Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 12:45 am
Aug 1, 2010
985 posts
636 upvotes
JOEBRONIE77 wrote: Yeah but Walmart was giving me a Nov 19 ship date which a full week after release.
Wouldn't trust those estimates
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3614 posts
4154 upvotes
Toronto
JOEBRONIE77 wrote: I see London Drugs has Spiderman:Miles Morales up for preorder at $64.99, while Ultimate Launch version is $89.99. I believe the Ultimate version comes with the original Spiderman game as well?
Ya ultimate will come with a remastered version of the original.
Aug 23, 2016
126 posts
195 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: Ya ultimate will come with a remastered version of the original.
It also comes with "All three DLC chapters in the Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps adventure"
Oct 19, 2005
850 posts
216 upvotes
Brampton
For those who was able to order from Amazon, does your order status show "Pending Delivery Date"?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18722 posts
5409 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: Was anyone actually able to trade in a PS4 towards the preorder of a PS5 at EBGames?
A guy who was at the EBGames here in Thunder Bay did just that with a Spider-Man version of a PS4 Pro. He was also the last person able to get a pre-order. One of my friends was in line waiting and I told him to go over to The Source and get one...which he did as the last of the pre-orders at EB Games had just been sold. He thought that was nice of me. But I have to give credit to another friend who steered me to The Source first thing this morning as I was going to go to EB Games first and would have lost out on getting one. Weird coincidences today...
Feb 26, 2012
27 posts
9 upvotes
HAMILTON
Loads of games available really cheap used for the PS4. I've found a lot of great games for $10 - $15 used.. and some older games for $20 new, and many of them were much more for the digital versions. I do buy digital versions, love that they load without disc swapping, but I also like physical copies of the best games. And should I ever sell, those can add some value. Just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4462 posts
1942 upvotes
Toronto
Based on the hype in this thread I’m starting to think the series x may be a dud like the original Xbox one.

I personally probably won’t get one since all the first party games will come out for pc/xcloud/game pass .
Maybe in a few years I might when better games are out. But damn does Microsoft typically have AWFUL first party games. Their best game in years is flight sim and that’s for pc.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2669 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
Pre ordered both disc and digital and will cancel
Whichever one I don’t need. I only have two disc games for PS4 (nhl 20 and the last of us 1) I am not sure if it’s worth the extra $130 as I don’t buy games that often , but I wouldn’t mind having the luxury of buying a disc game if need be. Just that $150 after tax seems like a bit much
Sep 29, 2015
37 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Still half expecting Walmart to e-mail me to say they messed up and oversold and my order in cancelled.

Can't believe Sony put zero effort into coordinating the pre-sales. Even threw people off saying they would start today rather than yesterday.
Sep 10, 2017
251 posts
178 upvotes
All this talk of cancelling orders and some of us are still trying to score our first pre-order. Oh, 2020, what won't you take from me?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1558 posts
363 upvotes
JOEBRONIE77 wrote: Yeah but Walmart was giving me a Nov 19 ship date which a full week after release.
My experience with Walmart game pre-orders is that I typically receive them days after release. I am on the West Coast and they were shipping from Ontario.
Nov 19, 2017
994 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: A guy who was at the EBGames here in Thunder Bay did just that with a Spider-Man version of a PS4 Pro. He was also the last person able to get a pre-order. One of my friends was in line waiting and I told him to go over to The Source and get one...which he did as the last of the pre-orders at EB Games had just been sold. He thought that was nice of me. But I have to give credit to another friend who steered me to The Source first thing this morning as I was going to go to EB Games first and would have lost out on getting one. Weird coincidences today...
That was a clown move on that guy considering that the Spiderman PS4 Pro goes for over $500 used.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3896 posts
1712 upvotes
BC
Squeeky wrote: My experience with Walmart game pre-orders is that I typically receive them days after release. I am on the West Coast and they were shipping from Ontario.
And for some reason Walmart orders take forever to make their way out West!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3644 posts
3701 upvotes
Ottawa
Moses23 wrote: Why are you guys crying, there is more incentive than last gen to upgrade since your entire library carries over. The quality of life improvements from PS4 are staggering too. Super fast load times, better res, better controller, better network cards, and yes there are lots to play even day 1.

Demons souls
Spiderman MM
Cyberpunk will be better on PS5
Immortal looks better than BOTW and releases in December.
Ratchet soon after.

Its akin to upgrading your pc at the very least.
I am upgrading with the intention of buying no games at launch. Besides CP2077, which I have a $50 PS4 preorder from a while ago. :)
Tampa Bay Lightning ⚡ 2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Dec 27, 2012
239 posts
329 upvotes
$710cad taxes in for ps5 physical edition is completely nuts considering it is $145cad more than the digital edition. those numbers don't add up. yes, i get that sony wants a fair price gap to entice people to adopt the digital model as it means more money in their pocket and higher margins on software since they can cut out the retailers... but throwing physical collectors under the bus like this is pretty sly of them. essentially, owners of the physical edition are subsidizing the digital edition for people. not to mention the poor communication with regards to the ps5 being a true next generation console a few months back... turns out there will be many ps4 ports (of what was once believed to be ps5 exclusives) in the years ahead, including spiderman, sackboy, horizon forbidden west and possibly even god of war. all this adds up and kills the hype for me. there really is no reason to adopt early, especially at the ludicrous price point sony is asking for and the possibility of higher than normal failure rates with the chip sets. even though sony debunked the story, it would not be unfathomable if the quality control was not up to snuff considering all the problems that have occured with the supply chain and rushed production this past year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

dcmanitopyes