Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 10:48 am
Jan 28, 2018
267 posts
205 upvotes
AznDawg101 wrote: As it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get a pre order. Does anyone know how buying from a “scalper” usually works? Will they give me their receipt (bestbuy, Walmart) or no? Just thinking it’s a big purchase without having anyway to return it if any issues. Do I need the receipt for warranty?
Not worth it. Be patient and wait.
Scalper pre-order stock isn't guaranteed and has the potential to be cancelled for being a scalper. You also have to wait 2 months for them to even get the stock to give to you. It's ripe for fraud.
Keep trying. You have two months and the potential for more pre-order stock to roll in as well as in-store stock on launch day.
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: From what I recall somehow the UAT testing site for Shoppers was available publicly, I don't think anyone was actually able to place an order for real stock.
Ah good....we can be reassured that the bots had a good amount of testing time in advance....
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
SDM have just sent out an email about the pre-order tonight - it'll be the shopping equivalent of Fall Guys:

Mark your calendars!
The PS5™ console is available
September 18 2020 at 6:00PM (ET) exclusively for
pre-order at shoppersdrugmart.ca/PS5
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2614 posts
2798 upvotes
GTA
ray90 wrote: I can tell you that a lot of bots cleaned up a lot of the stock. I follow some of the sneaker bot groups and one of them showed their members secured over 1000+ units in Canada.
Just a theory, but did you see any evidence that the unannounced preorder drop and sporadic releases made it difficult, at least early on? Although I'm sure they adjusted quickly.
c'mon get happy!
Oct 30, 2019
145 posts
316 upvotes
is anyone buying an extended warranty?

Sony offers 1 year and my CC adds another year
Jun 7, 2015
101 posts
6 upvotes
Just got an email from The Source on the Shipment. The transaction is still in pending on my CC

SL: Shipment update

Thanks again for your recent order. We expect the item below to ship on once it ships we will send you a confirmation email. When our estimated shipment date is longer than the usual turnaround it may be because of product availability or release date for pre-ordered product. If your order had multiple items, the items in stock will be processed and shipped.

If you prefer to find an alternate product solution or wish to cancel your order, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-866-515-5855 and provide your order number.
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
bg8055 wrote: is anyone buying an extended warranty?

Sony offers 1 year and my CC adds another year
I plan to go with that as well - if there will be any issues, it will be within the first 2 years. I picked up a PS2 at launch and never had any issues....
Nov 22, 2014
174 posts
172 upvotes
AB
Does Shoppers Drug Mart ship or is it in-store only?
Sep 17, 2020
14 posts
7 upvotes
Xombie37 wrote: Does Shoppers Drug Mart ship or is it in-store only?
It's a bit ambiguous - "Ship date to stores November 12, 2020" implies that it is only ship to store....and it seems to indicate that stock will leave the warehouse on 12th so wouldn't be available until 13th at the earliest. I'm also curious to see how they manage the pre-order because I can't see where you can sign in with a SDM account in advance.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1116 posts
393 upvotes
Laval
I'm not looking forward to the Shoppers website at 6:00pm.

500+ people trying to pre-order 1 of ten PS5's
Jul 11, 2018
121 posts
101 upvotes
I really want to believe shoppers can keep their website functioning flawlessly.
It is better than EBgames who sold out their in-store preorder to the insiders before they open the door.
Last edited by Kojima on Sep 18th, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 28, 2007
749 posts
1184 upvotes
Calgary
ray90 wrote: I can tell you that a lot of bots cleaned up a lot of the stock. I follow some of the sneaker bot groups and one of them showed their members secured over 1000+ units in Canada.
That is crazy. How do they get around the 1 per household issue?

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 4 guests)

MobiusZX, flair.14, Doucet87, ghostlyport, Hidrosmen, sovogil, newfbc, kuokai, akhohd