Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 2:49 am
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1644 posts
1091 upvotes
Aero wrote: Seems like it.
wow nice, good thing I went from Xbox x - > Ps 5
Member
Jul 24, 2018
261 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
CruelDabest1 wrote: limited quantity vs corona virus
that's ur opinion but not will be like that. even after 2 weeks in bf, u may find it with free game even.
like i said if i can't find ps5, i would go with xbox. they release the consoles in same day every year for competition.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
xtcnrice wrote: Not discrediting your past experiences with scammers/scalpers/etc., obviously that isn't right either in my book. But does it make it a fair enough reason to essentially get on their level? You're essentially a reseller/scalper.

To say "it's rich fools who paying, not you" is ignorant, and you're actually contradicting yourself based on your past experiences. Are you saying you were/are a rich fool since you got scammed or paid a scalper for something? How about folks in the middle- or lower-middle class who genuinely want to game but can only afford to at MSRP, but now they can't because you raised the price by reselling? A few bucks means something to most people, especially those on this very board lol.
I see and agree with your point of view on reselling/scalping....but it's been age-old since the beginning...since Trading ever existing.

People will take advantage of what is in demand (which is fair if done in reason...but not hoarding) and sell at a higher...sometimes unrealistically higher price than what it's worth. It's called supply and demand. These people who Scalp/Resell (even the greedy hoarder ones will always make money...because there are always people willing to Buy (Demand) at such higher prices.

This can be looked at with our Housing market in Toronto....it's just insane...and unrealistic the prices of owning a house or a condo here. So all the Homeowners and Real Estate Agents/Brokers are basically Scalpers/Resellers too making as much money as they can and raising the housing market that way unrealistically...Why? Because there are many people out there in that FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) mentality and WILLING to pay whatever high prices are asked by the Sellers.

So the Real Estate industry in my opinion is the worst Scalping/Offender out there too. Shouldn't they be shamed and stopped too? But you can't...because again...Supply and Demand is what drives the prices/market. Low Supply...will always have Higher Demand...and that gives the power to the Sellers.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Sep 17th, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1858 posts
537 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: I see and agree with your point of view on reselling/scalping....but it's been age-old since the beginning Trading ever existing.

People will take advantage of what is in demand (which is fair if done in reason...but not hoarding) and sell at a higher...sometimes unrealistically highter price than what it's worth. It's called supply and demand. These people who Scalp/Resell (even the greedy hoarder ones will always make money...because there are always people willing to Buy (Demand) at such higher prices.

This can be looked at with our Housing market in Toronto....it's just insane...and unrealistic the prices of owning a house or a condo here. So all the Homeowners and Real Estate Agents/Brokers are basically Scalpers/Resellers too making as much money as they can and raising the housing market that way unrealistically...Why? Because there are many people out there in that FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) mentality and WILLING to pay whatever high prices are asked by the Sellers.

So the Real Estate industry in my opinion is the worst Scalping/Offender out there too. Shouldn't they be shamed and stopped too? But you can't...because again...Supply and Demand is what drives the prices/market. Low Supply...will always have Higher Demand...and that gives the power to the Sellers.
Problem here is government gets a kickback when housing market is inflated. More taxes to them. Private sales they don’t get a hand in (except used cars).
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
tosstestter wrote: I called an hour ago and the person told me it cannot be cancelled. Said it can only be cancelled within 30 minutes of placing the order and that I should've read the terms and conditions before placing an order.

I'll try again though
Just offer the purchase to someone who really wants to buy the Console and get your money back without gouging them. You'd make the buyer very happy and do a good deed which may come back to you one day too.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13946 posts
4424 upvotes
Toronto
ilovevideogames wrote: Ditto. Greed is king it seems. So sad. Just consider the next family trying to score a little pathetic fun with an overpriced console this holiday. Seriously :(
If it's anything like most past console launches, resellers are gonna make 50 bucks per unit at most, It's not worth it.
Newbie
Aug 21, 2014
23 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
SeyitA35523 wrote: that's ur opinion but not will be like that. even after 2 weeks in bf, u may find it with free game even.
like i said if i can't find ps5, i would go with xbox. they release the consoles in same day every year for competition.
uh, sony doesn't release a playstation every year. And these releases have been known to be notoriously hard to get for the past 20 years.... it's only gonna be 10x worse this year with bots, the resell mentality and covid-19. Lets hope the xbox isn't this bad (lowkey i like this type of stuff, i hope its even worse it adds to the fun)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6566 posts
2426 upvotes
Montreal
SeyitA35523 wrote: that's ur opinion but not will be like that. even after 2 weeks in bf, u may find it with free game even.
like i said if i can't find ps5, i would go with xbox. they release the consoles in same day every year for competition.
Wait. You are seriously thinking they'll have some kind of BF deal 2 weeks after release, when stock will be low world wide?
Jr. Member
Feb 26, 2018
117 posts
230 upvotes
SeyitA35523 wrote: that's ur opinion but not will be like that. even after 2 weeks in bf, u may find it with free game even.
like i said if i can't find ps5, i would go with xbox. they release the consoles in same day every year for competition.
LOL
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 14, 2005
1673 posts
90 upvotes
iced~metal wrote: Everone else's walmart order show ETA nov 19?
I just ordered one from walmart (way late in the game) and got Nov 18th as an estimated date of arrival.
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2015
116 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jcon wrote: Mine shows September 23rd but I'm not optimistic. Winking Face
u definitely shouldnt be optimistic about getting the console almost 2 months early lol
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: Having to put deposits on preorders is hardly "shady".

The full amount at the Source, yes I agree, but there's nothing weird about wanting a deposit on a $600 product that's fully refundable if you don't end up buying the item.
Fair enough....but none of the other retailers did that $100 deposit...and that's why I said it was shady. Also, this is EB Games...they might not be around by next year....and they have a crappy reputation both internally from staff and how they are seen by the Stock Market. This is a company (at least the parent company GameStop) that has shady practices from before....but don't take my word for it...do your research online.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

zubrievans, ryokinshin