Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 12:45 am
Nov 16, 2015
146 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
molombian wrote: How is this a deal? Also why are so many people foaming over this when you sheep know very well there will be stock a couple of months after the fact. Also, you all know sony will release versions of this in other colors, with higher hard drive space etc. Go ahead and buy to resell or to play first you sheep bah bah bah
Yawn.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 10, 2014
68 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Azmosis30 wrote: Well believe what you want

But it’s a hold

It will disappear in a few days
Well considering I preordered in person, they took my payment, it shows up on my credit card, and I asked them if it is a hold, or a payment and the clerk told me that for preorders you pay right away. I’m inclined to believe them over you.

The source online document that was referred to that says you will only be charged when it’s shipped is for online ordering only, and not for preorders.

We will see in a couple days I guess.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1765 posts
291 upvotes
Pluto
molombian wrote: How is this a deal? Also why are so many people foaming over this when you sheep know very well there will be stock a couple of months after the fact. Also, you all know sony will release versions of this in other colors, with higher hard drive space etc. Go ahead and buy to resell or to play first you sheep bah bah bah
Covid gonna ravage China again, factories may shut down. Have fun playing your ps5 when you get it in 2025 once production starts up again.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11703 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
mathewvc wrote: Problem here is government gets a kickback when housing market is inflated. More taxes to them. Private sales they don’t get a hand in (except used cars).
That's why there should be laws preventing Politicians/Parties and Gov. from making any kind of profit in a way that allows the market to push out people who just want a home to live in...for people who are greedy and in it to make a profit by reselling properties they don't even plan on living in. But what can I say...corruption is always bought by money.

This is a major problem and if it continues...I think people will start abandoning Toronto at some point like the Mass Exodus happening in California and San Francisco (not counting the Wild fires there too)...because it's just unaffordable to live there anymore for most people.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Nov 11, 2015
115 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Lifesaver69 wrote: Was able to order the disc version from Walmart by constantly refreshing while in cart.
for one fleeting second i saw the pre order button on best buy but was out of stock by the time it got to my cart. I stupidly removed it

How did you get it to the cart on Walmart?
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4859 posts
1835 upvotes
Ajax
Guess it is deal if you wanted one.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2224 posts
2965 upvotes
Windsor
Kurtz7834 wrote: If it's anything like most past console launches, resellers are gonna make 50 bucks per unit at most, It's not worth it.
Seriously? I was late to the party and still made $100ish profit per console back in December 2013.
Heck even when I got back to Windsor in 2014 I managed to sell the last one sitting at my friend's house for $550.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6550 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
Lifesaver69 wrote: Why would you want it 6 months earlier when you could have it in Blue instead !?!
/s
Dude, I'll wait a year so I can have the console bundled with a free game BRUH
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4590 posts
1573 upvotes
molombian wrote: Yeah, you're scum. Just to make a quick buck.
What quick buck? You just said that there was going to be lots available, so obviously, there will be no scalping.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Dec 1, 2006
937 posts
81 upvotes
London, ON
bosdober wrote: Yes, there were, but I think it was based on geography. I was in Ottawa and my memory is that the PS4 was effectively sold out in the city on launch day - consoles were available, but those sold out on launch day. But in smaller centres my memory is that you could get them off of shelves more easily. A friend in Newfoundland got his in store on launch day without lining up or anything like that.

That said it's a different time with COVID, so I wouldn't count on it this time.
That’s what I was thinking
Nov 7, 2013
186 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
gldentiger wrote: molombian wrote: ↑
How is this a deal? Also why are so many people foaming over this when you sheep know very well there will be stock a couple of months after the fact. Also, you all know sony will release versions of this in other colors, with higher hard drive space etc. Go ahead and buy to resell or to play first you sheep bah bah bah

Yawn.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
He's crying inside...its okay buddy
Last edited by TheCraZyCloWn on Sep 17th, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 2 guests)

UN7RUTH, Conch, fifi75, KooJo, Djillusionz, Deals Deals Deals