Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 2:49 am
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11710 posts
2679 upvotes
Toronto
weekendwally wrote: I am in the same situation, thanks for bringing this up, I would have overlooked the 3D capability. Sorry I don't know the answer, but I am interested.
I already answered that yesterday.

But in short...probably yes...if not at launch, then at some point in one of the Firmware updates of the console.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1765 posts
291 upvotes
Pluto
Scorpionsy wrote: I've been away from RFD for several months...so maybe someone can enlighten me...

Is the "Ongoing Deals Discussions" section for deals that are active but not "Hot" anymore or what?

As far as I recall...most non-Hot deals were moved to "Expired Deals" or "Shopping" Discussions, no?

But if a deal was Hot...and still going on in one way or another...why would it be moved from it's original location in "Hot Deals"?

I ask...because if it was still "Ongoing" but not as hot a topic...it would automatically be pushed down the "Hot Deals" list anyway, right?

So why move it...if it's "Ongoing"?

Just curious.
Probably because what makes this a hot deal? It’s being sold at full price, and is basically sold out everywhere right now. Not that I am complaining, I preordered a ps5 already, but it’s not exactly a deal.
Mar 12, 2018
77 posts
33 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Got one on bestbuy.ca an hour or so ago.
Looks like cancellations are filtering back into the system.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1418 posts
730 upvotes
DougO wrote: I sold stuff on eBay for almost 20 years. Finally gave it up a couple years back. Too many hassles after awhile. I had 400 positives and no negatives. But these days, I can't even be bothered...
not to get OT but I was the same 200+ positive electronics sales then the "buyer claims item not as advertised" started, paypal holds your money and u basically forced to take it back even though the buyer used/broke it/swaped parts on their own fault. They basically hold u hostage to take it back. I said forget it. But try and get money back from a scam seller and good luck "sorry the account has been closed" only the honest people lose. but they are sure to take their 10% + 3% pp fee.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5310 posts
1185 upvotes
carnybaby wrote: Got one on bestbuy.ca an hour or so ago.
Digital or disc??
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1004 posts
2214 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone that did the PS4 trade in at EB towards the PS5 yesterday, did you get an edge bump up on the value as well? Or did you just get the value listed ($270 for the Pro and $235 for the Slim 1TB)?
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
carnybaby wrote: Got one on bestbuy.ca an hour or so ago.
Did you have it in your cart already? I've got one in a BB cart and another in a WM cart and have been refreshing all day.....
Last night it appeared that BB pulled the listing for both consoles but they were back up this morning and I've seen the 'preorder' button flash up again but wasn't fast enough......
Mar 12, 2018
77 posts
33 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
LeeB63085 wrote: Did you have it in your cart already? I've got one in a BB cart and another in a WM cart and have been refreshing all day.....
Last night it appeared that BB pulled the listing for both consoles but they were back up this morning and I've seen the 'preorder' button flash up again but wasn't fast enough......
I added it to cart this morning. It went oos right away. Refreshed regularly but not too much cos that caused an access denied error. Finally was able to move to enter card details. Froze again after i did my 2 step auth during payment.

Thought i lost it but it was under orders when i refreshed it.

It was the disk version. I got lots of ps4 discs and also my library loans ps4 games and will do ps5 too.

Now to sell one of my pros!
Aug 20, 2009
8007 posts
2936 upvotes
Grimsby
Scorpionsy wrote: I've been away from RFD for several months...so maybe someone can enlighten me...

Is the "Ongoing Deals Discussions" section for deals that are active but not "Hot" anymore or what?
As far as I recall...most non-Hot deals were moved to "Expired Deals" or "Shopping" Discussions, no?
But if a deal was Hot...and still going on in one way or another...why would it be moved from it's original location in "Hot Deals"?
I ask...because if it was still "Ongoing" but not as hot a topic...it would automatically be pushed down the "Hot Deals" list anyway, right? So why move it...if it's "Ongoing"?Just curious.
As per the admins, we're keeping the thread in ODD unless it's in-stock somewhere, then it would be moved back to Hot Deals for visibility (many users don't read ODD). If someone sees it in stock then report this thread and we'll move it.
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
carnybaby wrote: I added it to cart this morning. It went oos right away. Refreshed regularly but not too much cos that caused an access denied error. Finally was able to move to enter card details. Froze again after i did my 2 step auth during payment.

Thought i lost it but it was under orders when i refreshed it.

It was the disk version. I got lots of ps4 discs and also my library loans ps4 games and will do ps5 too.

Now to sell one of my pros!
I had an order with EB that went through on Thurs night and received email confirmation (and the hold appeared on my cc) but when I check my order status on the EB site it states it's cancelled.... pah. You can only email EB games as the customer service phone is offline but no response so far, so I'm working on a backup plan.
Has anyone heard what's going on with Shoppers? They have a page up but don't appear to have launched pre-orders yet.....
Feb 27, 2011
482 posts
1141 upvotes
Calgary, AB
LeeB63085 wrote: I had an order with EB that went through on Thurs night and received email confirmation (and the hold appeared on my cc) but when I check my order status on the EB site it states it's cancelled.... pah. You can only email EB games as the customer service phone is offline but no response so far, so I'm working on a backup plan.
Has anyone heard what's going on with Shoppers? They have a page up but don't appear to have launched pre-orders yet.....
There's been proof posted and via Twitter that it already happened a couple nights ago, despite what it says on the Shopper's landing page.
Public Mobile, Zoomer and Telus EPP plans
Sep 17, 2020
36 posts
10 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: There's been proof posted and via Twitter that it already happened a couple nights ago, despite what it says on the Shopper's landing page.
Pretty sure that was debunked as a developer test page and not the actual pre-order... also their site says: "Pre-order starts September 18, 2020 at 6pm ET".
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4593 posts
1576 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: There's been proof posted and via Twitter that it already happened a couple nights ago, despite what it says on the Shopper's landing page.
I have not seen any proof that Shoppers did a pre-order or that anyone got one as of 24 hours ago. I must have missed it.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

zubrievans, Jimfan, ryokinshin