Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:25 am
Nov 17, 2015
166 posts
315 upvotes
Banff, AB
I legit was at checking out and messed up my address. I had it on checkout before I got kicked out during processing payment. It might be in an hour but I had it in my cart so yes, there were some available at 3 pm MST.
Nov 16, 2015
147 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cheelos wrote: I legit was at checking out and messed up my address. I had it on checkout before I got kicked out during processing payment. It might be in an hour but I had it in my cart so yes, there were some available at 3 pm MST.
Oh crazy. Try again in 45mins!
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4186 posts
887 upvotes
Scarborough
bubaglobalj wrote: wow, this thread is crazy big. I didn't know people were this excited for the new gen. I'm keeping my PS4 for a while before I am upgrading.
Alot of bums just preordered to resell on kijiji for double. The ads are already up.
Aug 25, 2018
153 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
I preordered 2x PS5 consoles.
One is already reserved for a fellow RFD guy at cost.

I have one more for personal use. However, if I feel like I don’t have enough time or the launch titles aren’t particular interesting, I might return my PS5 back to Amazon.

Instead, I can see there are quite a number of ya missed out on the preorder.

If you don’t mind a lightly use PS5, if I do decide not to keep my personal PS5, I can sell it to one of you at cost, if you don’t mind an opened box and slightly used console.

Anyways, shoot me a msg if interest, first msg received will be considered if I decide not to keep it.
Mar 23, 2010
531 posts
407 upvotes
I was about to checkout too but I forgot what the chocolate bar code was
Jul 28, 2007
825 posts
1251 upvotes
Calgary
Does London Drugs charge full price up front, or charge when shipped?
Nov 17, 2015
166 posts
315 upvotes
Banff, AB
iced~metal wrote: I was about to checkout too but I forgot what the chocolate bar code was
MERCISEPT10

I just plan on selling the ps5 at cost. I really just want the free chocolate bar and the slam on my credit card.
May 8, 2014
179 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Scorpionsy wrote: Which is the better game...Demon Souls remastered (PS5)...or Dark Souls remastered (PS4 / Pro)....not talking about the graphics...both look great. But difficulty and fun and gameplay-wise? And why?
I have huge nostalgia for Demon's Souls as it was the first I played. If I still had a PS3 I would have revisited it multiple times.

I was so stoked for the Dark Souls remaster. I played maybe 10 hours and, with the aging mechanics and overall jankiness, thought to myself, "I'd rather be playing Dark Souls 3 again right now."

I played Dark Souls 3 again for maybe 10 hours, and thought to myself, "I'd rather be playing Bloodborne again right now."

That was a while ago. No matter how many new games I get, from FF7 Remake, to Red Dead 2, to Sekiro, to Nioh 2...whatever it is, I always wind up slaying beasts in Yarnham. I played Bloodborne a few hours ago. Might just be my favourite game of all time.

Sorry, went on a bit of a rant, there. I'm hopeful the Demon's Souls remake will be magical. If not, well...a hunter is never alone.
A semi-competent prole, having worked in mortgages at a "Big Bank" for a day or two.
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
Amazon costumer service told me there getting more stock allocation at the end of the month.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1259 posts
361 upvotes
Surrey
How are you guys ordering from London drugs? I don't see an option to click on pre order
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5063 posts
3835 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I preordered a disk drive version last night from Best Buy. I don't think I'll keep it tho. If I had been able to secure digital I would have, but $711 is a little rich for me. I think I'll go Series X.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4186 posts
887 upvotes
Scarborough
uberbaumer wrote: I have huge nostalgia for Demon's Souls as it was the first I played. If I still had a PS3 I would have revisited it multiple times.

I was so stoked for the Dark Souls remaster. I played maybe 10 hours and, with the aging mechanics and overall jankiness, thought to myself, "I'd rather be playing Dark Souls 3 again right now."

I played Dark Souls 3 again for maybe 10 hours, and thought to myself, "I'd rather be playing Bloodborne again right now."

That was a while ago. No matter how many new games I get, from FF7 Remake, to Red Dead 2, to Sekiro, to Nioh 2...whatever it is, I always wind up slaying beasts in Yarnham. I played Bloodborne a few hours ago. Might just be my favourite game of all time.

Sorry, went on a bit of a rant, there. I'm hopeful the Demon's Souls remake will be magical. If not, well...a hunter is never alone.
I played a bit of the game myself, before the ps3 bricked on me yolo. I wasn't a big fan of it though, it was un necessarily hard, and had a bit of a learning curve. Either way, i'd still like to play it again. Do you think the game will be like $90 at launch?
Jan 26, 2014
282 posts
334 upvotes
brandonb21 wrote: Amazon costumer service told me there getting more stock allocation at the end of the month.
So another 5 that will be released at a random time in the middle of the night. Good luck everyone.
Jul 24, 2018
274 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I keep saying but no need to rush. Still 2 months and they will keep re stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2899 posts
733 upvotes
Belle River
DavewuPC wrote: However, if I feel like I don’t have enough time or the launch titles aren’t particular interesting, I might return my PS5 back to Amazon.
That's why I'm having second thoughts, I've been trying to think of what I will play when I get it, and nothing stands out or has me excited. I think the only game this "season" that has me excited is Cyberpunk 2077 but I'll be playing that on PC.
Nov 20, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Does London Drugs charge full price up front, or charge when shipped?
i got charged full price already
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2133 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
SeyitA35523 wrote: I keep saying but no need to rush. Still 2 months and they will keep re stock.
I agree, it's very interesting to see so much commotion about this on redflagdeals especially.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1700 posts
1121 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: EBGames in store

https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers

Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5

$270 - Pro PS4(1TB), Nintendo Switch

$235 - PS4 Slim (1TB), Xbox One X

$215 - PS4 Slim (500GB)

$150 - Xbox One S (500GB, 1TB,2TB), PS4 (500GB), Nintendo Switch Lite

$115 - Xbox One (500GB,1TB)

Run dates: Sept 17th - Oct 1st
In store only! Offer is only valid when trading towards the Preorder of PS5. While preorder quantities last. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE. Trade must be in full working condition. Altered consoles will not be accepted for trade. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made. No rainchecks.
Personally, I would be worried about ordering stuff from EB games.
If EB games take your deposit and go bankrupt, then you lose your money

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Duder71, yoman13