Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 5:29 pm
Nov 24, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
quetzpro wrote: waiting for the second wave

of the ps5 stocks
I see what you did there.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1134 posts
320 upvotes
KW
Redmask wrote: Don't post personal info in this thread, whether in jest or not. And no selling in here either.
Keep in mind fraud works in many ways.

The supplied credit card could be stolen and the user who willingly posted the number may be attempting to get a good person here to execute the crime on their behalf without them ever knowing.
Last edited by madpacket on Sep 17th, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4859 posts
1835 upvotes
Ajax
gaspimp wrote: EBGames Australia has already publicly stated that their second wave won't be until 2021.

Yeah because they are on a island on the bottom of the planet. Europe, Asia and North America trump them badly.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18719 posts
5406 upvotes
Went for the disk version as the disc acts as a keylock for getting the updated version. So, for Destiny 2, I still need to use my disc in the machine to get my improved version and to play the game. I really should not have to do this as the game is locked to my account. Ditto for every other game I have bought.
Apr 12, 2017
35 posts
51 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Yeah because they are on a island on the bottom of the planet. Europe, Asia and North America trump them badly.
Australia is closer to Asia by air shipping than Canada is. Happy to be wrong, but my guess is that within a week, every retailer here will say the same thing.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4859 posts
1835 upvotes
Ajax
DougO wrote: Went for the disk version as the disc acts as a keylock for getting the updated version. So, for Destiny 2, I still need to use my disc in the machine to get my improved version and to play the game. I really should not have to do this as the game is locked to my account. Ditto for every other game I have bought.
Do we have any information on how to migrate PS4 accounts over to PS5 including all PS+ titles that were downloaded to PS4 and and external HDD?
Mar 9, 2015
39 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Got in on this deal on the ground floor when it first went up and I was able to get me some, and all of them are spoken for from the boys on the oilfield!!! You'd be surprised what these guys are willing to pay lol.
Jul 10, 2019
206 posts
220 upvotes
So the online pre-sales got snatched up in about 8 hrs. But don't worry, they'll be easy to find on launch day.

Ok...
Feb 8, 2020
16 posts
10 upvotes
SDM bonus point redemption ends on the 23 or so... So I'm assuming that's when their preorders start.

Guess I'll keep saving my points and wait a little later to get the PS5 to make the most use out of my points.
Oct 19, 2005
850 posts
216 upvotes
Brampton
mrtvgame wrote: Do we have any information on how to migrate PS4 accounts over to PS5 including all PS+ titles that were downloaded to PS4 and and external HDD?
In terms of migrating the accounts, i imagine there shouldn't be anything needs to do. you just login to your PS account on your PS5.
Not sure what happen with the downloaded contents.
Feb 7, 2019
39 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
Preorders sold out.. Is it better to get one at the store on launch day or Black Friday?
Sep 18, 2017
593 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
Grabbed mine easily yesterday. Not sure why people weren't periodically checking the websites for pre-orders after the announcement.
Nov 7, 2013
233 posts
102 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
kaiseki wrote: Grabbed mine easily yesterday. Not sure why people weren't periodically checking the websites for pre-orders after the announcement.
Because the event specifically stated 'pre-orders starting tomorrow'.
Nov 23, 2015
83 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Str8Grumpz wrote: So the online pre-sales got snatched up in about 8 hrs. But don't worry, they'll be easy to find on launch day.

Ok...
Step 1: Find someone that pre-ordered
Step 2: Wait for launch day
Step 3: Go to their house

See that was easy to find!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2637 posts
2820 upvotes
GTA
renegadeavenger wrote:
Totally.. It was not funny.. For those genuine members that thought was real and tried honestly to protect information of the person thank you. But of course we have other people end of spectrum which probably did try using credit card to order something..

Not a funny post anyways in my opinion.
madpacket wrote: Keep in mind fraud works in many ways.

The supplied credit card could be stolen and the user who willingly posted the number may be attempting to get a good person here to execute the crime on their behalf without them ever knowing.
I agree, and honestly it sounds like a bannable (sp?) offense to me. Even if the CC was fake it promotes unsafe internet behaviour and possibly theft. What would mods think, @Redmask ?
c'mon get happy!

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 0 guests)

Dunderhead, gzar90, Eren93, davevanman, MoeZ55301, RussellP53756, hotjoint, DjRags604, chico82