are some of the BEST of the BEST games ever released on the PS4...very excellent collection...and ones that will keep people playing for a very very long time all those games.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Sep 17th, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.