Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 12:47 am
Jun 7, 2017
148 posts
118 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: 99% of the people here are buying them for personal use.
Lol sure they are look at all the people saying they bought at least one of each, look at all the lurkers on this thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4578 posts
3014 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: I have a factory sealed PS4 Pro Launch Edition (with Firmware 6.7)...which means it's "Moddable" so can run "Homebrews" (and more Winking Face) as well as Linux which let's it run STEAM games on it as well.

If I put it up on eBay...that baby can get me $800 for sure at least. Still thinking if I should put it up for sale or not.
I was thinking of selling my Moddable PS4's on eBay too but the eBay buyer scam worries me. I have a Moddable slim and pro.
Dec 20, 2007
158 posts
44 upvotes
vancouver
DavidA511606 wrote: Anyone else have 4 of each ready to scalp? Hope i can get like 400 profit each make like 3k hehehe
$400.......Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
2999 posts
597 upvotes
Killmassacre wrote: Definitely worth it imo. You can buy games cheaper, sell them, share them, or trade them in.

Plus you don't need to worry as much about using SSD space (it only has 825GB of storage which is what, 4 or 5 games max?)
First, most games still do a huge install, even if they have the disk. And this will be even more true on PS5, as it will need to stream the high speed assets from the SSD, so zero benefit in terms of space as they will have to be installed. The only thing is saves you is having to re-download a game, but even then not likely as the latest version will probably be a 40GB patch.

Second, the digital games I buy, at least on the xbox, I share with my family easily on multiple machines. Third, if you wait, just like the physical versions, they drop in price, a lot, so not really cheaper in terms of per unit. Trade them in yes, if you are buying the latest games on day one. In exchange, you are giving up the convenience of selecting whatever game you want without digging through disks or what room it is in, and fast switching as well.
Last edited by dvdvideo on Sep 17th, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9277 posts
1401 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: I don't get why people would not just pay the $130 difference and get the Disc Based version (if they can get their hands on one) as well.

I mean benefits of Physical Disc version are the follows over Digital Only version of PS5:

1- You can still get all the games Digitally as the Digital only version...in case the Disc Drive fails at some point in the future.
2- You can Sell / Trade / Lend your Games on Disc....you can't do anything like that with the Digital version of the game. So you can actually make some money back on a Game you do not want to keep or have played through....but can't do it with a Digital Game purchase. This seems like the most obvious reason...why Disc version trumps the Digital Only version.
3- You can watch some DVDs/Blurays and Ultra HD Blurays on the Disc Based version....especially for people who are movie fans and like having a collection of Movies on Discs in their collection as well....can't do it with a Digital only version.

Maybe, at one point some 3rd Party manufacturer may find a way to hack the Digital Only version of the PS5 in the future and allow owners (who regret getting the Digital version of PS5) to connect an External Ultra HD Bluray External Disc Drive to it...making it function just like the Disc Based version of the PS5? But that's a pipe-dream at this point.
Let's face it. Everyone who is cheap is going to buy X box series S and everyone who is into disc drives / PS will buy the PS5 disk version. No one in their right minds will buy X box series X for the same price as PS5 disk version. So, PS5 non disk version will be worthless if people see it as inferior product since I think PS store rarely do deals and live type memberships for cheap on the pennies. So in the end, Xbox series X will go on sale compare to PS5. Unless Sony feels like saturating the market, which they did for PS4 Pro less than a year since its launch and sold it for 399 on black friday.

You are right. PS5 is the better product. PS5 without disk drive will give the owner disk driveless anxiety.
Jun 7, 2017
148 posts
118 upvotes
Lol already 2400+ listing on eBay and already 1000+ preorders sold. Looks like they going for around 900 or so.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2205 posts
2953 upvotes
Windsor
LarryT778370 wrote: I am wondering if this is a deal for gamers or deal for scalpers
Both. This will cover my cost for Xbox Series X
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2757 posts
433 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Didn't Sony said weeks ago they will announce the preorder date well ahead of time? They didn't say in today's presentation that it would be today and various websites said it will start on Sept 17. The retailers jumped the gun and now it's oos everywhere. What a mess.
They sort of did, the PlayStation Canada Twitter said that preorders will start as early as this Eve and to check your fave Canadian video game store. Then less than an hour later it went up at bestbuy.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
2999 posts
597 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: Let's face it. Everyone who is cheap is going to buy X box series S and everyone who is into disc drives / PS will buy the PS5 disk version. No one in their right minds will buy X box series X for the same price as PS5 disk version. So, PS5 non disk version will be worthless if people see it as inferior product since I think PS store rarely do deals and live type memberships for cheap on the pennies. So in the end, Xbox series X will go on sale compare to PS5. Unless Sony feels like saturating the market, which they did for PS4 Pro less than a year since its launch and sold it for 399 on black friday.

You are right. PS5 is the better product. PS5 without disk drive will give the owner disk driveless anxiety.
I would, I am heavily invested in the Xbox Ecosystem, and game pass is a great value. I pre-ordered a PS5 for exclusive Sony titles only. However, I do agree, they likely do need drop the Series X a bit to compete better in this space. And series S needs to drop as well vs a $499 PS5. *** unless they are sold out everywhere.......... ***

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

traxmaxx, Casual, ryokinshin