Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 9:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
2846 posts
312 upvotes
The Tee Daught wrote: That being said, after playing fallout / Skyrim in VR. I will never play another fallout game outside of VR. So PC for those games anyway.
Yeah, I'm a "lay down" kind of gamer (I have my tv mounted on the wall and I play while in bed at night usually)...and I just don't have the money for a gaming PC that could support anything coming out on the PS5/XboxX.

I built a decent home machine for the usual tasks like working from home, internet and basic/nostalgia gaming (Steam & some gaming emulators), and don't intend to replace it for at least 5 years, so I'm really kind of stuck with one of these two consoles.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4383 posts
2965 upvotes
Toronto and London
LeisureSuitL wrote: Ergh...this will actually make me consider buying an Xbox. I'll be holding off a PS5 order for now, probably until early next year, until some solid news comes...but no Elder Scrolls/Fallout on PS5, that blows...those are some of my favourites.
You do realize those games are not going to come out for years and Ps5 still gets exclusives like Deathloop and Ghostwire?

I'd also be surprised if Microsoft does not want to make money off the market leader in Sony when they do eventually come out. At the very least, you can always build a PC.

For launch and next year, it's clear Ps5 has the advantage given their stellar lineup but beyond that, it remains to be seen.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
2846 posts
312 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: You do realize those games are not going to come out for years and Ps5 still gets exclusives like Deathloop and Ghostwire?

I'd also be surprised if Microsoft does not want to make money off the market leader in Sony when they do eventually come out. At the very least, you can always build a PC.

For launch and next year, it's clear Ps5 has the advantage given their stellar lineup but beyond that, it remains to be seen.
Totally agree with you there. I guess I should have clarified that I "erghed" at the thought of also buying an XboxX, but I would definitely still buy a PS5 regardless. I'm still might put off the purchase until next year, depending on what early titles there are, or if I could play my PS4 games on it. I am still finishing DQ11, and have FF7 Remake to work through before I can think about moving on. Along with any other decent games I run across along the way.

I noticed Borderlands 3 is on sale at Walmart, and I liked 1 & 2, so I might have to give that one a run through before I get a PS5 as well.
Dec 1, 2006
928 posts
77 upvotes
London, ON
The Tee Daught wrote: That being said, after playing fallout / Skyrim in VR. I will never play another fallout game outside of VR. So PC for those games anyway.
Wow it’s that good I haven’t looked into the reviews? Are you on psvr or high end pc one?
Sep 19, 2020
2 posts
for those thats ordered from londondrugs, what's does your order status say?
Sep 19, 2019
67 posts
82 upvotes
SeyitA35523 wrote: so we can actually order 1 xbox and 1 ps and cancel one before ship and no charge
Yeah I guess. But the release dates are really close so don’t forget :)
Mar 17, 2009
41 posts
4 upvotes
TBH all I really want right now is Gran Turismo 7.

And it’s not a launch title, and we don’t know when it’s going to be released.

Rumours say by end of November but nothing concrete. Who knows it can be pushed to 2021 by which point I believe PS5s will be readily available.

I haven’t been able to secure a pre-order yet, but even if I did, I’m really waiting for GT7...
Jun 13, 2006
592 posts
28 upvotes
Vaughan
Gary320 wrote: I have no physical disks either, I played a total of two games on a disc over the span of two years. One that came with the console (Spiderman) and one that I borrowed from my brother inlaw. That said, I still have a hard time deciding between the digital or physical. I know 95% of my games will be digital, but I kind of like having that peace of mind of being able to borrow a game or find a game on special if ever. I don't really care about the 4K Bluray tbh, haven't watched a movie on a disc in years.
Couple reasons to get the disc version
- resale market, people buy and sell used copies of games all the time at a discount. Yeah digital comes out with sales too but usually later.
- ability to play PS4 discs and in future (15+ years) always have a console that can play physical media when there may not be a digital store (think retro)
- getting rid of games you don't like or are done with - i very rarely keep games long term, always get rid of them after i'm done playing. Or sometimes you finish a game in 2 days and don't like it anymore, you can easily sell it and recoup most of your money - hard to do that with digital. Case in point, i'm selling my modern warfare disc right now for $40 and I paid $90 mins - 30% PC points
- I buy a lot of games from Shoppers when they have the 20x points days.... easily get 30% off brand new titles which is like $20-$30 off. Can't do that with digital
Feb 19, 2019
153 posts
54 upvotes
Well, after acquiring a 35 month of game pass ultimate, and Microsoft buying ZeniMax’s stable of studios, which includes id Software, Arkane Studios and Bethesda, it would be very unreasonable for me to buy a PS5. Hence I've decided to abandon my PS5 pre-orders and jump onto the Xbox realm.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2614 posts
547 upvotes
Scarborough
Just prepaid for my Amazon disc PS5 and Spiderman Miles Morales. I've also preordered from Best Buy. Anyone know how I can prepay Best Buy orders already in progress like Amazon and gift cards. I think I remember going into an actual store and giving them the order number and preparing at the counter (for my online preorder). Wish I could just add to a best buy balance.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1646 posts
3369 upvotes
TDotHacker wrote: Just prepaid for my Amazon disc PS5 and Spiderman Miles Morales. I've also preordered from Best Buy. Anyone know how I can prepay Best Buy orders already in progress like Amazon and gift cards. I think I remember going into an actual store and giving them the order number and preparing at the counter (for my online preorder). Wish I could just add to a best buy balance.
You can always add gift cards to a BB order. When you change payment.

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 7 guests)

fangcow, BaptisteD81634, Vaugirard, traxmaxx, Feegus, tzhuge, dalaw, JasonA591