Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 3:35 am
Member
Aug 24, 2016
335 posts
157 upvotes
So walmart only had the two controller bundle in stock?

I passed up on that so I don't have to deal trying to sell the conteollee individually. I do have an order with SDM but have zero hope with them.
Jr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
165 posts
110 upvotes
Broskah wrote: So walmart only had the two controller bundle in stock?

I passed up on that so I don't have to deal trying to sell the conteollee individually. I do have an order with SDM but have zero hope with them.
Correct, two controller bundle. Saves having one on a charge while using the other if you don't want to sit with a 10' long charging cable.

Also with Sony's controller history is travelling sticks, a second controller is a must lol.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1487 posts
815 upvotes
Here i was refreshing on the normal WM PS5 and meanwhile they were putting in stock the console bundle
why didnt they mention that??
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1011 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
game_fanatic wrote: Just watched a trailer for Demons Souls, looks sick! I’ve heard it was a notoriously difficult game, does anyone know if there was an ‘easy’ mode on the original? I’m a coward and don’t want to spend 50% of the time staring at the ‘you died’ screen
I'm actually playing the PS3 version right now. Magic is OP and easy mode, you can literally just kill a boss from afar without getting close to getting hit
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2338 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto
My EB games cart just updated. Do not leave the page guys
Jr. Member
Nov 20, 2017
165 posts
110 upvotes
torontokris wrote: Here i was refreshing on the normal WM PS5 and meanwhile they were putting in stock the console bundle
why didnt they mention that??
To throw off the scalpers/bots maybe?
Newbie
Sep 29, 2018
21 posts
11 upvotes
seafish wrote: Store pickup orders are just shipped to the store and often times slower than if it was home delivery.
perhaps. we'll see when we get there. Just glad i got one. I was in line at ebgames and the dude was giving tickets to people in line asking to come back throughout the day cuz he does not know when he will have them available.
Member
Mar 31, 2004
248 posts
40 upvotes
Milton
I would have been nice to actually know from Walmart what time exactly the pre-order was happening and which console specifically.
Newbie
Sep 16, 2020
31 posts
28 upvotes
drumhead wrote: I would have been nice to actually know from Walmart what time exactly the pre-order was happening and which console specifically.
Its all about building the hype
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
11984 posts
137951 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Uh, my checkout was total crap. Apparently, got some Xbox Series X stuck on there from all the errors checking out the last time. :(

Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2338 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto
lbckhmerinc wrote: Eb says to be patient we are in que to process checkout.
Cool - still have it in my cart so hopefully that means it is reserved to us.. getting pushed back to the GameStop 'waiting lobby'
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 2, 2015
34 posts
12 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I was able to pre-order the PS5 bundle from Walmart but for some odd reason it was placed under my brother's name and credit card (he had been using my account to make purchases). I called Walmart to ask them if they could change it to my name and credit card and they said they cannot do that. The problem is that my brother is about to cancel that credit card. Does anyone know what happens on the day of shipment if the credit card does not exist anymore? Will they cancel my pre-order or request another payment method?
Member
Jul 2, 2015
214 posts
216 upvotes
Dartmouth
Managed to get it to my cart on ebgames. Spent over 20 min trying to check out. Then it went out of stock.
Newbie
Apr 20, 2015
44 posts
23 upvotes
Montr
electronicube wrote: I was able to pre-order the PS5 bundle from Walmart but for some odd reason it was placed under my brother's name and credit card (he had been using my account to make purchases). I called Walmart to ask them if they could change it to my name and credit card and they said they cannot do that. The problem is that my brother is about to cancel that credit card. Does anyone know what happens on the day of shipment if the credit card does not exist anymore? Will they cancel my pre-order or request another payment method?
Just tell him not to cancel yet... You pay for any fees.... Givve him the money up front.
Newbie
Sep 29, 2018
21 posts
11 upvotes
electronicube wrote: I was able to pre-order the PS5 bundle from Walmart but for some odd reason it was placed under my brother's name and credit card (he had been using my account to make purchases). I called Walmart to ask them if they could change it to my name and credit card and they said they cannot do that. The problem is that my brother is about to cancel that credit card. Does anyone know what happens on the day of shipment if the credit card does not exist anymore? Will they cancel my pre-order or request another payment method?
If it is anything like amazon, then you will get an email stating they tried the credit card on file and didnt work and there will be a link to change your credit card info to process the payment.

Happened to me once with amazon
Member
Jul 2, 2015
214 posts
216 upvotes
Dartmouth
electronicube wrote: I was able to pre-order the PS5 bundle from Walmart but for some odd reason it was placed under my brother's name and credit card (he had been using my account to make purchases). I called Walmart to ask them if they could change it to my name and credit card and they said they cannot do that. The problem is that my brother is about to cancel that credit card. Does anyone know what happens on the day of shipment if the credit card does not exist anymore? Will they cancel my pre-order or request another payment method?

If it charged in full when you ordered it. Its paid for, when your brother cancels the card he still has a balance that you can pay off as normal.

If it tries to charge and there is no credit card active, you won't get it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Cryptopsy