Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 12:56 pm
Jan 10, 2011
414 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
So you order online at shoppers and pick it up in store? I never knew you could order anything online from Shoppers...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4532 posts
1658 upvotes
Ajax
Roswell79 wrote: So you order online at shoppers and pick it up in store? I never knew you could order anything online from Shoppers...
That's a first for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5224 posts
1124 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: There's been proof posted and via Twitter that it already happened a couple nights ago, despite what it says on the Shopper's landing page.
From what I recall somehow the UAT testing site for Shoppers was available publicly, I don't think anyone was actually able to place an order for real stock.
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
Has anyone received any of the email notifications from stores? Every store has been asking people to sign up to be notified when product is available but I only ever received one from EB Games (I also signed up for SDM but learned about the 6pm pre-sale here).
Mar 15, 2008
36 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
As it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get a pre order. Does anyone know how buying from a “scalper” usually works? Will they give me their receipt (bestbuy, Walmart) or no? Just thinking it’s a big purchase without having anyway to return it if any issues. Do I need the receipt for warranty?
Jan 10, 2011
414 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
AznDawg101 wrote: As it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get a pre order. Does anyone know how buying from a “scalper” usually works? Will they give me their receipt (bestbuy, Walmart) or no? Just thinking it’s a big purchase without having anyway to return it if any issues. Do I need the receipt for warranty?
Don't buy from a scalper. Keep following this thread, you will eventually get a preorder in.

But to answer your question. Only give them the money when they have the product on hand and get the receipt for warranty.
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
AznDawg101 wrote: As it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get a pre order. Does anyone know how buying from a “scalper” usually works? Will they give me their receipt (bestbuy, Walmart) or no? Just thinking it’s a big purchase without having anyway to return it if any issues. Do I need the receipt for warranty?
You should be able to get a pre-order....I'm still waiting but confident I'll get one. More stock will be made available over the coming weeks and orders will be cancelled leading up to launch because people will be hedging their bets on multiple pre-orders. Sony have said that they have more PS5s available than PS4s for that launch....just gotta keep at it.
Jan 10, 2011
414 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
Also you can always go camp outside a Best Buy or Walmart or ToysRUS on launch day. Usually 4 hours before store opening is sufficient and if the store is nice they give out numbers really early.

My best memories on launch was lining up super early and talking with people inline (Might not be possible anymore in these times)
Dec 31, 2006
660 posts
97 upvotes
I can tell you that a lot of bots cleaned up a lot of the stock. I follow some of the sneaker bot groups and one of them showed their members secured over 1000+ units in Canada.

Thread Information

There are currently 27 users viewing this thread. (13 members and 14 guests)

Siye, torontokris, tinny2889, BaptisteD81634, fring509, Ne0Gamma, Gino4lyfe, CaptainCheese, Tha_Doggg, lilclie, ftrevino, kenda75, Csloat