Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 5:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2180 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
evild0er wrote: Completely skipped out on this last generation and got a whole bunch of PS4 games I've been meaning to play (Spiderman, LOU2, RDR2)

Would the discless version allow me to download them or am I missing out on buying used games off Kijiji?
If you get playstation plus, you'll get Spiderman and LOU2 for "free":

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/16/2144 ... mes-titles
Nov 22, 2004
564 posts
1426 upvotes
Remove this useless thread. No deal here.
PSN: mwatcher
XBL: LionChi
May 2, 2020
77 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Copped the Regular Version from BB....

CC gets charged $1 for the deposit.

Pretty risk-free. EB Games, Walmart, and Amazon go live at midnight. If you cop a digital then you can always cancel the Disc order. Or keep and resell, whatever floats your boat.
Too many people in the world today that speak liberal but vote conservative.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2471 posts
4216 upvotes
Toronto
Going for the disc version when $299 on a Boxing Week during a Mega Redemption Day.

629+ tax is too much of a spend. Still playing PS3 and Vita games.
Jan 17, 2017
150 posts
208 upvotes
texasbruce wrote: Charge $130 for a bluray player? More like discouraging people to buy physical copy and resell them, so that they can sell more digital copies which cannot be re-sold
a UHD Bluray player stand alone will cost you at least $200.00 so I fail to see your arguement (a decent UHD Bluray player, not some cheap piece of shit)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1781 posts
1116 upvotes
Toronto
Saw that Demon Souls will come to PC and thus no reason to buy this at launch at the insane prices. Also will definitely use any rewards system at some point to get one. Finally the PS5 all digital is not an option for me as I want the opportunity to own my games so with that said even more reason to wait considering the crazy money I would have to spend. Also during the presentation it said that the footage was recorded in game except for the first one and let me say there were enough times where I saw frame skipping / jumping or whatever to worry about that but for people that don't care about streaming the system will work even better than how it was shown as you won't be using resources for streaming / recording. Anyway for the people that get it at launch have fun as sometimes it can be fun to do the whole launch day thing and well hey Demon Souls at launch should be fun for you. As for other titles not sure about what else there will be but you will be dying so much in Demon Souls you won't have time to worry about other games.
May 8, 2014
178 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skrateboard wrote: Don't forget faster load times if the game is solely on the SSD rather than reading from disc.
Can't speak to the Xbox One, but I believe all PS4 games are installed to the hard drive, in their entirety; disc's only function winds up being a DRM check.

With the PS5's new SSD tech, I can absolutely guarantee nothing will run from the disc.
A semi-competent prole, having worked in mortgages at a "Big Bank" for a day or two.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6542 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
EvilMonkey25 wrote: Getting hammered too. I can't even get to the cart!
added to cart, but cant access it either.
Oct 30, 2019
147 posts
321 upvotes
If you want Digital, get it from EBgames... Best Buy is sold out!!!!!

Edit: Disc just sold out at Best Buy as well
Last edited by bg8055 on Sep 16th, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2323 posts
1367 upvotes
mwatcher wrote: Remove this useless thread. No deal here.
Imagine being on RFD since 2004 and still being this narrow minded.
May 8, 2014
178 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Saw that Demon Souls will come to PC and thus no reason to buy this at launch at the insane prices. Also will definitely use any rewards system at some point to get one. Finally the PS5 all digital is not an option for me as I want the opportunity to own my games so with that said even more reason to wait considering the crazy money I would have to spend. Also during the presentation it said that the footage was recorded in game except for the first one and let me say there were enough times where I saw frame skipping / jumping or whatever to worry about that but for people that don't care about streaming the system will work even better than how it was shown as you won't be using resources for streaming / recording. Anyway for the people that get it at launch have fun as sometimes it can be fun to do the whole launch day thing and well hey Demon Souls at launch should be fun for you. As for other titles not sure about what else there will be but you will be dying so much in Demon Souls you won't have time to worry about other games.
Demon's Souls won't be coming to PC; it was an error.

This game is the sole reason I'm buying a PS5 at launch.
A semi-competent prole, having worked in mortgages at a "Big Bank" for a day or two.
May 30, 2017
462 posts
251 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I managed to get one, now I just need to score a free one from shoppers with optimum points.
So you're gonna own two?
Aug 14, 2018
319 posts
288 upvotes
GTA
Will I need a 8K tv too now to play Spider-Man even though it’s upscaling 🧐🧐..

$711 for all in. Now bad.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (11 members and 5 guests)

rappa, LarryT778370, Doucet87, dcmanitopyes, johnnymental, cityhunter, napoleonz, KooJo, TechJunk, TGoyel, Suthek