Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 2:59 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Is this limited edition one? Is the price going to increase if you don’t pre-order now? If no to both questions, then why people rushing to buy it? Is it not better to wait until they have some sort of promo?
For starters its the New Gen and chances are high of it being sold out. The price will not be increasing as they are prices set in stone.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1991 posts
1677 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: Preordered physical version. I sell 90% of my games so in the long run I’ll come out ahead vs digital version.

Insane how there’s basically 0 supply for the digital version.
I am sure Sony anticipated disc to be more popular at launch. Probably more units allocated than digital.
Last edited by renegadeavenger on Sep 16th, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7596 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
frugal69 wrote: black friday 2021?
If he thinks he can get a bundle deal from a retailer this Black Friday lol

It’s sold out at most retailers.

Eb games tomorrow will be a zoo.

Massive lineups starting early morning to get a preorder or trade in in.
Oct 27, 2012
387 posts
207 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Is this limited edition one? Is the price going to increase if you don’t pre-order now? If no to both questions, then why people rushing to buy it? Is it not better to wait until they have some sort of promo?
If you don't preorder it, you might not get one for a while (maybe even before Christmas, if that matters to you). There also probably won't be any deals on it for a year.
Apr 19, 2018
39 posts
14 upvotes
oldmanlogan wrote: So those of us with PC optimum points... when you saw Nov 12th was set... did you all lean back and smile? :)
Do you think they’ll have it lmao
May 2, 2020
58 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
oldmanlogan wrote: So those of us with PC optimum points... when you saw Nov 12th was set... did you all lean back and smile? :)
That’s if you can get it at SDM on launch. I have about 1 Mill in points, but there’s plenty of time between now and launch to liquidate on some big redemption events and flip items into cash to subsidize a day 1 purchase from another source.

Either way SDM point savers will win no matter how they purchase it.
Too many people in the world today that speak liberal but vote conservative.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4401 posts
911 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Thanks OP, snagged physical disc version.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1991 posts
1677 upvotes
ez_86 wrote: i think sony lied about low stock

why the **** wouln'd they say that if it'll increase sales
Where did it say they lied?

They never said anything about low stock.. It's some stupid investor claiming they have low yield rates.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1264 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Im way late to this party just seeing this thread now but speaking from experience I got the ps4 for 399 (i think?) the year it got released, sometime after they raised the price by $50. I don't know what will happen or why they raised the price but if supply cannot keep up with demand they might do the same?
Oct 5, 2014
509 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario
Allen84 wrote: Which of my chances are better?

Getting struck by lightning?

Snagging a PS5 @ SDM on bonus redemption day?
I'm going to go with getting struck by lightning. Face With Tears Of Joy

I can only imagine how tough it's going to be to land a PS5 at SDM especially the first couple months.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2079 posts
1583 upvotes
I haven't checked yet, but how many shitheads do you think there will be trying to list their pre-orders on kijiji for a fee for the right to buy it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8611 posts
4978 upvotes
Toronto
MoeZ55301 wrote: Do you think they’ll have it lmao
SDM will get it but who knows when, months, a year or more... wouldn't bank on it if you want one while it's hot.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1991 posts
1677 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: What is the appeal of the digital one? I never anticipated the demand for that model in particular. Are people not really knowing what they are pre ordering?
People confuse thinking that the shipment of disc is equal to digital. Doesn't work that way.

Unless you work for retail you won't know how many of each Sony allocated to the big stores.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1904 posts
256 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
Wife is gonna kill me. I pre-ordered.🤫

Thread Information

There are currently 17 users viewing this thread. (14 members and 3 guests)

dpvu, EnderWiggins, Alt1359, jmarts4444, Jiggasupreme, fring509, siznas, Coupelyfe, avatar12, Havox07, BigTRBL, furballz, manu117, Csloat