Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 7:01 am
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1430 posts
1098 upvotes
St Catharines
2kfire wrote: I got the email so I made sure everything was good on my payment method and then I called Walmart.
The person I spoke with said they would try again in 24hrs, if it goes through I'm all set, if not they will call me within 72hrs to get revised payment info from me. I told him all is good with my payment method now so they can use that one, and he said that's fine, if you want to use that card when they call just give them the same info again, or give them new info, just make sure whichever card you use that everything is ok.

Hopefully for the people that need to, that means they WILL be able to change their payment info this time!
The charge has gone through now. All who got the email may want to check their accounts!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 23, 2007
9693 posts
854 upvotes
Mississauga
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: I am afraid to click this.
Dont be, it's funny. Very relatable to some of us
RFD 42-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Member
Sep 4, 2017
348 posts
596 upvotes
havent been keeping up, is there any stores that will restock the PS5 digital? Is there a link I could keep track of for stock? I'm pretty sure I'd have to wait until christmas at this point lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1753 posts
1262 upvotes
Surrey
2kfire wrote: The charge has gone through now. All who got the email may want to check their accounts!
Did you change your credit card on your account or use the same one? Or did you have some wrong info on the original card?
Koodo $40/13gb $35/10gb wireless plans//
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2007
832 posts
238 upvotes
JohnF100 wrote: havent been keeping up, is there any stores that will restock the PS5 digital? Is there a link I could keep track of for stock? I'm pretty sure I'd have to wait until christmas at this point lol.
honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1430 posts
1098 upvotes
St Catharines
ffonly wrote: Did you change your credit card on your account or use the same one? Or did you have some wrong info on the original card?
I used the same card.
I got too close to my limit, so I just made a payment.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2007
185 posts
116 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
I actually see it the opposite... If anything they may push things more digital and I would not be surprised if the next half generation (PS5 Pro or whatever) cuts the disc drive totally. It forces people to buy from the digital store cutting out a bunch of costs for publishers and it also means you can't sell/borrow games easily. This makes it less popular for some but look at PC gaming now. They don't even make physical copies anymore. The only reason consoles haven't gone that way is many people also use their console as a home entertainment hub to play Blu Rays but with streaming 4K becoming more and more a reality for many services, that's also a dying market.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1378 posts
690 upvotes
JohnF100 wrote: havent been keeping up, is there any stores that will restock the PS5 digital? Is there a link I could keep track of for stock? I'm pretty sure I'd have to wait until christmas at this point lol.
No restock that I have heard of. Launch is 20 days away, stores maybe keeping any left over stock for in store... ie come line up for 5-10 units we have on floor and end up buying other stuff
XBSX EB games is having more pre-order no mention of PS5.

One stock checker is this site, but it only says current stock not anticipated/future/coming stock
https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogami ... s/sonyps5/
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2698 posts
594 upvotes
Scarborough
wai_lai416 wrote: honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
Its not a gimmick. It just cost them too much to make one right now and they would be losing alot as a business that way. As their profitability grows and manufacturing costs go down, they will start pumping out more of them for sure and we could ultimately see something in reverse by the end of the life cycle...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1124 posts
395 upvotes
Laval
wai_lai416 wrote: honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
If anything, the reverse is much more likely. Maybe not in this gen, but next gen. I don’t know if disc will go away but digital is definitely getting popular.
Last edited by Gary320 on Oct 24th, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2123 posts
1480 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wai_lai416 wrote: honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
We are not heading into a Digital Era.

Anyone have second thoughts about their pre-order and would rather wait?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1124 posts
395 upvotes
Laval
chilli604 wrote: We are not heading into a Digital Era.

Anyone have second thoughts about their pre-order and would rather wait?
No. But I sold my ps4 and switch a month ago. I’ve been itching to play a couple of games, so I’m pretty excited!!
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2004
988 posts
796 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: If anything, the reverse is much more likely. Maybe not in this gen, but next gen.
Each person's situation is different. Some people do not mind downloading 50-100 GB (takes about 5-10 hours, BTW) because maybe they pay for high speed internet, which is reasonably priced right now. If internet prices go UP, people will want to go back to DISC based, lower internet fees and just update IF NEEDED ...

Thing is, all those who have NO DISC, are subject to ISP prices ... If they GO UP drastically, they certainly will not be happy !!!

You'd need a minimum of 100Mbit connection, and if this is shared with other family members, you'd need 300Mbit upgrade (minimum) !!!
Last edited by frugal69 on Oct 24th, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1009 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wai_lai416 wrote: honestly i see the digital as being a gimmick thing and eventually they'll just discontinue it
TDotHacker wrote: Its not a gimmick. It just cost them too much to make one right now and they would be losing alot as a business that way. As their profitability grows and manufacturing costs go down, they will start pumping out more of them for sure and we could ultimately see something in reverse by the end of the life cycle...
Gary320 wrote: If anything, the reverse is much more likely. Maybe not in this gen, but next gen. I don’t know if disc will go away but digital is definitely getting popular.
I would be surprised if the next gen consoles used physical media at all. Whether we like it or not there is so much more money and control in digital media. Plus fewer mechanical warranty issues, bad discs, etc for the corporations to deal with - really is a no-brainer for them.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1124 posts
395 upvotes
Laval
frugal69 wrote:
Each person's situation is different. Some people do not mind downloading 50-100 GB (takes about 5-10 hours, BTW) because maybe they pay for high speed internet, which is reasonably priced right now. If internet prices go UP, people will want to go back to DISC based, lower internet fees and just update IF NEEDED ...

Thing is, all those who have NO DISC, are subject to ISP prices ... If they GO UP drastically, they certainly will not be happy !!!
I agree with all this. I think we’ll have both options for a long time. Don’t think either one is going away. I especially don’t think digital is a gimmick.

For me, I’m likely going with disc edition despite inexpensive internet and the fact that I played 95% of my games digitally in the last gen. I just like having that option of having a disc, if ever I find a great deal or wajt to borrow a game. Plus with the prices of the new gen games, I think disc makes more sense right now

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (10 members and 4 guests)

flair.14, Archiver, f41lbl0g, Hidrosmen, KATAMAPAH, traxmaxx, Kiriller, ashbeyt, downatone, ftrevino