Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 3:35 am
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
rtsam77 wrote: So another 5 that will be released at a random time in the middle of the night. Good luck everyone.
i forgot to screen shot, but anyone can contact costumer support and should get same answer.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1151 posts
790 upvotes
Quebec City
JIB9022 wrote: Personally, I would be worried about ordering stuff from EB games.
If EB games take your deposit and go bankrupt, then you lose your money
I expect them to go bankrupt after the initial next gen releases.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8302 posts
3007 upvotes
Toronto
JIB9022 wrote: Personally, I would be worried about ordering stuff from EB games.
If EB games take your deposit and go bankrupt, then you lose your money
Just last long enough for Cyberpunk CE...
May 8, 2014
179 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blaznazn22 wrote: I played a bit of the game myself, before the ps3 bricked on me yolo. I wasn't a big fan of it though, it was un necessarily hard, and had a bit of a learning curve. Either way, i'd still like to play it again. Do you think the game will be like $90 at launch?
Looks like it's already listed at $90, yeah.

I totally fell in love with it. It just was so unlike anything I'd played before.

It was definitely punishing, and I'm not ashamed to say I summoned help frequently.

The developers doing the Demon's remake will (likely try to) stay faithful to the original, but if you've played any of the Soulsborne games more recently, your experience may be different this time around.
A semi-competent prole, having worked in mortgages at a "Big Bank" for a day or two.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1703 posts
1129 upvotes
wtengi wrote: i got charged full price already
without shipping? why would they charge something they didn't even ship?
Jan 28, 2018
268 posts
206 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: without shipping? why would they charge something they didn't even ship?
I believe I remember some people earlier on today say they got charged full price upfront for London Drugs.
Sep 16, 2020
31 posts
28 upvotes
I'm in the GTA, If I order from London Drugs will it arrive on the shipment date? Never heard of them before.
Aug 23, 2016
132 posts
199 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Does London Drugs charge full price up front, or charge when shipped?
They charged me the full amount up front
Jan 28, 2018
268 posts
206 upvotes
brandonb21 wrote: Amazon costumer service told me there getting more stock allocation at the end of the month.
Would be my preferred seller by far, but based on their initial pre-order run I'd be worried that it'd just be another 2 second sell out in the middle of the night.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1073 posts
2388 upvotes
Toronto
ilovevideogames wrote: Ditto. Greed is king it seems. So sad. Just consider the next family trying to score a little pathetic fun with an overpriced console this holiday. Seriously :(
jordan.jpeg
Nov 20, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: without shipping? why would they charge something they didn't even ship?
it does show shipped, so i guess they charged it. but i doubt it is actually shipped
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 2.41.26 PM.png
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4662 posts
3081 upvotes
rightthing wrote: Spending near $100 for each digital game is going to be a huge shock for unprepared PS5 Digital buyers. At least with the disk edition you can either buy it at full price and sell it after beating the game or wait a month and buy it 2nd hand at a lower price point. Sony just masterfully pocketed so much $$$ with the digital edition.
If digital edition sold better we will see digital games at $90 for a very long time.
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
wtengi wrote: it does show shipped, so i guess they charged it. but i doubt it is actually shipped
my bestbuy says same thing.. just a placeholder
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3365 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
Lol they probably shipped the chocolate bar and charged the full amount
Oct 11, 2013
558 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
I'm wondering what compatible SSDs would work on the ps5. I know sony said that they would have to test them before releasing a list to the public.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1703 posts
1129 upvotes
wtengi wrote: it does show shipped, so i guess they charged it. but i doubt it is actually shipped
that's greasy move by London Drugs; there is no way London Drug ship until November. They dont even have the stock in their warehouse, yet

Business shouldn't charge for the product when its not physically shipped
Nov 20, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
brandonb21 wrote: my bestbuy says same thing.. just a placeholder
but did bestbuy charge the whole amount yet?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1703 posts
1129 upvotes
wtengi wrote: but did bestbuy charge the whole amount yet?
no, bestbuy usually put placeholder for the full amount to ensure there is enough balance in the credit card, but dont charge the whole amount
Apr 12, 2017
37 posts
52 upvotes
wtengi wrote: but did bestbuy charge the whole amount yet?
Assuming you're using a credit card and not paypal.... Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart do not charge or pre-auth the amount until just before it ships. The Source, EBGames, and London Drugs appear to hit the card for the full amount immediately, though it is unclear if it is an authorization that expires or a permanent charge.

This might be different if you are a new customer with a new card maybe, but I have orders at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart with my existing accounts/known cards and my card shows no charges or preauths.
Last edited by gaspimp on Sep 17th, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2014
179 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WL1980 wrote: If digital edition sold better we will see digital games at $90 for a very long time.
We already have with full price PS4 games.

Sony (and others) were devilishly brilliant in testing the market.

People paid. I paid. I'm just too old and tired to bother trading in games anymore, or selling them.

With a family now, and my free time hyper-limited, I paid the premium to download a new release straight to my living room. I also love not having to get off my lazy ass to switch discs. I may have been slightly more inclined to buy physical games in the last 3 years if my son didn't jJamal coin in my PS4 Pro's disc drive, and I've been too terrified to stick a disc in ever since (and too lazy to open it up).

It's delightfully evil that Sony and Microsoft pocket the full $80 bucks, even though they never took a hit on each game through retail distribution. I love it. And I hate it.
A semi-competent prole, having worked in mortgages at a "Big Bank" for a day or two.