Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 9:01 pm
Oct 16, 2007
502 posts
134 upvotes
molombian wrote: How is this a deal? Also why are so many people foaming over this when you sheep know very well there will be stock a couple of months after the fact. Also, you all know sony will release versions of this in other colors, with higher hard drive space etc. Go ahead and buy to resell or to play first you sheep bah bah bah
Wow, you seem fun. Calling people sheep for preordering a console? Lol. Sound like a jealous lil twit
Mar 3, 2013
47 posts
13 upvotes
Closing in on 2000 posts in less than 12 hours - not hot though! :rolleyes:
Aug 1, 2010
940 posts
614 upvotes
So many salty people in this thread wishing they pre-ordered/could afford a next gen console
Last edited by colavs19 on Sep 17th, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2014
13 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
molombian wrote: How is this a deal? Also why are so many people foaming over this when you sheep know very well there will be stock a couple of months after the fact. Also, you all know sony will release versions of this in other colors, with higher hard drive space etc. Go ahead and buy to resell or to play first you sheep bah bah bah
it's people like you why i preorder, it only validates my purchase more
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3773 posts
1528 upvotes
BC
molombian wrote: Yeah, you're scum. Just to make a quick buck.
I'd guess you have some character flaws yourself since you are so quick to apply harsh judgment to someone you don't know a thing about.
Just sayin.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11606 posts
2630 upvotes
Toronto
SojuSoldier89 wrote: tbh, i definitely wish they all enforced at least a $100 non-refundable deposit..
serious buyers wouldnt mind it and also discourage scalpers...
That's actually a good idea if done across the board for that reason. But still, I don't think it will stop most of the scalpers from jumping on...since it is a refundable amount.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Dec 1, 2006
927 posts
76 upvotes
London, ON
Madevilz wrote: Dude, I'll wait a year so I can have the console bundled with a free game BRUH
You will get this day one if you get PlayStation plus Here’s a list of the games included as part of the PlayStation Plus Collection in today’s trailer:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit
Fallout 4
God of War (2018)
Infamous: Second Son
The Last Guardian
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Ratchet & Clank (2016)
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Until Dawn
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1122 posts
1093 upvotes
West GTA
Purgatory wrote: Covid gonna ravage China again, factories may shut down. Have fun playing your ps5 when you get it in 2025 once production starts up again.
2023 is the sweet spot for value - you get the slim version, all the kinks worked out, a library of great titles, updated software, cheap games, probably cheaper console. Launch day are beta testers, and after the first flush of mostly-weak games with a couple winners, you usually wait until the second holiday following to really get the flood of made-from-scratch titles that aren't cross gen. Wait a year after that into 2023, and you'll be set.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3629 posts
3227 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Scorpionsy wrote: Fair enough....but none of the other retailers did that $100 deposit...and that's why I said it was shady. Also, this is EB Games...they might not be around by next year....and they have a crappy reputation both internally from staff and how they are seen by the Stock Market. This is a company (at least the parent company GameStop) that has shady practices from before....but don't take my word for it...do your research online.
Is anybody else but The Source even doing in-store preorders? Best Buy is online-only, Amazon is online-only (obviously), I'm pretty sure Walmart is online-only.

And this doesn't have anything to do with "next year", this for launch. Not to mention (and I don't know how many times I have to repeat this in countless threads) that if EB and GS were going under or filing for bankruptcy any time soon we would know.

Deposits on preorders is nothing new anywhere. I paid a $50 deposit on my AC: New Horizons Switch. They used to require a $5 deposit on games. Pretty sure in-store Best Buy used to (and might still? Haven't done it in years) require a $10 deposit on games.

It's simply to create a stronger guarantee that you'll actually come back and buy it.
Jun 4, 2016
214 posts
57 upvotes
Feegus wrote: I'd guess you have some character flaws yourself since you are so quick to apply harsh judgment to someone you don't know a thing about.
Just sayin.
Yeah at least I'm not trying to buy up consoles to capitalize on others. Go and launch a legitimate business if you really wanna make money, oh that's right you wouldn't have a clue about that but taking the easy way and being a scum scalper.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11606 posts
2630 upvotes
Toronto
sidshock wrote: That is why your cc protects you.
No product, you get your money back in the end.
GameStop in the U.S. has ripped of people who paid for stuff and never got what they paid for...and it may very well happen again if they close shop completely and file for bankruptcy.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3193 posts
2966 upvotes
Mordor
grumble wrote: 2023 is the sweet spot for value - you get the slim version, all the kinks worked out, a library of great titles, updated software, cheap games, probably cheaper console. Launch day are beta testers, and after the first flush of mostly-weak games with a couple winners, you usually wait until the second holiday following to really get the flood of made-from-scratch titles that aren't cross gen. Wait a year after that into 2023, and you'll be set.
pre-orders = true gamers or people that need the latest and greatest, flippers
Nov 10, 2013
42 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
SeyitA35523 wrote: that's ur opinion but not will be like that. even after 2 weeks in bf, u may find it with free game even.
like i said if i can't find ps5, i would go with xbox. they release the consoles in same day every year for competition.
There's not going to be a bundle with a free game 2 weeks later, so take that thought and toss it. There won't even be consoles in stock for BF
Jun 4, 2016
214 posts
57 upvotes
grumble wrote: 2023 is the sweet spot for value - you get the slim version, all the kinks worked out, a library of great titles, updated software, cheap games, probably cheaper console. Launch day are beta testers, and after the first flush of mostly-weak games with a couple winners, you usually wait until the second holiday following to really get the flood of made-from-scratch titles that aren't cross gen. Wait a year after that into 2023, and you'll be set.
Yes and it will be easier to wait because all the Ps4 games are backwards compatible. They aren't gonna make any good exclusives until holiday 2021. But of course these sheep don't get that
Nov 10, 2013
42 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
Hardaway102 wrote: Think Shoppers is the best bet on launch with no preorders.
Shoppers did pre orders last night

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 2 guests)

arthurcurry, bryan2k5, AdamB72, osc, Gary320, kuokai, JonoG5