Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 3:35 am
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2009
600 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
RIP I just got an order cancellation email from walmart for the console + extra controller bundle
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
532 posts
234 upvotes
Two orders placed on Walmart for the console + extra controller bundle and I got an order cancellation. Face With Tears Of Joy
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2007
308 posts
6 upvotes
Orillia
darylscool wrote: RIP I just got an order cancellation email from walmart for the console + extra controller bundle
I was able to order two of those bundles using the same payment info. I just received a cancellation email confirming the later of the two orders is cancelled. Ratatouille.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2006
1097 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
Just got cancelletion email too... this whole cancel shit is really getting annoying.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
georgep wrote: Tried to find this, but having trouble. Anyone know where Sony and Microsoft have confirmed 10-bit 4k 120Hz 4:4:4 for the new consoles?
You're right, I'm sorry, I misread an article that said the GPUs the consoles are based on support 4K, 10-bit @ 120Hz, so I assumed the consoles will too! I edited my previous post to clarify!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1066 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto, ON
2kfire wrote: You're right, I'm sorry, I misread an article that said the GPUs the consoles are based on support 4K, 10-bit @ 120Hz, so I assumed the consoles will too! I edited my previous post to clarify!
No worries, thanks. There is just such a dearth of real information out there.
Jr. Member
Feb 18, 2013
130 posts
63 upvotes
Mississauga
are they cancelling PS5 orders because you ordered more than 1? or they just cancelled the orders?
what about other shops? EB, amazon, shoppers, london drugs?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2006
1097 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
kenda75 wrote: are they cancelling PS5 orders because you ordered more than 1? or they just cancelled the orders?
what about other shops? EB, amazon, shoppers, london drugs?
I only had 1 bundle at walmart and got cancelled, i had 2 at BB and they cancelled both.
Newbie
Sep 20, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
Cryptopsy wrote: I only had 1 bundle at walmart and got cancelled, i had 2 at BB and they cancelled both.
What date did you preorder?
Sr. Member
Mar 23, 2010
531 posts
407 upvotes
One cancelled, one still in progress. Fingers crossed... kinda crappy to wait this long to cancel though, I stopped paying attention for restocks
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 19, 2016
18 posts
13 upvotes
I'm still good so far... i pre-ordered 2 minutes after they opened on Walmart.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2006
1097 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
bryan2k5 wrote: What date did you preorder?
Well BB only had it for 1 day so it was that date lol sorry dont remember and same for Walmart, it was when they did the bundle with extra controller.... last week i think?
Member
May 8, 2012
388 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
My day 1 walmart order got cancelled... not sure why they aren't cancelling the orders from last week first...
Newbie
Mar 17, 2009
50 posts
8 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: You are on the right track...the LG Nano has all the features I mentioned....but it's HDMI 2.1 was nerfed.

Proper HDMI 2.1 speed for 4K @120 Hz should be at 48Gbps...but LG downgraded theirs to 38-40Gbps. Not enough speed for that level of Next-Gen gaming in 4K @ 120Hz.

So you will regret it if you get it...when next year they fix it and release proper 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 in newer LG models.

Also don't get OLED TVs unless you plan to use it in dark rooms for movies and gaming...that is where the image pops.

If you have ample light and brightly / well lit rooms...OLED is not the right TV for that environment.

Also...OLEDs have Burn-In issues...so take note of that if it affects you or not.

Take my advice and wait.
isn't this nano NOT oled, it's some other technology...

And about 4k @ 120hz, I really don't think we are there yet with the ps5... most of the games are gonna be 120fps at 1080p or 1440p, and not full 4k. from what I'm reading online

I'm in no real rush, but I'm also running a 1080p tv that is 7 years ago... I do want an upgrade...

The more I read about x900h, the better I like it...

I saw both the x900h and the nano90 at best buy... playing the same 4K video... I couldn't tell the difference...

also regarding your comment in bright rooms... this is is gonna go in the family room with big windows to one side (though curtained up)
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2006
1097 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
XizorGetspeed wrote: isn't this nano NOT oled, it's some other technology...

And about 4k @ 120hz, I really don't think we are there yet with the ps5... most of the games are gonna be 120fps at 1080p or 1440p, and not full 4k. from what I'm reading online

I'm in no real rush, but I'm also running a 1080p tv that is 7 years ago... I do want an upgrade...

The more I read about x900h, the better I like it...

I saw both the x900h and the nano90 at best buy... playing the same 4K video... I couldn't tell the difference...

also regarding your comment in bright rooms... this is is gonna go in the family room with big windows to one side (though curtained up)
Yeah the x900h look REALLY interesting... but im really waiting on the firmware update to see how it will perform.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
kenda75 wrote: are they cancelling PS5 orders because you ordered more than 1? or they just cancelled the orders?
what about other shops? EB, amazon, shoppers, london drugs?
So far I have heard of cancellation from Walmart (which I did not get an order through because I can't login to their dang site since the day of the pre-order)...but I guess I dodged a bullet since seems more people are getting their Walmart order cancelled...which really sucks still.

Other stores you listed have not sent out any cancellation emails to my knowledge...I have not received any...and hopefully won't and neither will others.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2006
1097 posts
95 upvotes
Magog
Scorpionsy wrote: So far I have heard of cancellation from Walmart (which I did not get an order through because I can't login to their dang site since the day of the pre-order)...but I guess I dodged a bullet since seems more people are getting their Walmart order cancelled...which really sucks still.

Other stores you listed have not sent out any cancellation emails to my knowledge...I have not received any...and hopefully won't and neither will others.
You might want to go look at your order anyway, i only got 1 cancellation email for my BB orders, but both order were cancelled.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11778 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
XizorGetspeed wrote: isn't this nano NOT oled, it's some other technology...

And about 4k @ 120hz, I really don't think we are there yet with the ps5... most of the games are gonna be 120fps at 1080p or 1440p, and not full 4k. from what I'm reading online

I'm in no real rush, but I'm also running a 1080p tv that is 7 years ago... I do want an upgrade...

The more I read about x900h, the better I like it...

I saw both the x900h and the nano90 at best buy... playing the same 4K video... I couldn't tell the difference...

also regarding your comment in bright rooms... this is is gonna go in the family room with big windows to one side (though curtained up)
The LG Nano...is OLED. (*Edit: Correction...It's not OLED as the CX model is....Nano is Nanocell which is a FALD LED)

I am in the same boat...my current TV is the Flagship Samsung 7 Series Full HD 240Hz LCD TV ( that cost me $3000) and I got back in 2009.

It's an amazing TV...but I want to upgrade to 4K or 8K even...but did not jump on the 4K when it came out because when I upgrade I wanted to upgrade to something that would take advantage of the Next-Gen consoles...so I have been patient. We just need to wait a bit more.

I want to future proof my purchase...but one thing I will not do again (because the TV tech is advancing quicker now) is pay $3000 or anywhere close to that for a TV. My budget will be $1100 or below...and I will get the best bang for the buck.

I may go for a HiSense or TCL Mini-LED TV that will last me about 6-7 years...then I can upgrade again. That's a better investment then pumping a huge amount upfront to hope it lasts for a Decade which mine has lasted almost 11 years now...but I am changing my strategy.

Like I said in my above post...the Sony X900H is your best choice for a 2020 TV...in my opinion...for Next-Gen Console gaming. But why are you limiting yourself to that option only?

Wait a few more months till 2021 then make a choice if you must...again you will have more choices and features and price ranges to choose from.

If your room has a big window...it will be too bright for OLED...if the curtains are open for TV/Movie watching or Gaming. So again, OLED pops most in dimmer and darker rooms...if you plan to always have the curtains closed and not much source of light in the room (like maybe a little lamp in the corner or in total cinema-like darkness)...then sure OLED is great (but again watch out for Burn-in issues with OLED depending on your use of the TV and games/time you play). Otherwise, OLED should not be your top choice....go for Mini-LED or other options later on.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Oct 1st, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!

Top