Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1011 posts
833 upvotes
This is why you don't sell your PS4 until you get your PS5. Nothing is guaranteed even with a deposit.

I've paid for things fully and had orders cancelled before. I bought a laptop a few weeks ago, paid it all, 10 days later get a cancellation email

I also bought a Fossil watch online, 30 days later, cancelled after it was approved.
Oct 27, 2012
440 posts
234 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: lmao I hope all of your orders get cancelled.
I can't speak for him/her, but I also have 4 PS5's preordered and they are all accounted for. 1 for me, 1 for my brother and 2 for close friends. I would cancel any extras before reselling, if it came to that.
Aug 17, 2007
185 posts
116 upvotes
Alicalabra wrote: I wonder if we can figure out the "cutoff" time for these cancellation, if this matter my order for the disk version of the ps5 was processed at 10:01 pm on Sept. 16 (as showed on the walmart website).
It may not be that simple. Sometimes things are cancelled for a variety of reasons. Places will sometimes even cancel orders if your billing and shipping address don't match. I'm not saying that's what's happening here because that's actually the case for me and mine has not been cancelled yet but there's lots of reasons it could be happening.
Dec 31, 2006
677 posts
106 upvotes
Had my disc version cancelled yesterday. My order was Sept 16 @ 9:06pm (from Walmart email)

I spoke with customer service supervisor and there isn't anything they can tell me. He says it was a systematic cancel as they took too many pre-orders. I got my Walmart order probably under 3 minutes after it went live. So I'm still trying to get them to tell me how my order is cancelled yet people on the 2nd preorder still have their unit

EDIT: Say the question above. The supervisor said it was systematic, I got the sense it was random as he couldn't provide me a clear answer. So it's not placed by time of order it seems, which makes zero sense to me and he agreed.
Jan 13, 2020
57 posts
79 upvotes
Supertrash17 wrote: I can't speak for him/her, but I also have 4 PS5's preordered and they are all accounted for. 1 for me, 1 for my brother and 2 for close friends. I would cancel any extras before reselling, if it came to that.
Did you grab one for your auntie and one for your grandpapa too? What a joke...

This is exactly why they need to have limits on orders. I hope all your crap gets cancelled.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1420 posts
1076 upvotes
St Catharines
roeroe wrote: Did you grab one for your auntie and one for your grandpapa too? What a joke...

This is exactly why they need to have limits on orders. I hope all your crap gets cancelled.
Masernaut wrote: lmao I hope all of your orders get cancelled.
Why so sour?
I hope nobody's preorders get cancelled... Specially mine! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Aug 24, 2016
155 posts
75 upvotes
All the people who sold their PS4s will be watching paint dry over the second lockdowns this winter.
Jan 12, 2011
274 posts
232 upvotes
Walmart order on the 25th for the extra controller bundle was cancelled yesterday.
Feb 8, 2010
85 posts
35 upvotes
i placed my order september 16 but thankfully haven't received a cancellation email yet.

That being said Walmart hasnt taken anything out of my credit card either (not even the usual $0.01). Has anyone not had anything taken out?
Feb 8, 2010
85 posts
35 upvotes
Broskah wrote: All the people who sold their PS4s will be watching paint dry over the second lockdowns this winter.
Just took my ad down off kijiji. was getting a lot of replies for it yesterday too
Nov 29, 2016
94 posts
50 upvotes
Did you select shipping or pick up option? I'm asking all who got a cancellation email.
Dec 31, 2006
677 posts
106 upvotes
nayhat wrote: Did you select shipping or pick up option? I'm asking all who got a cancellation email.
Shipping for me
Sep 24, 2020
19 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered an extra controller bundle on the 25th on Walmart and selected in-store pickup. Not canceled yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way, but not very optimistic due to this complete $hitshow of an experience.
Sep 22, 2005
214 posts
54 upvotes
This whole situation is ridiculous and hilarious and cruel and stupid. These billion dollar corporations are seemingly sadistic in their disregard for customers. Instead of implementing a fair and orderly system to take pre-orders and fill them as stock becomes available, they cause people to scramble madly, then give a lucky few the immense satisfaction of taking their money, then randomly rip some hearts out by dismissing their pre-orders nonchalantly, and leave the ones remaining to wonder if they'll be next for cancellation. It's like we're on the Titanic (but for spoiled gamers). Maybe some new regulations should be put in place if these retailers can't conduct themselves responsibly.

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 5 guests)

MobiusZX, flair.14, hairyco, Hidrosmen, newfbc, kuokai, akhohd, Gentile, 2009M5