Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2023 10:52 am
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
Grabbed mine easily yesterday. Not sure why people weren't periodically checking the websites for pre-orders after the announcement.
Nov 7, 2013
304 posts
166 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
kaiseki wrote: Grabbed mine easily yesterday. Not sure why people weren't periodically checking the websites for pre-orders after the announcement.
Because the event specifically stated 'pre-orders starting tomorrow'.
Nov 23, 2015
103 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Str8Grumpz wrote: So the online pre-sales got snatched up in about 8 hrs. But don't worry, they'll be easy to find on launch day.

Ok...
Step 1: Find someone that pre-ordered
Step 2: Wait for launch day
Step 3: Go to their house

See that was easy to find!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8559 upvotes
GTA
renegadeavenger wrote:
Totally.. It was not funny.. For those genuine members that thought was real and tried honestly to protect information of the person thank you. But of course we have other people end of spectrum which probably did try using credit card to order something..

Not a funny post anyways in my opinion.
madpacket wrote: Keep in mind fraud works in many ways.

The supplied credit card could be stolen and the user who willingly posted the number may be attempting to get a good person here to execute the crime on their behalf without them ever knowing.
I agree, and honestly it sounds like a bannable (sp?) offense to me. Even if the CC was fake it promotes unsafe internet behaviour and possibly theft. What would mods think, @Redmask ?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
buhfellow wrote: Preorders sold out.. Is it better to get one at the store on launch day or Black Friday?
Not really sure why people think BF will have a brand new launch item on sale or even available...
Dec 25, 2015
44 posts
47 upvotes
o4komodo wrote: SDM bonus point redemption ends on the 23 or so... So I'm assuming that's when their preorders start.

Guess I'll keep saving my points and wait a little later to get the PS5 to make the most use out of my points.
How do you pre-order from shoppers? I have never seen the ability to preorder anything from them.
Dec 8, 2009
678 posts
441 upvotes
Edmonton
kaiseki wrote: Grabbed mine easily yesterday. Not sure why people weren't periodically checking the websites for pre-orders after the announcement.
I watched the announcement but didn't bother checking since I didn't think it would go OOS this quick. I did end up getting 2 from amazon but damn, it wasn't anywhere near this hard to get a PS4 at launch.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
buhfellow wrote: Preorders sold out.. Is it better to get one at the store on launch day or Black Friday?
There might be some limited stock for launch in stores. However, given COVID I cannot imagine many stores want to entertain the traditional lines and hoopla that surrounds it.
Black Friday is not special for console launches in general. The biggies (Walmart, Target, etc.) have already stated they are not doing traditional Black Friday sales due to covid.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2574 posts
2827 upvotes
I did was not available, then when it was saw sold out no stock
Last edited by torontokris on Sep 17th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8559 upvotes
GTA
I don't understand the Black Friday mentality. Is it that some people think waiting 2 months will make stock appear, or retailers will hold stock for 2 months to offer it at a lower price? Black Friday will have PS4 deals, but PS5? Nooooo...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Anyone having luck with in store pre-orders at The Source? Let us know location, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2850 posts
501 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I don't understand the Black Friday mentality. Is it that some people think waiting 2 months will make stock appear, or retailers will hold stock for 2 months to offer it at a lower price? Black Friday will have PS4 deals, but PS5? Nooooo...
What they are thinking is that since it is a "hot" item this season, when BF comes retailers will open up stock in order to entice people to come and shop at their stores.
Jul 10, 2019
223 posts
234 upvotes
Lifesaver69 wrote: Step 1: Find someone that pre-ordered
Step 2: Wait for launch day
Step 3: Go to their house

See that was easy to find!
True, very true.
Dec 1, 2006
972 posts
87 upvotes
London, ON
Went to walmart, staples, shoppers no luck

2 people away at ebgames and told just sold out of PS5's!!! So close!

The source had to pay in full and they only had disc only but 13th on the list so might not get it on launch day!
Nov 26, 2013
318 posts
120 upvotes
Surrey, BC
mrtvgame wrote: There might be some limited stock for launch in stores. However, given COVID I cannot imagine many stores want to entertain the traditional lines and hoopla that surrounds it.
Black Friday is not special for console launches in general. The biggies (Walmart, Target, etc.) have already stated they are not doing traditional Black Friday sales due to covid.
Also keep in mind that they are already down by 4 million units or so. This time they just were not able to make enough product to meet demand and will be releasing units in waves.
It's going to be a real hassle finding one this holiday season, oof!
Apr 23, 2013
127 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Good luck with you, you still believe that you can easily find a decent buyer and get some extra money without worrying about to get scammed or robbed at a cold November morning.
TruE SkiLLS wrote: well. can you say you can make $50 to $100 within a span of 5-10 minute work?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3955 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP! Can't wait for this to come out, totally obliterates xbox.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8559 upvotes
GTA
Aero wrote: What they are thinking is that since it is a "hot" item this season, when BF comes retailers will open up stock in order to entice people to come and shop at their stores.
But is that how BF works? I always saw it as a way to entice people to shop with their lower-tier items on sale. That top of the line 80" Sony OLED TV probably won't go on sale, but the 50" 1080p Vizio definitely will. Maybe I'm wrong?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
ilovevideogames wrote: Also keep in mind that they are already down by 4 million units or so. This time they just were not able to make enough product to meet demand and will be releasing units in waves.
It's going to be a real hassle finding one this holiday season, oof!
Well then nothing new really. This has been the same for all console launches since the PS2 days. Limited, some waves, wide availability by the following summer, followed by additional shortages in the following holiday season when pricing may be reduced for BF deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)