Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 1:07 am
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4510 posts
1635 upvotes
Ajax
mork wrote: Walmart has been sprinkling stock in (or having inventory issues?). I was just able to complete an order for the console and got an order confirmation email.

I was able to take another order right through to the final checkout phase to test it out again so there's still one up for grabs there.
I would be very skeptical of random re-stocks with WM. This happened a lot with the SNES Classic and 8/10 times they ended up canceling the order. However, if you got in on the initial batch last night, you are good to go.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11612 posts
2636 upvotes
Toronto
Aero wrote: I guess they put it out really fast that they forgot to put in the extended warranty lol.

I wonder if you can get the extended warranty after you received the item.
I am wondering also the same ...if that is possible.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11612 posts
2636 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: Oh the butt hurt is real, sure. I'm saying that all that does is add to the desperation hype.
Yeah...any negative news does tend to fuel the hype in many cases. True
Dec 14, 2015
59 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tbh, i definitely wish they all enforced at least a $100 non-refundable deposit..
serious buyers wouldnt mind it and also discourage scalpers...
Mar 21, 2016
137 posts
32 upvotes
Yvr
thehockeyguy wrote: I heard ebgames stores only get or allow 10-20 preorders.
That sounds about right, and makes me wonder how Walmart can fulfill all these pre order.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4190 posts
991 upvotes
Hamilton
Scorpionsy wrote: Fair enough....but none of the other retailers did that $100 deposit...and that's why I said it was shady. Also, this is EB Games...they might not be around by next year....and they have a crappy reputation both internally from staff and how they are seen by the Stock Market. This is a company (at least the parent company GameStop) that has shady practices from before....but don't take my word for it...do your research online.
That is why your cc protects you.
No product, you get your money back in the end.
Nov 23, 2015
80 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Was able to order the disc version from Walmart by constantly refreshing while in cart.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11612 posts
2636 upvotes
Toronto
Dunderhead wrote: Many credit cards will double your warranty. Check your benefits pamphlet.
My card does cover an extended warranty if purchased by it...yeah. But if you wanted even more warranty...they gave no choice at the online pre-orders.

Were people who got in-store pre-orders offered any kind of extended warranty so far?
Mar 3, 2013
51 posts
14 upvotes
Spurs10 wrote: That sounds about right, and makes me wonder how Walmart can fulfill all these pre order.
Traditionally, EBGames gets a very low allocation relative to Walmart, who gets the largest allocation of any retailer. In past launches, EBGames was a risky bet whereas Walmart was fairly bulletproof. Walmart was excellent at PS4 launch for example, and my online Walmart PS4 order arrived on launch day.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4510 posts
1635 upvotes
Ajax
SojuSoldier89 wrote: tbh, i definitely wish they all enforced at least a $100 non-refundable deposit..
serious buyers wouldnt mind it and also discourage scalpers...
It might deter amatuer scalpers, but seasoned scalpers have no issue with deposits.

I always scalp a few to subsidize my own but I am not that guy charging $200+ profit. Quick sales $80-$100 profit is fine by me.
Dec 1, 2006
929 posts
77 upvotes
London, ON
bosdober wrote: Traditionally, EBGames gets a very low allocation relative to Walmart, who gets the largest allocation of any retailer. In past launches, EBGames was a risky bet whereas Walmart was fairly bulletproof. Walmart was excellent at PS4 launch for example, and my online Walmart PS4 order arrived on launch day.
Most likely buying power

Do you remember if there was console to buy on launch? Without preorder?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4510 posts
1635 upvotes
Ajax
Scorpionsy wrote: My card does cover an extended warranty if purchased by it...yeah. But if you wanted even more warranty...they gave no choice at the online pre-orders.

Were people who got in-store pre-orders offered any kind of extended warranty so far?
I think Sony will offer their own extended warranty as well. Most places that offer them allow you to purchase one within 30 days of the sale.
Mar 3, 2013
51 posts
14 upvotes
christonian wrote: Most likely buying power

Do you remember if there was console to buy on launch? Without preorder?
Yes, there were, but I think it was based on geography. I was in Ottawa and my memory is that the PS4 was effectively sold out in the city on launch day - consoles were available, but those sold out on launch day. But in smaller centres my memory is that you could get them off of shelves more easily. A friend in Newfoundland got his in store on launch day without lining up or anything like that.

That said it's a different time with COVID, so I wouldn't count on it this time.
Dec 14, 2015
59 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrtvgame wrote: It might deter amatuer scalpers, but seasoned scalpers have no issue with deposits.

I always scalp a few to subsidize my own but I am not that guy charging $200+ profit. Quick sales $80-$100 profit is fine by me.
which is fine, one less scalper means at least one more console available for serious buyers.
right now you have ppl here bragging about ordering 5-6 for reselling and how they can just cancel if anything.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

ahsalloum, Spurs10, FunkyC, TypeVR6