Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 8:02 am
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2205 posts
2953 upvotes
Windsor
game_fanatic wrote: If you sign up for a PS Plus account you can get access to a pretty sweet collection of PS4 games, called the PlayStation Plus Collection:
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

There are some fantastic games on this list, albeit PS4 titles. These can definitely keep you busy until more PS5 games roll around.

Here's a good article outlining the difference between PS Now (Sony's game access service) and Xbox Game Pass (Microsoft's game access service)
https://www.androidcentral.com/playstat ... -game-pass

Basically, PS Now has more games at a cheaper price, but you 'stream' the games, so depending on your internet connection the quality may suffer (although you can download a bunch to your system to play). Game Pass is more expensive and you download the games to your physical console, so your internet connection won't have an impact on gameplay.
1. You can download PS4 games with PS Now
2. PS now is more expensive since Game pass can use the $1 upgrade method:microsoft-store-xbox-game-pass-ultimate ... 1-2290218/
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1420 posts
1076 upvotes
St Catharines
markj wrote: yes did you read what i wrote? if rather replace the whole white fins... not a super big fan of skins...
I see, I thought you meant skins for the wings...
I guess we'll have to wait for a teardown to see how intricate the parts are to see if maybe 3D printing replacements is possible!
Nov 21, 2010
860 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
sidshock wrote: I don't know why they tried to get so creative.
Boxy and as compact as possibly is best. Couple different colours for a nice classic touch and done.
Sony doesn't sell looking fancy, it sells well bc of the hardware inside and games.
Hope they don't get stupid and fix in the revision.
Hopefully they'll make the next one a sphere.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4578 posts
3014 upvotes
SeyitA35523 wrote: I actually pre ordered ps5 but considering about game prices. Never had console. Everybody says game pass is very good for free-good games. And I don't want to pay 100$ for 20 hours story games. How is Ps5's sub system against xbox? Ps has ps now but nobody compare with game pass. And wonder which market is better who doesn't need to buy in release date?
If you know you will just own one console, get the PS5. The game selection is much better than Xbox. There is no competition.

If you are going to own both eventually. Get the Xbox first and take advantage of the Gamepass deal with the 3 year Live upgrade to Ultimate deal. Gamepass should keep you busy for 2-3 years and after that you will be able to get a better/cheaper PS5 and play God or War 2, Spiderman, Horizon 2, etc for $10 a pop.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3885 posts
1704 upvotes
BC
WL1980 wrote: If you know you will just own one console, get the PS5. The game selection is much better than Xbox. There is no competition.

If you are going to own both eventually. Get the Xbox first and take advantage of the Gamepass deal with the 3 year Live upgrade to Ultimate deal. Gamepass should keep you busy for 2-3 years and after that you will be able to get a better/cheaper PS5 and play God or War 2, Spiderman, Horizon 2, etc for $10 a pop.
Huh, this is actually a good plan.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1053 posts
289 upvotes
Montréal
kanewtz wrote: Oh, I'm still buying it! Wonder if I can put a "black skin" on it and tell the wife its the PS4 Pro....think she would notice?
Happy to have a wife who let me buy stuff without complaining.
Sep 29, 2008
929 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
Xbox one x user here, PS5 is the way to go this time because of exclusives. You can play any game on the game pass on PC anyway so what is the point of spending 600-700 on Xbox when you can build a beast PC for a few 100 more than will be way more powerful and useful anyway? I just don't see any reason in favour of purchasing a series x tbh, especially after GTX 3000 series cards and prices were announced. Series X can't even hang with the 3070.

BTW I wasn't able to get any preorders so I am hoping some will be available in the coming weeks or it won't be too hard to grab one post launch. I think Sony sold a couple of million in the 2 days post the ps4 launch and there are more ps5s available this time.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2808 posts
701 upvotes
Belle River
What day 1 (or shortly after) game is the one you're excited to play?

As discussed earlier throughout this thread, I just don't have one in mind. There's nothing that stands out as that game, PS5 exclusive or not, that I'm excited to play. I think for some, many perhaps, it'll be Cyberpunk 2077 but then if you're also a PC gamer and your PC can handle it as well or better than the PS5...meh. For others it'll be Demon's Souls. I think a few people mentioned Spider-Man Miles Morales.
Jul 28, 2007
750 posts
1185 upvotes
Calgary
WL1980 wrote: If you know you will just own one console, get the PS5. The game selection is much better than Xbox. There is no competition.

I got Gamepass a couple months ago and honestly there wasn't enough there to keep me interested.

If you want to play big AAA single player games you should stick to the PS5--or switch over, like I'm doing. As someone else said, you are better off replacing a series x with a PC.
Sep 29, 2008
929 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
I play a lot of sports games so hoping 2k21 or Fifa have a nice upgrade to graphics and animations at least. Not that excited about COD as I feel MW is a better game than cold war. Spider man sounds really fun, I haven't played a spider man game in a decade so that might be fun to jump into. Oh and Ghost of Tsuhima as I didn't own ps4.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1012 posts
833 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: If your entertainment cabinet can hold an AV receiver, then you'll have no problem fitting a PS5.
Apparently this is how it's gonna look. I think a separate table might be needed.

I think the fins were strategically designed so that people don't stuff them into cabinets and block the vents without the clearance of the fins

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2623 posts
2803 upvotes
GTA
kanewtz wrote: Oh, I'm still buying it! Wonder if I can put a "black skin" on it and tell the wife its the PS4 Pro....think she would notice?
Budddyyyy... You just need Plash Speed Face With Tears Of Joy

c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4578 posts
3014 upvotes
Glue 2 white plastic on your PS4 now and let her get used to the look. It's a mod for better airflow for the PS4 if she asks. Then when you get a PS5 you can just swap it out.

If you have 3D printer you could make it look exactly like the PS5 fins.
Nov 19, 2017
982 posts
2151 upvotes
Toronto
DerekK912 wrote: EB Games' trade-in offer for the PS5 is no loner displayed on their website (even though it was supposed to run until October). I'm guessing this is because they have no more pre-orders available. The trade in values are back to "normal":

709809 Playstation 4 Console (500GB) Playstation 4 $135.00 (was $215 on the promo)
722338 Playstation 4 Console (1TB) Playstation 4 $165.00 (was $235 on the promo)
727872 Playstation 4 PRO Console (1TB) Playstation 4 $225.00 (was $270 on the promo)
Just came back from EB and even though the trade promo towards the PS5 is no longer advertised on the website, they are still running it in store until October 1st. The reason for removing it from the site was because they ran out of preorders and were getting hammered with people without preorders coming in to do the trades.

Traded my Slim 1TB for $235, even though I probably should have done it last week since I would have gotten my onyx bump and could have gotten $18 more.

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (10 members and 2 guests)

MaLar1337, CAKETOWN, Bulwark, The Destroyer, Cryptopsy, TheDJohnnyBlaze, quentin0, jamessh1, danialwynne, ryokinshin