Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 12:51 am
Sep 26, 2006
109 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
OVOSound wrote: Did anyone preorder both digital and disc version on the same account?
I did. Worked for me. Will be canceling one. Not sure which one
Sep 8, 2012
143 posts
42 upvotes
EAST YORK
Disk came back in stock a few times. Keep refreshing if you really want a digital
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2648 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
so i had $125 in credit on my account which went towards disc version. If i cancel disk version can i get support to shift that credit to the digital version? if not i'll just sell the disc version when it arrives. if thats the one i decide to sell that is..
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4370 posts
1879 upvotes
Toronto
Alright boys I’m off to bed, see you 3080 boys tomorrow morning.

For the rest of you, see you in 2027 when ps6 Pre-order is out :razz:
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2045 posts
2635 upvotes
Windsor
rkoshack wrote: Was able to get one for myself to actually play. Imagine that

Nobody is actually naive enough to think they’re actually going to make a worthwhile profit off these at launch right? $50 profit maybe at best.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1789 posts
446 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote: I had the same issue than logged in front computer and it worked fine good luck
Annoying. Loaded on my pc, but unavailable now.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
madpacket wrote: Dickless version - why bother buying the gimped model? It'll have terrible resale value as well as forcing you to use an Internet connection. No thanks. I'm going to bed. Good luck to anyone else who preordered the proper version for less money than our US brethren.
I don't get why people would not just pay the $130 difference and get the Disc Based version (if they can get their hands on one) as well.

I mean benefits of Physical Disc version are the follows over Digital Only version of PS5:

1- You can still get all the games Digitally as the Digital only version...in case the Disc Drive fails at some point in the future.
2- You can Sell / Trade / Lend your Games on Disc....you can't do anything like that with the Digital version of the game. So you can actually make some money back on a Game you do not want to keep or have played through....but can't do it with a Digital Game purchase. This seems like the most obvious reason...why Disc version trumps the Digital Only version.
3- You can watch some DVDs/Blurays and Ultra HD Blurays on the Disc Based version....especially for people who are movie fans and like having a collection of Movies on Discs in their collection as well....can't do it with a Digital only version.

Maybe, at one point some 3rd Party manufacturer may find a way to hack the Digital Only version of the PS5 in the future and allow owners (who regret getting the Digital version of PS5) to connect an External Ultra HD Bluray Disc Drive to it...making it function just like the Disc Based version of the PS5? But that's a pipe-dream at this point.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Sep 17th, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)