Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 2:09 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1859 posts
1343 upvotes
Surrey
djemzine wrote: Anyone who ordered from Walmart had their CC charged yet?
My Xbox and Ps5 were both charged
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2559 posts
1312 upvotes
Winnipeg
djemzine wrote: Anyone who ordered from Walmart had their CC charged yet?
In my last order Walmart charged me 3x and took it back twice so I'll say it's normal.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1859 posts
1343 upvotes
Surrey
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: In my last order Walmart charged me 3x and took it back twice so I'll say it's normal.
I don't think for this time around. My orders that got cancelled didn't get a charge on my credit card
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12038 posts
2190 upvotes
Mississauga
The slightly longer time it takes for these latest drops to sell out does seem to indicate that it is marginally (and I mean marginally) easier to get a PS5 now versus back in November or December.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41893 posts
6598 upvotes
GAM3OVR wrote: nothing for me yet!
Ah okay. Same here. I contacted Wally World's chat CSR and they said that the vendor has to confirm the order on their end. This can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days. I asked about cancellation and they said they're not sure either.
ffonly wrote: My Xbox and Ps5 were both charged
Nice. Only my Xbox X was charged.
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: In my last order Walmart charged me 3x and took it back twice so I'll say it's normal.
WTH! Charged 3x ?
Proud to be an Indian.
1859 posts
1343 upvotes
Surrey
djemzine wrote: Ah okay. Same here. I contacted Wally World's chat CSR and they said that the vendor has to confirm the order on their end. This can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days. I asked about cancellation and they said they're not sure either.

Nice. Only my Xbox X was charged.

WTH! Charged 3x ?
Also if you look up your order on your Walmart account and it has gone from "ordered" to "processing by seller" it usually means your 100% safe (at least from my experience)
Jun 6, 2018
21 posts
do we know how large these batches are , is it just a couple of thousand units at a time? I think in the states they get drops every second day and more retailer options.
Sep 22, 2020
14 posts
24 upvotes
ffonly wrote: Also if you look up your order on your Walmart account and it has gone from "ordered" to "processing by seller" it usually means your 100% safe (at least from my experience)
From my experience, if your order didn't change from "ordered" to "processing by seller" in 6 hours, it will usually just be cancelled after a day or two.
Unfortunately that has been the case for me for yesterday's restock, FML.
Aug 26, 2020
342 posts
282 upvotes
megadeth1 wrote: do we know how large these batches are , is it just a couple of thousand units at a time? I think in the states they get drops every second day and more retailer options.
7000 for BB, 4000 for Walmart I believe (disc versions). I think Amazon should have the biggest drops. Their pre-xmas drop had 10,000.
Jun 6, 2018
21 posts
spiderman1234 wrote: 7000 for BB, 4000 for Walmart I believe (disc versions). I think Amazon should have the biggest drops. Their pre-xmas drop had 10,000.
Brutal. I'm not sure Amazon had any restock in months, unless my email notification isn't working

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (10 members and 2 guests)

solairerfd, megadeth1, coliin, Kynax, redbanana55, UN7RUTH, hotjoint, dimitri2401, cs973339, brensavoyton