Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2023 10:52 am
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Glad I pre ordered from Best Buy last night. I almost didn't because I was sure I'd be able to get one at my local EB Games this morning. They only got 6 consoles in here for pre order and there was exactly 6 people sitting infront of the store for two hours before it opened. Neutral Face Hoping Best Buy will deliver on release date but I'm highly doubting it.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2008
1064 posts
355 upvotes
Woodbridge
Microsoft will have tough time selling Series S now that Sony brought into market console with identical specs digital version just $20 more expensive than power marked down Series S
And the irony is Series X is even more expensive than 5 Disk version ...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
frugal69 wrote: Only $629

Specs
CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive

vs:

Acer Aspire Desktop, i5-10400/1TB HDD/12GB RAM $499.99 - posted Here
Missing - controller and BD 4k Drive
Add 1TB NVMe would cost $140 ish ...
People adding $300 Video Cards and still cannot beat PS5 performance !!!

you do the math ...
Can you file tax on the PS5?
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
tostaky wrote: Maybe dumb question but is the confirmation and that I will get it ?

'' Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca! We have received your order and we will process it right away.

Your method of payment will not be charged until the item(s) are shipped.''

The only reason i've gone with the Disc one is because I can borrow ps4 (and ps5 I guess) games and keep them 3 weeks at my library.
Yeah, thats it. Got the same email.
Oct 12, 2004
108 posts
186 upvotes
erexa wrote: Microsoft will have tough time selling Series S now that Sony brought into market console with identical specs digital version just $20 more expensive than power marked down Series S
It's $120 more than the Series S.
Apr 8, 2007
944 posts
450 upvotes
Guelph
erexa wrote: Microsoft will have tough time selling Series S now that Sony brought into market console with identical specs digital version just $20 more expensive than power marked down Series S
Your numbers are incorrect.

Series S is 100 dollars cheaper not 20. It is priced at 299 USD, 399 CAD. PS5 digital is 399 USD and 499 CAD.

Series X is cheaper than the PS5 disk version. Series X is 499 USD and 599 CAD, PS5 is 499 USD and 629 CAD.
Apr 1, 2018
162 posts
72 upvotes
preordered from bestbuy and amazon.
from which will I get it sooner?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2579 posts
2827 upvotes
Sony beat them to the pre-order too (ppl may put their money on the Sony first). Also the Xbox series naming is confusing Series X, PS is easy u know its the 5th one
Oct 19, 2016
690 posts
352 upvotes
manu117 wrote: Not if you have the receipt.
So if you sell it used with a receipt, the warranty i still valid - even though it was purchased with a different credit card?
Jul 9, 2009
97 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
The Series S is $379 and the PS5DE is $499.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1261 posts
273 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PS5 digital is $120 more than Xbox Series S
PS5 standard is $30 more than Xbox Series X
Oct 19, 2016
690 posts
352 upvotes
Wattsy wrote: The Series S is $379 and the PS5DE is $499.
Definitely worth an additional $120 for a fully next gen system. That is nearly the cost of one game in todays world.
Oct 10, 2012
920 posts
296 upvotes
aww best buy all sold out. i wonder if thats it until launch day?
or maybe they might open pre orders again?
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Umm...Series X is $599 in Canada. PS5 disc is $629 in Canada. The irony is Sony screwing their CDN customers, as usual.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1834 posts
2708 upvotes
Other Side of Tracks
The PS5 Digital is actually a great strategic move although it's inferior to the X it's also $100 less

The X would have no problem selling out though cause it's basically the same price as a cheap PC and it can run tons of PC apps unlike the PS5 so you can basically use it as a very general computer. For instance it can run kodi and stuff and the browser is pretty legit
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
s1gfromwpg wrote: You don't need an online subscription to play single player games, but with that being said, Sony is rolling out a lot of classic PS4 games for free on the PS5 if you subscribe to their service. It is an impressive list, especially if you haven't played them yet.

God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Final Fantasy XV, Fallout 4, Mortal Kombat X, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Ratchet & Clank, Days Gone, Until Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Battlefield 1, Infamous Second Son, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Persona 5, and Resident Evil 7
Wow amazing, super excited to play the games in bold, sold my ps4 2 years ago, haven't had the chance to play them.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
truesaiyan wrote: aww best buy all sold out. i wonder if thats it until launch day?
or maybe they might open pre orders again?
There might be some more but will depend on production and what they might want to have on hand in stores for launch. Although I'd imagine most stores will not want lineups and all the hoopla with COVID. Going by past launches, you can expect some in store or online additional stock in the weeks leading up to Xmas. Example, BB will use social media to announce there will be online availability starting at such a time. Or they have been know to just randomly release stock at various times without notice. All depends.
Aug 21, 2014
25 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
mrtvgame wrote: Umm...Series X is $599 in Canada. PS5 disc is $629 in Canada. The irony is Sony screwing their CDN customers, as usual.
no they're both selling them cheaper in canada than they are in the US, xbox just selling for even cheaper

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)