Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 9:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5952 posts
399 upvotes
Calgary
torontokris wrote: And what if they do get them are you going to support them more? Or have faith in them?
nope ill just grab my preoder and move on...
Mar 7, 2006
10 posts
I got a preauthorization for $101 for the controller from BestBuy as well. It is showing as shipping via Purolator. I am still slightly worried about the PS5 being shipped via CanadaPost. When I preordered it, I did not have an option to pay extra to pay with someone faster.
Mar 3, 2012
228 posts
124 upvotes
HAMILTON
bboris77 wrote: I got a preauthorization for $101 for the controller from BestBuy as well. It is showing as shipping via Purolator. I am still slightly worried about the PS5 being shipped via CanadaPost. When I preordered it, I did not have an option to pay extra to pay with someone faster.
I feel your pain too. When I pre-orderd there was no geek squad option either
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1068 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
markj wrote: nope ill just grab my preoder and move on...
I think they will pull through. They've had enough time to validate pre-orders and coordinate any plans for distributing them. I'm sure some locations will be impacted more than others.

It would be nice for SDM to communicate this week so people can make plans if they can't fulfil those orders.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5952 posts
399 upvotes
Calgary
lilclie wrote: I think they will pull through. They've had enough time to validate pre-orders and coordinate any plans for distributing them. I'm sure some locations will be impacted more than others.

It would be nice for SDM to communicate this week so people can make plans if they can't fulfil those orders.
hopefully but ive got another preorder (from bb) just in case to fall back on...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10584 posts
1336 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone know if the walmart ps5 pre order charge is just a temp pre authorized charge that will go away or is this the final charge for the ps5?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Oct 25, 2020
22 posts
9 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: I'll be there are minute before I can pick it up.
FYI: We'll get an e-mail with more info, a few days before launch
I plan to be at SDM before they open, given they send another email regarding pickup information. I don’t wanna get there later on that day and find out a employee messed up and sold it to a walk in. I think I speak for a lot of people that how fortunate we were to preorder the ps5, better not take any chances.
Aug 3, 2019
61 posts
42 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Anyone know if the walmart ps5 pre order charge is just a temp pre authorized charge that will go away or is this the final charge for the ps5?
WAlmart has never charged me until they ship and I have had a few games ordered from years ago in an E3 promotion ie cyberpunk. Every now and then I would see a pending that would come and go sometimes even only for a dollar, might just be checking if card is still valid. I have a ps5 coming from Walmart as well and see the pending but don't expect to be charged til they ship.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1134 posts
414 upvotes
Laval
My SDM is open 24 hours, so I can't really do that.. unless I can pick it up at 12 AM on the 12th lol. But yeah, I'm going to try to be there as early as possible for the same exact reason as you.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10584 posts
1336 upvotes
Brampton
gummby2005 wrote: WAlmart has never charged me until they ship and I have had a few games ordered from years ago in an E3 promotion ie cyberpunk. Every now and then I would see a pending that would come and go sometimes even only for a dollar, might just be checking if card is still valid. I have a ps5 coming from Walmart as well and see the pending but don't expect to be charged til they ship.
The pending charge from walmart is the full amount. Thanks for replying!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Aug 3, 2019
61 posts
42 upvotes
squall458 wrote: The pending charge from walmart is the full amount. Thanks for replying!
Ya so is mine they will probably keep in t pending til it ships to out a hold on that amount on your card so there's no surprises on release day.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1134 posts
414 upvotes
Laval
gummby2005 wrote: WAlmart has never charged me until they ship and I have had a few games ordered from years ago in an E3 promotion ie cyberpunk. Every now and then I would see a pending that would come and go sometimes even only for a dollar, might just be checking if card is still valid. I have a ps5 coming from Walmart as well and see the pending but don't expect to be charged til they ship.
When I pre-ordered the Spiderman PS4 Pro, they didn't charge me until almost 3 weeks after I got it. There was a pre-authorization hold for a couple of days before and then it disappeared. I was really hoping I got lucky!! Only to get the transaction go through three weeks later.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18876 posts
8520 upvotes
Oakville
squall458 wrote: Anyone know if the walmart ps5 pre order charge is just a temp pre authorized charge that will go away or is this the final charge for the ps5?
It's a pre-auth. My XBox one went through on the 21st, it would have posted by now if it was an actual charge.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10584 posts
1336 upvotes
Brampton
wearysky wrote: It's a pre-auth. My XBox one went through on the 21st, it would have posted by now if it was an actual charge.
Thank you!
Oct 25, 2020
22 posts
9 upvotes
Gary320 wrote: My SDM is open 24 hours, so I can't really do that.. unless I can pick it up at 12 AM on the 12th lol. But yeah, I'm going to try to be there as early as possible for the same exact reason as you.
Luckily mine opens at 8 so I’ll be there beforehand. I do hope they’ll let you get it at midnight and not have to come back later in the morning.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 2 guests)

georgep, Spurs10, tinkoo3000, Mlj223, 5abi_boy, FrostyWinnipeg, H2O, TheDJohnnyBlaze, jamessh1