Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 10:48 am
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4837 posts
1825 upvotes
Ajax
halcyon wrote: They'd be lucky to get $100.

I cant see people making more than $40. If you sell for more, people would just get the $630 box which i doubt will be completely sold out. The launch line up is nonexistent so the question is, why rush (unless your looking to get it as a xmas gift)
Sorry to inform you but I have never made less than $80 on a re-sale. Biggest profits were definitely back on 360 and PS3 although it depends where you are located and what service you are using to re-sell. And yes it is worth the time to sell of 4-5 consoles within 72 hrs to pretty much pay for your own. All perspective.
Jul 10, 2019
206 posts
220 upvotes
halcyon wrote: They'd be lucky to get $100.

I cant see people making more than $40. If you sell for more, people would just get the $630 box which i doubt will be completely sold out. The launch line up is nonexistent so the question is, why rush (unless your looking to get it as a xmas gift)
The beauty of it is, no risk. If there is no resell market, I cancel my order.

I orderd one of each, in case there's an issue.

I'm pretty confident I'll make $200 on one unit.
Last edited by Str8Grumpz on Sep 17th, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4837 posts
1825 upvotes
Ajax
TaraNoodle wrote: Stayed up most of the night refreshing, thought we were out of luck but ended up snagging one in person at The Source this am :)
Location and how many did they have?
Jul 21, 2013
50 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I actually see quite a few up on Ebay for around $1000-$1200 for the disc version. Ebay does have fees around the 10% mark, but that would still be anywhere around $200-400 in profit.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4520 posts
2473 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
jcon wrote: An hour ago or so, I was able to get a full console from Walmart by refreshing the website for several hours.

To help others wading through the pages, has anyone else had success refreshing and getting one over the past couple of hours? Where did you get it?
Got one with Disk at Walmart 45 minutes ago.

Just refreshing the page often
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3123 posts
997 upvotes
Montreal
covid era the demands are higher I didn't feel as much hate when it came to the Nintendo Switch ... haters needs to chill lol
Jul 28, 2007
749 posts
1184 upvotes
Calgary
bosdober wrote: I've seen a few people say they're going to wait and get it cheaper. I'd urge caution, and maybe a look at the price history of the PS4, to anyone who thinks they can wait a year (or two) and get the PS5 cheaper. I bet most of the people taking that approach don't realize the price of the PS4 went UP 3 months after launch, and the first price drop (2 years after launch) didn't even bring it back to launch price!
The PS4 went up due to the weakening Canadian dollar. Not a great example.

More relevant is the fact that the PS4 was very difficult to find in Canada through January. So if you can somehow get a preorder, it is wise to do so.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4837 posts
1825 upvotes
Ajax
molombian wrote: The price of the PS4 was lower at the start then this. There is no way this is going to go even higher at already $700 after taxes. Especially after a pandemic, it's common sense. I got my PS4 a year after launch for $200. Wal Mart price error that many took advantage of here, so there is no caution. Good things happen for those who wait.
Nah that's like saying my retirement plan is to win the lottery. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2614 posts
2798 upvotes
GTA
Dunderhead wrote: The PS4 went up due to the weakening Canadian dollar. Not a great example.

More relevant is the fact that the PS4 was very difficult to find in Canada through January. So if you can somehow get a preorder, it is wise to do so.
Agreed. Anyone that tries to convince you otherwise isn't looking at the full picture or is potentially a reseller trying to keep you complacent. Get it now.
c'mon get happy!
May 19, 2019
19 posts
11 upvotes
I've been trying to get it to add to cart for the last hour on Walmart Canada. Any other things I can try or other websites?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11697 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
JonDuke19 wrote: I actually dig and she commited suicide. The husband was the scammer and she ended up leaving him. She met another scumbag and fell into heroin. When she finally got clean, she commited suicide. There's a post by her own son on Reddit. I think she was taken advantage of herself (and her husband is a coward for sending her instead of going himself).
She didn't seem so innocent when she was smirking in court...but nonetheless...It's sad to see anyone lose their life...whether they take it or not.

I hope her husband and other partner do pay or are already paying for any atrocities they committed to anyone who was their victim.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Jun 7, 2018
149 posts
150 upvotes
Some pre-order just to enjoy playing video games, some pre-order for resale value at the beginning, some wait for price drop, but you don't have to convince others (to convince yourself) for justifying why you pre-ordered or not. There is value either way, there is no right or wrong. Chill guys. Let's just keep the discuss on this forum about where to get pre-orders when it's available. For those who are not pre-ordering, who need your opinion telling others why you don't pre-order.
Last edited by KennethW84812 on Sep 17th, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4837 posts
1825 upvotes
Ajax
azimmavz wrote: I've been trying to get it to add to cart for the last hour on Walmart Canada. Any other things I can try or other websites?
Ebay? Sarcasm
Apr 5, 2010
348 posts
186 upvotes
For those of you that remember what the Nintendo Switch first year was like, it was hard to get after launch. Retailers had limited stock on BF, so most of them came up with their own bundles (console, games, controllers, etc), as retailers don't make much money from the sale of the console itself. I expect the same scenario with the PS5.

Also, I've followed up with my local EB games, and even though the console trade-in event is still on, they said their system will not let you do this anymore as they don't have any more PS5 pre-order stock. They said they will likely get more at launch, and that there may be another trade-in promo then, but nothing confirmed.
Last edited by DerekK912 on Sep 17th, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3883 posts
1698 upvotes
BC
I'm addicted to the chase and I find this whole process really fun.
Anyone else?

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 3 guests)

MobiusZX, Hidrosmen, H2O, mymuro, Masernaut, kuokai, GNKRFD, akhohd, 2009M5