Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 1:58 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1765 posts
291 upvotes
Pluto
So did everyone else who order from Walmart get the back order email?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11697 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
Dmbpjfan wrote: So nobody in this thread worried about issues with the first version?
I am...but what's strange is that none of the pre-orders online offered at checkout any extended warranty. Strange eh?

Fingers crossed that the hardware failure rate of some dispatched PS5 units (Disc based or Digital) is very minimal.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3121 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
iced~metal wrote: Everone else's walmart order show ETA nov 19?
Mine shows
Estimated date of arrival
Nov 13, 2020
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3834 posts
3591 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Scorpionsy wrote: Yeah...makes sense that it's only a Pre-Authorization. People would be upset about it....even EB Games is using a shady tactic of asking people to pay $100 upfront to pre-order it, I read here.

I think that at the Store it should be only a Pre-Authorization but the person thinks his Card is automatically debited the full amount. Pre-Authorized is just a hold, so it won't show up on a Credit Card statement until that Pre-Authorization is pushed through by the store that made the Pre-Authorization hold.
Having to put deposits on preorders is hardly "shady".

The full amount at the Source, yes I agree, but there's nothing weird about wanting a deposit on a $600 product that's fully refundable if you don't end up buying the item.
Jul 24, 2018
254 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
iced~metal wrote: Everone else's walmart order show ETA nov 19?
if you choose free shipping without prime u may get a week later. u should pay $4 for shipping or get prime
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1765 posts
291 upvotes
Pluto
SeyitA35523 wrote: if you choose free shipping without prime u may get a week later. u should pay $4 for shipping or get prime
Walmart Prime?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3121 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
SeyitA35523 wrote: if you choose free shipping without prime u may get a week later. u should pay $4 for shipping or get prime
lol Walmart has prime now?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2756 posts
433 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: I am...but what's strange is that none of the pre-orders online offered at checkout any extended warranty. Strange eh?

Fingers crossed that the hardware failure rate of some dispatched PS5 units (Disc based or Digital) is very minimal.
I guess they put it out really fast that they forgot to put in the extended warranty lol.

I wonder if you can get the extended warranty after you received the item.
Jul 10, 2019
206 posts
220 upvotes
xtcnrice wrote: Not discrediting your past experiences with scammers/scalpers/etc., obviously that isn't right either in my book. But does it make it a fair enough reason to essentially get on their level? You're essentially a reseller/scalper.

To say "it's rich fools who paying, not you" is ignorant, and you're actually contradicting yourself based on your past experiences. Are you saying you were/are a rich fool since you got scammed or paid a scalper for something? How about folks in the middle- or lower-middle class who genuinely want to game but can only afford to at MSRP, but now they can't because you raised the price by reselling? A few bucks means something to most people, especially those on this very board lol.
If the console meant that much to people, there was a 7 hr window, and even more today to pre order.

If you made a choice to roll rhe dice, and it works out, no harm. If you cant find one and are desoerate, there will be some at an elevated price.

Look, this is a toy. If people want to spend even retail on it, the money can't hurt them.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3883 posts
1698 upvotes
BC
Scorpionsy wrote: Are you telling me that the Twitters and Social Media sites and forums are not lighting up with angry pissed-off people at Sony for missing out because of releasing the PS5 pre-orders unexpectedly early? Face With Tears Of Joy
Oh the butt hurt is real, sure. I'm saying that all that does is add to the desperation hype.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2756 posts
433 upvotes
Amazon has the following shipping options:
FREE Standard Shipping
FREE Express Shipping (averages 2 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping (CDN$ 3.99 Priority Shipping)
FREE Same-Day/One-Day Shipping

I have mine at Express shipping, I tried to switch it to Same-Day/One-Day Shipping but it gave an error.
Jul 24, 2018
254 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
you will able to get it in store on 13 October. no need to rush. trust me.
sony is not stupid. cause if people can't find in store they may go with xbox series.

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (10 members and 3 guests)

ProperMike, Dealmockk, mromar33, punchy712, NotEnoughMinerals, ColeD76687, TheDJohnnyBlaze, KooJo, C-Bacon, Pockykuma