Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:25 am
Member
Dec 31, 2018
224 posts
169 upvotes
I got the same email last night, so I live-chatted with Walmart this morning. She told me that a lot of people are having the same errors and to just make sure my payment method works and is correct. I told her it was correct the first time, so I don’t know why it happened and she said the same thing; Walmart will try again soon to process the payment so if everything is ok, it should go through.
Newbie
Mar 3, 2013
60 posts
19 upvotes
In the same boat and with virtually the same experience as others with respect to Walmart. I got the form email, and got in touch with Walmart who initially told me to update my payment details. I do not save a card on walmart.ca, so I had entered them at the point of the order. But the order's payment details were not editable. Walmart took that away and told me they'd get back to me in 24-72 hours. At this point I had no idea what the root issue was. So I called my CC provider, who very quickly told me it was rejected because it was submitted with the wrong expiry date. I must have fat fingered. So I added my card to my saved cards on walmart.ca, and contacted them again. They told me they'll retry with the saved card and notify me in 24-48 hours. Fingers crossed that it'll be smooth sailing from here.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2715 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
Relying on CP for delivery of consoles will be quite interesting. I have got a disc and discless coming along with xsx from Best Buy
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
9789 posts
2402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Imagine a Canada Post truck full load of PS5, worth thousands, perfectly opportunity for a heist by scalpers lolol
Jr. Member
Oct 20, 2006
137 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Any of you guys with PS4 gold headsets planning to upgrade to the Pulse 3Ds? Debating on whether its worth it
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
Daijoubu wrote: Imagine a Canada Post truck full load of PS5, worth thousands, perfectly opportunity for a heist by scalpers lolol
MichaelSun wrote: See you on CBC news :twisted:
I'll be on the 6pm segment, Daijoubu will be on the 11pm segment! Face With Tears Of Joy
Newbie
Mar 3, 2013
60 posts
19 upvotes
I'm on my 2nd Gold headset over the life of my PS4. Considering how much use it gets, they've held up fairly well. I'm going to hold off on upgrading until I have no choice. The band on my Gold headset is held together by tape in 3 spots... but it still works.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 17, 2007
5450 posts
1269 upvotes
C-Bacon wrote: Any of you guys with PS4 gold headsets planning to upgrade to the Pulse 3Ds? Debating on whether its worth it
I would wait for final reviews before committing, I'm sure there'll be comparisons between the Gold / Platinum / Pulse headsets.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
TDotHacker wrote: Relying on CP for delivery of consoles will be quite interesting. I have got a disc and discless coming along with xsx from Best Buy
I know. I'm hoping they ship them early. Canada post where i live is a hit or miss.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2106 posts
1530 upvotes
Fredericton
brandonb21 wrote: I know. I'm hoping they ship them early. Canada post where i live is a hit or miss.
Same. Hoping to get this on release day at the very latest.

I got my launch PS4 a day early. RIP Future Shop.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Jr. Member
Nov 11, 2015
125 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
C-Bacon wrote: Any of you guys with PS4 gold headsets planning to upgrade to the Pulse 3Ds? Debating on whether its worth it
The PS4 ones are supposed to work with the PS5 right?
Newbie
Nov 29, 2016
98 posts
51 upvotes
bosdober wrote: In the same boat and with virtually the same experience as others with respect to Walmart. I got the form email, and got in touch with Walmart who initially told me to update my payment details. I do not save a card on walmart.ca, so I had entered them at the point of the order. But the order's payment details were not editable. Walmart took that away and told me they'd get back to me in 24-72 hours. At this point I had no idea what the root issue was. So I called my CC provider, who very quickly told me it was rejected because it was submitted with the wrong expiry date. I must have fat fingered. So I added my card to my saved cards on walmart.ca, and contacted them again. They told me they'll retry with the saved card and notify me in 24-48 hours. Fingers crossed that it'll be smooth sailing from here.
Yeah my CC provider also told me it was rejected because it was submitted with the wrong expiry date. I added another CC to my Walmart account as they suggested me to do so.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
smuPoker wrote: Same. Hoping to get this on release day at the very latest.

I got my launch PS4 a day early. RIP Future Shop.
how did they ship your ps4 back than?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2715 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
smuPoker wrote: Same. Hoping to get this on release day at the very latest.

I got my launch PS4 a day early. RIP Future Shop.
Not so Futuristic after all ☠
Newbie
Mar 3, 2013
60 posts
19 upvotes
I got my PS4 delivered from Walmart on launch day too. But I lived in Ontario then. In Newfoundland now... and I'm expecting my PS5 will be somewhere in the Dieppe black hole on launch day.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1847 upvotes
Ajax
smuPoker wrote: Same. Hoping to get this on release day at the very latest.

I got my launch PS4 a day early. RIP Future Shop.
Don't forget CP is on a national holiday on November 11. That evening is usually when they are released to CP. With nobody working, it is likely to be late unless Sony let's them start releasing on the evening of the 10th. Still will be hit or miss with that many going out. As such, people are likely to see theirs delivered on Friday the 13th or over the weekend if you get a lucky worker doing overtime.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
mrtvgame wrote: Don't forget CP is on a national holiday on November 11. That evening is usually when they are released to CP. With nobody working, it is likely to be late unless Sony let's them start releasing on the evening of the 10th. Still will be hit or miss with that many going out. As such, people are likely to see theirs delivered on Friday the 13th or over the weekend if you get a lucky worker doing overtime.
or they switch delivery company's, Canada Post could be just a placeholder
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1171 posts
466 upvotes
Laval
Reviewers are receiving their PS5.
It's a big boy! Image

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Duder71, yoman13