Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2023 10:52 am
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
o4komodo wrote: SDM bonus point redemption ends on the 23 or so... So I'm assuming that's when their preorders start.

Guess I'll keep saving my points and wait a little later to get the PS5 to make the most use out of my points.
I didn't know SDM even had pre-sale orders. I was just planning to swing by shoppers after Nov 11 and hope for the best.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks to everyone that bought mine for 1300
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
I am curious why The Source website stated that the PS5 will be shipped on November 19th....yet the in-store pre-orders can be shipped/delivered on November 13?

I think that this might be a date mistake in terms of shipping date...why would they wait to ship it on November 19th instead of on launch date of November 13?

I know it's only a week difference, no biggie for those who ordered it from them....but it's just strange.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2286 upvotes
BC
blackbirdman wrote: Thanks OP! Can't wait for this to come out, totally obliterates xbox.
It does? How?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
christonian wrote: Went to walmart, staples, shoppers no luck

2 people away at ebgames and told just sold out of PS5's!!! So close!
I heard ebgames stores only get or allow 10-20 preorders.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
not sure if I will still take a chance at EB as I have existing credits with them... what are the legit numbers allotted per store?
I pre-ordered with amazon but would prefer using my credits...
or maybe just use it for the games and accessories...
Dec 28, 2009
774 posts
260 upvotes
People already selling their pre-orders on Kijiji. Asking for like a $100 deposit to "secure" the console. And with the 2021 supply delay, it seems that PS5 price will go even higher..
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3958 posts
5641 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Feegus wrote: It does? How?
PS has always. and will always. Better gaming experience hands down, and legendary titles. IMO anywyas
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
seekbuty wrote: Good luck with you, you still believe that you can easily find a decent buyer and get some extra money without worrying about to get scammed or robbed at a cold November morning.
I didn't say I was reselling... but lolol, clearly you don't know the resell market. Sorry, this is a $700 item, not a $7000 item. I've sold used stuff for more than $700
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
I think that Sony has to make up for their mistake of allowing retailers to launch the pre-orders early (breaking the usual do-not-sell-before date)...by making sure another batch of pre-orders stock is released and gives proper ample heads up time of that date/time. This will allow for people who missed out on the first Pre-Orders to at least get a FAIR chance of trying to lock a pre-order in.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8662 upvotes
GTA
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Thanks to everyone that bought mine for 1300
You're welcome dude!
Be smart though, just don't spend the 1300 Mexican Pesos I paid you all in one place. Spread it out across various Dollaramas.
c'mon get happy!
Apr 23, 2013
127 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Dude, where did you get that information from?
braveblade wrote: PlayStation 5 console
SKU: 6000202198563
UPC: 71171911111
Price: $629.96
Online stock: 20000 (AcceptingPreorder)
Sold by: Walmart
Apr 1, 2018
162 posts
72 upvotes
lol ya good luck with that
Scorpionsy wrote: I think that Sony has to make up for their mistake of allowing retailers to launch the pre-orders early (breaking the usual do-not-sell-before date)...by making sure another batch of pre-orders stock is released and gives proper ample heads up time of that date/time. This will allow for people who missed out on the first Pre-Orders to at least get a FAIR chance of trying to lock a pre-order in.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Scorpionsy wrote: I am curious why The Source website stated that the PS5 will be shipped on November 19th....yet the in-store pre-orders can be shipped/delivered on November 13?

I think that this might be a date mistake in terms of shipping date...why would they wait to ship it on November 19th instead of on launch date of November 13?

I know it's only a week difference, no biggie for those who ordered it from them....but it's just strange.
It's just how their system is set to default. When you pre-ordered they were clear that if you chose in store, it would be waiting for you on launch day. That tells us they expect them in the warehouse probably no later than Nov. 9 with possibility of the week prior.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2850 posts
501 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: But is that how BF works? I always saw it as a way to entice people to shop with their lower-tier items on sale. That top of the line 80" Sony OLED TV probably won't go on sale, but the 50" 1080p Vizio definitely will. Maybe I'm wrong?
Does it matter what they put in their door crasher special? TV, a game console, tablet, kitchen sink, phone, etc... As long as you have something people are interested in, just put it in.
Sep 22, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
anyone know how to cancel the pre-order from The Source?

their customer service is horrible
Feb 26, 2018
120 posts
244 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: not sure if I will still take a chance at EB as I have existing credits with them... what are the legit numbers allotted per store?
I pre-ordered with amazon but would prefer using my credits...
or maybe just use it for the games and accessories...
If you were asking this at noon and not standing in line, you're probably out of luck by the time you even make it there
Oct 10, 2012
920 posts
296 upvotes
quetzpro wrote: waiting for the second wave

of the ps5 stocks
I want that second wave nowwwww
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1357 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
for everyone considering pre-ordering just to resell, shame on you
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1211 posts
920 upvotes
Kitchener
managed to place an order in-store at the Source. They took the full amount of $711, hope they fulfill the order. First went to EB games, stood in the line for 30 mins, after taking 5 to 6 orders the guy comes and tells everyone that they are sold out of pre order.
Last edited by caraj4u on Sep 17th, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.