Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2023 10:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8439 upvotes
GTA
Dunderhead wrote: You're not up to speed. Go look up the PS plus collection they announced yesterday.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/16/2144 ... mes-titles
divx wrote: I see 15 previous gen games, are you suggesting it is comparable to the xbox gamer pass?
Save yourself the headache and don't even argue with MPEG-4. Not worth the time.
c'mon get happy!
Apr 27, 2011
395 posts
60 upvotes
Edmonton
mrtvgame wrote: Plus if you have a decent PS4 physical disc collection that you are bringing over, you'll need it.
Yup I do. Shit ton of games i have yet had time to play and still in original wrapping lol.
Nov 19, 2014
24 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Scorpionsy wrote: HiSense H9....or TCL 6 Series 2020 if you are on a budget and must buy this year.....but I highly recommend waiting for mini-led TVs by Vizio and TCL next year and models that have QDot and VRR (Variable Refresh Rates) that support upto 120hz. You will need those for a gaming TV.

2021 is the year to start considering a next-gen Gaming TV...we are mostly not there yet unless you want to get super-expensive flaship TVs this year.
What are you even talking about? You can get a Q70T/Q80T right now that is 120hz and supports VRR. A 65 inch Q70T is like 1500 bucks, thats not insanely expensive (though I would spend the extra 500 bucks on the Q80T if you can afford it). Also Vizio seems to have stopped selling in Canada.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Which is the better game...Demon Souls remastered (PS5)...or Dark Souls remastered (PS4 / Pro)....not talking about the graphics...both look great. But difficulty and fun and gameplay-wise? And why?
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
1570 posts
115 upvotes
any news about how PS5 would run games on 1440p? Will it run on 4K and downscale or 1080 then upscale? I just remember reading somewhere that it doesnt support 1440 natively
Sep 16, 2020
5 posts
Most people (who are not low income) should have an Amex card that gives you two years no questions asked warranty. You don’t even need to send proof sometimes if you don’t abuse it they would just believe you and send you a refund almost instantly to go buy a new one. It’s actually easier and faster then trying to do warranty through Sony or other companies.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
mrblue81 wrote: What are you even talking about? You can get a Q70T/Q80T right now that is 120hz and supports VRR. A 65 inch Q70T is like 1500 bucks, thats not insanely expensive (though I would spend the extra 500 bucks on the Q80T if you can afford it). Also Vizio seems to have stopped selling in Canada.
Maybe I should have said it better...but I was typing in a hurry. Yes, any TV that has VRR and 120hz and has at least two HDMI 2.1 ports is worth getting. But they are not that common yet this year...and more expensive. So next year we will see more cheaper models with those features built in.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Which is the better game...Demon Souls remastered (PS5)...or Dark Souls remastered (PS4 / Pro)....not talking about the graphics...both look great. But difficulty and fun and gameplay-wise? And why?
Different for everyone but Dark Souls gets my vote.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8439 upvotes
GTA
seekbuty wrote: not funny any more since there was a PS4 sold in the same way.
I remember reading that someone once overpaid for a PS3 at launch on eBay. They received 3 PS1's.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Pakito98 wrote: Yup I do. Shit ton of games i have yet had time to play and still in original wrapping lol.
Same here
Nov 23, 2011
84 posts
173 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Which is the better game...Demon Souls remastered (PS5)...or Dark Souls remastered (PS4 / Pro)....not talking about the graphics...both look great. But difficulty and fun and gameplay-wise? And why?
Dark Souls remastered will not look half as good as Demon's Souls Remastered on the PS5. As a huge FromSoftware fan, imo, Demon's Souls + DS 2 + DS3 + bloodborne + sekiro were all better than the original Dark Souls. Just me, though. A lot will disagree.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote: Different for everyone but Dark Souls gets my vote.
Can you please say why you prefer Dark Souls?
Sep 16, 2020
5 posts
How was it a good deal? I had the chance to buy it last night it was just the regular price for this two items.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
sting004 wrote: Dark Souls remastered will not look half as good as Demon's Souls Remastered on the PS5. As a huge FromSoftware fan, imo, Demon's Souls + DS 2 + DS3 + bloodborne + sekiro were all better than the original Dark Souls. Just me, though. A lot will disagree.
Yeah...I get it...this is a next-gen graphical boost for Demon Souls Remastered...but as I said...not considering graphics, why would one be better than the other? Gameplay wise and fun wise and storywise?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
lovetheREDLIGHT wrote: Two additions here; Games aren't $90 across the board. For example Spiderman: Miles is actually cheaper than usual (CAD$79 for new titles) at CAD$64/USD$49 on PS5, however you can buy the edition that comes with the first game for an extra $20, putting it at CAD$84/USD$69. Sackboy, another PS5 first party game is still the regular $79. So far when it comes to first party games, only Demon Souls and Destruction AllStars have taken to the increased price.
Miles Morales is not a full blown Spider-Man game which is why it’s price is the way it is. Same with Sackboy.

Expect new titles to be $90
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2850 posts
501 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: Miles Morales is not a full blown Spider-Man game which is why it’s price is the way it is. Same with Sackboy.

Expect new titles to be $90
Is it like a standalone dlc/expansion of the PS4 spiderman?
Last edited by Aero on Sep 17th, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2020
5 posts
GameStop stock is skyrocketing this month almost doubled 100% increase what are you smoking? It was a hot stock all this month lots of people making big money off hype from the new consoles. Just in the last 24 hours it’s had an insane 10% daily rise. Why do people always say stuff they know nothing about.
Nov 16, 2015
181 posts
215 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HEADS UP! JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM LONDON DRUGS SAYING THEY ARE RESTOCKING SOME ONLINE PREORDERS AT 3PM PST THIS AFTERNOON!

I've got one already so hoping at least some of you who don't will be successful! Good luck - just about an hour away Smiling Face With Open Mouth.

Digital: https://www.londondrugs.com/pre-order-p ... ps5console
Disk: https://www.londondrugs.com/pre-order-p ... ps5console

2020-09-17 13_35_29-Shaw Webmail_ PlayStation5 now available for Pre-Order - Limited additional quan.png
Last edited by gldentiger on Sep 17th, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)