Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1399 posts
754 upvotes
Burnaby
WL1980 wrote: Usually it's around 3 months to 1 year. I played Devil May Cry 5 on Gamepass when the game was still selling for $80. Now you can play Yakuza collection, Ace Combat 7, Dragon Quest XI, Disgaea 4, Bloodstained, Street of Rage 4, Kingdom Hearts, Spirit Farer, Cross Code. I think it's worth it.
I think I'm probably not seeing the Pass's real value since I've already played majority of the games you listed there

That said, if I didn't pay and play them (and I certainly wouldn't have if I had the pass), I'd def see a lot more value in it.

You're pushing me towards a purchase again lol

The other thing is Costco doesn't accept Amex and I wanted to use Amex to get closer to getting my welcome bonus offer...using my other cards (with no welcome bonus) just feels dirty nowadays lol
Last edited by kooltilltheen on Sep 17th, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3321 posts
3279 upvotes
Alberta
Scorpionsy wrote: How can Stability be affected? Kindly explain...you mean compatibility with the software running on them?
The stability of the exploit itself. Exploits inherently destabilizes the system and the success rate to trigger each exploit can vary based on achieving the race condition. Since the patches are only applied to memory, there is basically no risk of bricking though. Each reboot restores the system back to stock.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11697 posts
2673 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: The stability of the exploit itself. Exploits inherently destabilizes the system and the success rate to trigger each exploit can vary based on achieving the race condition. Since the patches are only applied to memory, there is basically no risk of bricking though. Each reboot restores the system back to stock.
Thanks for explaining that point.

But are you saying that some exploits are more stable depending on the Stock FW on the Console?

Which FW would be more stable to exploit....an earlier FW like 3.7 or a later one like 6.72?
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3321 posts
3279 upvotes
Alberta
Scorpionsy wrote: Thanks for explaining that point.

But are you saying that some exploits are more stable depending on the Stock FW on the Console?

Which FW would be more stable to exploit....an earlier FW like 3.7 or a later one like 6.72?
IMO, the 5.05 exploit is probably the most stable, but lacks the benefits of decrypting later 6.72 games. I've updated to 6.72 and it's mostly fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2199 posts
2947 upvotes
Windsor
Scorpionsy wrote: Thanks for explaining that point.

Nobody. Some saying they have 2 of the same ps4 model same fw but different results.
Each ps4 is different so u need to find the best fw/method for yours.
Jul 16, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
I just put in an order on walmart for the disc version, one of you might be able too!

also i did not get charged yet. Does anyone know if Walmart waits to charge until its shipped?
Oct 19, 2016
385 posts
135 upvotes
BrunoH43729 wrote: I just put in an order on walmart for the disc version, one of you might be able too!

also i did not get charged yet. Does anyone know if Walmart waits to charge until its shipped?
And it's gone. They charge when the ship.
Jul 28, 2007
749 posts
1184 upvotes
Calgary
Digital at walmart still showing in stock. I added it to my cart on my phone with the blue pre-order button.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstatio ... 0202198823

Edit: I guess everyone is asleep because this has been available way longer than Amazon.ca was. I'm going to sleep so apologies if this sells out.
Last edited by Dunderhead on Sep 17th, 2020 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 13, 2012
365 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
pre-ordered the standard edition on amazon when it went live...thanks to everyone who provided info here!

have a small question about the ps5 apps if anyone knows....i use the sportsnet app on my ps4 to stream online, will the ps5 have the same apps as the ps4 available at launch? and don't laugh but i use the internet browser on the ps4 as well from time to time Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jul 16, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
SudburyMan wrote: And it's gone. They charge when the ship.
ok cool thx, didnt really want to blow $700 today lol.

I was literally about to shut my PC off and go to sleep, I missed a restock on the disc less version twice before I realized I should create an account. If you're going to stay up i would keep trying.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2191 posts
686 upvotes
Burnaby
SudburyMan wrote: And it's gone. They charge when the ship.
Keep trying. Mine eventually went through, remove from cart, add to cart, rinse and repeat

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 2 guests)

MobiusZX, flair.14, Doucet87, hairyco, Hidrosmen, sovogil, newfbc, kuokai, akhohd