Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:22 am
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: Was going to preorder one but now I am glad it's oos. It makes not sense buying one right now at $629 plus tax when I still have 155 PS4 physical games backlog and that's not counting the digital purchases and PS+ freebies. Also got the 3 years of GamePass from the $1 deal so I am not in a rush for next gen. PS5 games looks good but not $629 good compared to Ghost and TLoU2. I think I'll get one when I run into it at shoppers during point event.
I am in the same boat...I have a ton of unplayed PS4 games in my backlog. So it's not a huge loss...even if I didn't get it tonight.

I mean, honestly, I bought the PS4 Pro only...never the PS4...waited with my PS3 (still play it till this day) until the PS4 Pro launched then jumped on the bandwagon...and I am a PS fan since the beginning back in '94/'95.

I was thinking about waiting this time for the PS5 Pro...but thought just get it if I can since I had some Gift Card credit and then decide if I should keep it or not. I will be getting a PS5 Pro or whatever they call it...when it launches still, but that's a long 2 to 2.5 years wait. So, maybe can just trade the PS5 to the PS5 Pro...if EB Games is still around...lol.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
2969 posts
571 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: Most are review bombing though, probably didn't even play through the campaign

Anyways reviews aside, the game sold extremely well so credit where its due (even if its never getting another penny out of me)
I would be surprised if I hate it, I loved the first one a lot, but I can live with a character change. It was the combination of gameplay, balance, story and Graphics that delivered for me. Honestly it was the first time I had played a game that felt like an interactive movie without it being boring. (most try and do this with long cut scenes that put me to sleep)......
Also one of the few games I played through twice and still loved just as much the second time.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: No, paypal is the one that will screw you over. I sold a game on ebay. The buyer left me positive feedback and said he got the game. Months later the buyer did a charge back and paypal took money out of my account and refunded him. He didn't even have to send the game back so he essentially got the game for free. I showed paypal the buyer got the game and left positive feedback and paypal did nothing.
That's a major messup by PayPal...usually they are more diligent than that. In this case, an escalation to eBay would have resolved it for you, especially if you have the proof that you sent the buyer the game/item (which you should always have on hand....receipts/shipping receipts/snapshots...and even a short video as a precaution).
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4513 posts
2943 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: I'm still so torn on whether I should grab that deal as well

I'm not much of a MS gamer though so I just can't justify what GamePass does for me (yet anyways)

Once EA Play is merged then FIFA will be great (+10 hours pre-launch is tempting since that's all I need usually to finish The Journey) and I def want Burnout Paradise Remastered on PC but nothing else really catches my attention (I've already finished the Yakuza games while Ori looks amazing but just isn't my cup of tea)

I don't like Gran Turismo so not sure if I'll like Forza either while the Halo games do little for me (Gears of War 5 looked interesting initially but I already watched a walkthrough and got no interest to run through the campaign myself)

So yeah, I'm actively trying to convince myself that the deal's not for me but so far struggling with it lol

P.S. Love the Skrtel avatar! YNWA~
I use it to play third party and indie games. Don't waste your time on Microsoft Studio games.
Oct 27, 2012
395 posts
210 upvotes
solairerfd wrote: Our prices don't look as attractive as the US.
You're right they don't. But I'm still surprised. Maybe we got more PS5's per capita in Canada than the US.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1318 posts
704 upvotes
Burnaby
dvdvideo wrote: I would be surprised if I hate it, I loved the first one a lot, but I can live with a character change. It was the combination of gameplay, balance, story and Graphics that delivered for me. Honestly it was the first time I had played a game that felt like an interactive movie without it being boring. (most try and do this with long cut scenes that put me to sleep)......
Also one of the few games I played through twice and still loved just as much the second time.
I don't know if you'll like the new characters as they are worlds apart from the first game and the story is undoubtedly weaker (pretty much everyone agrees on this) but both gameplay and (obviously) graphics are significantly better

So yeah, if you liked TLOU for the blend of the above then I agree you'll like TLOU 2. I just had different reasons for loving the first game and the second game stomps, crushes and trashes all over every single one of them
Last edited by kooltilltheen on Sep 17th, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
powderskull wrote: Yeah, sellers get screwed easily on eBay/PP. Would not flip valuable/sought after shit on there lol
Remember that time when PS4 came out in 2013...and this guy in the U.S. returned a PS4 to Walmart...only for the next person to buy it and open the box in the Walmart Parking lot to find the PS4 was not there and only had bags of rocks in it (probably weighing as much as what the PS4 weighed)?

Also, scammers again in the U.S. who made fake website pages on Amazon (making Walmart staff think that it's sold by Amazon themselves) that were selling the PS4 for $99.99 and would then price-match at Walmart that fake Amazon sale price?

So many scams can happen anywhere, I guess.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1318 posts
704 upvotes
Burnaby
WL1980 wrote: I use it to play third party and indie games. Don't waste your time on Microsoft Studio games.
Even then though, there's not that many quality games in the collection (from what I can tell)

The AAA third party games stick around for way less than an year so are basically little more than a luck of the draw

Indies yes there's a few good ones. But $160 bucks to play indies (albeit over 36 months)? Not sure I could stomach that
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
kooltilltheen wrote: You're getting this with the console if it helps (doubt it lol)

It just occurred to me that Astro is basically like the Robot version of Sackboy...looks almost like him but in a Robot Form. Anyone think the same? lol
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: No it's extremely easy now, Just load a web page and press a button and that's it.
Nice...I am glad modding is becoming more accessible.

Well...at least for those who can get their hands on the older consoles with moddable firmwares...which are not so easy these days. Most people just update their firmware automatically on their consoles...or buy the majority of consoles out there that have higher firmware than version 6.72 (or lower FW versions for that matter)
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Sep 17th, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11629 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Basically the same process for each of the 4 "main" exploitable firmwares. Stability can vary though.
How can Stability be affected? Kindly explain...you mean compatibility with the software running on them?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4513 posts
2943 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: Even then though, there's not that many quality games in the collection (from what I can tell)

The AAA third party games stick around for way less than an year so are basically little more than a luck of the draw

Indies yes there's a few good ones. But $160 bucks to play indies (albeit over 36 months)? Not sure I could stomach that
Usually it's around 3 months to 1 year. I played Devil May Cry 5 on Gamepass when the game was still selling for $80. Now you can play Yakuza collection, Ace Combat 7, Dragon Quest XI, Disgaea 4, Bloodstained, Street of Rage 4, Kingdom Hearts, Spirit Farer, Cross Code. I think it's worth it.

Thread Information

There are currently 18 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 6 guests)

gldentiger, MrJohnny, suyue7, nich1525, BaptisteD81634, Murkdx, RageOfFury, Tha_Doggg, stripesandsocks, nelly29, TML1319, Spurs1