Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:00 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4585 posts
1572 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Digital?
No. Full console.

I had been hitting refresh on Walmart, BB, and Amazon. A few times I got the console in the cart at BB but it was "sold out" by the time I placed the order. For Walmart, I was able to add it to my cart and was paying when it sold out. I kept hitting refresh and eventually, I was able to actually place the order.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2142 posts
742 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Dmbpjfan wrote: So nobody in this thread worried about issues with the first version?
Have had PS3, PS4 on launch day. Neither broke down.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5444 posts
925 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote: Have had PS3, PS4 on launch day. Neither broke down.
yeah, if anything, they were better than some 2nd-3rd revisions because Sony started to do more cost cutting.
Jul 24, 2018
255 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
if i had ps4 pro , i wouldn't think next generation till ps5 pro. they both support 4k.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10858 posts
3377 upvotes
tosstestter wrote: anyone know how to cancel the pre-order from The Source?

their customer service is horrible
Just call - very easy

I have done it before.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11697 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
viper163 wrote: It's $120 more than the Series S.
The PS5 Digital Edition has the exact same Power/Hardware as the PS5 Disc Drive edition. The Xbox Series S does NOT have the same hardware as the Xbox Series X...it's less powerful than the Series X and can't display even the same resolutions among other things than the Series X can...hence the price difference between it and the Series X. It's a good option for people who don't care about having the highest hardware/display power but still want a fun experience on a lower-budget. Think of the Series S as a Mid-Range PC compared to the Series X which is a Highend-Range PC....just for comparison sake.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1198 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Str8Grumpz wrote: I've be douched on my entire life by smammers, scalpers, not getting what I paid for or ripped off by people I know.

If I can make a few bucks to help pay for my type 1 diabetes medic alert tattoo, I'm going to try.

It's rich fools who paying, not you.
Not discrediting your past experiences with scammers/scalpers/etc., obviously that isn't right either in my book. But does it make it a fair enough reason to essentially get on their level? You're essentially a reseller/scalper.

To say "it's rich fools who paying, not you" is ignorant, and you're actually contradicting yourself based on your past experiences. Are you saying you were/are a rich fool since you got scammed or paid a scalper for something? How about folks in the middle- or lower-middle class who genuinely want to game but can only afford to at MSRP, but now they can't because you raised the price by reselling? A few bucks means something to most people, especially those on this very board lol.
Last edited by xtcnrice on Sep 17th, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 22, 2019
5 posts
kool1 wrote: Just call - very easy

I have done it before.
I called an hour ago and the person told me it cannot be cancelled. Said it can only be cancelled within 30 minutes of placing the order and that I should've read the terms and conditions before placing an order.

I'll try again though
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1672 posts
90 upvotes
Walmart has been sprinkling stock in (or having inventory issues?). I was just able to complete an order for the console and got an order confirmation email.

I was able to take another order right through to the final checkout phase to test it out again so there's still one up for grabs there.
Dec 21, 2012
277 posts
230 upvotes
Abbotsford
ilovevideogames wrote: Ditto. Greed is king it seems. So sad. Just consider the next family trying to score a little pathetic fun with an overpriced console this holiday. Seriously :(
You guys do know what forum you're on right?
All your base are belong to us
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1507 posts
376 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Dmbpjfan wrote: So nobody in this thread worried about issues with the first version?
I am not too worried.

I had a Generation 1 Ps2 that died within one year of having it and was replaced and I traded it in
I had a Generation 1 Ps3 that still lives (well I sold it last year on ebay)
I have a Generation 1 Ps4 that lived until I traded it for a Ps4 pro last year

based on my experience in the Ps3 and Ps4 I am fine with getting a generation 1 product from Sony

Pre-ordered from Walmart and realized I will actually get this before Cyberpunk 2077 as I also ordered from Walmart
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11697 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: No. There will be absolutely zero backlash. All this does is help create panic hype for the item.
Are you telling me that the Twitters and Social Media sites and forums are not lighting up with angry pissed-off people at Sony for missing out because of releasing the PS5 pre-orders unexpectedly early? Face With Tears Of Joy
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2757 posts
433 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Well of course it does. Could your hypothetical retail location draw in as many customers with a cheap PS4, as opposed to a cheap PS5 that might not be in stock and you will have less in number and a lower profit margin to boot?
Even if you have 10 PS5's to sell at you location, would your overall sales numbers and profits be better for that, or from selling 100+ PS4's? When the PS5's run out, how much does consumer goodwill cost, because that will be a lot of angry entitled people that will slag you all over Twitter and Facebook.
In other words, you can draw in as much people and profit selling the cheap stuff. Once people are in store and their lizard brains are in Buying Frenzy mode they tend to grab at other items, including those not on sale. Or you could have angry people storm out or cause a commotion in store because you didn't have enough PS5's. I know which of the two I would prefer.
If you're EB and if you want to earn more profit that what you can get from the sale of a console then you'll most likely bundle the PS5 with overpriced aftermarket accessories.

Also it's BF, everyone's pretty much angry when they fight with other people on 1-2 Sony OLED TV per store (if we're trying to exaggerate here).

Anyway the point is people are hoping that retailers will get more stock as time goes on which they should (they could? they might?), the timeline could be tomorrow or next week or next month, who knows. BF is always said because you have a date where the chances of retailers having stock during that day will be far better than some random dates and BF is a date that people know so they are ready to check a few days before that. Of course some retailers do announce when (even if it's not BF) or if they are getting any stock coming in prior to putting it online. But again, at least with BF they could at least check it when BF deals are coming in.

Would retailers put out stock during BF, who knows. I'm not trying to convince you that they are. All Im trying to say is what I said above.^^

Thread Information

There are currently 20 users viewing this thread. (15 members and 5 guests)

torontokris, hairyco, TerryF84962, Ne0Gamma, Kiriller, DragonGuardian, th0rbahn, TheDJohnnyBlaze, FireSlash, manu117, ketcry, danialwynne, mrtvgame, ryokinshin, ActuallyHamza