Ongoing Deal Discussion

PlayStation 5 (PS5) pre-orders are up (Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 7:15 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5013 posts
458 upvotes
Looked at it for a while last night, then just couldn't say yes to it. PS3 I waited until there was an ok deal for the slim. PS4 I think I got 6 months after launch only because Shop.ca had some pretty crazy cashback through eBates/Rakuten. I still have a ton of free stuff that I have some interest playing through just buying used or the PS+ stuff (which I only play periodically). The only thing I buy brand new is Fifa each year. Also have a decent amount of PC Optimum points saved up in case (yes I'm aware might be ridiculously hard to find but I'm not pressed for one). Crossed my mind the resale route to cover cost of my own at some point but no. For what it was worth, the only one I had my eyes on was the one with the disc drive.
Jan 31, 2006
82 posts
39 upvotes
Bleachway wrote: This... wake up to find out it's all gone.
I like how they offer email sign up to be notified when you can order but you either a) dont get the email or b) get it after its sold out :)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2699 posts
597 upvotes
Scarborough
RiftOfChaos wrote: Why is that?
Heard horror stories of them cancelling order, or not fulfilling their orders fast enough, and also they charge your cc the full amount up front temporarily. Best Buy and Amazon do it right. No charge until its about to ship. They are also great with console preorders.
Oct 27, 2012
440 posts
232 upvotes
xlangis wrote: I got an e-mail from my Walmart order from last night saying it's back ordered and my shipping date is pushed back : (
Walmart Canada has already tweeted saying to basically ignore that email. It was sent in error. Mostly everyone got that email too.
Jan 31, 2006
82 posts
39 upvotes
TDotHacker wrote: I wouldn't touch Walmart with a 10 ft pole for console preorders
I cant speak for consoles but for games they have been great for day 1 delivery. They have a walmart gaming canada twitter account that is pretty active which makes me think they want to be more of a gaming retailer
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1740 posts
1200 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: Why is that?
Does it really matter?
Does it make the deal hotter?

Don’t play into their Facebook style “well, that just happened” post.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2699 posts
597 upvotes
Scarborough
stbrown22 wrote: I like how they offer email sign up to be notified when you can order but you either a) dont get the email or b) get it after its sold out :)
Yes but we kinda all knew this was gonna happen...
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4771 posts
3192 upvotes
Toronto and London
TDotHacker wrote: Heard horror stories of them cancelling order, or not fulfilling their orders fast enough, and also they charge your cc the full amount up front temporarily. Best Buy and Amazon do it right. No charge until its about to ship. They are also great with console preorders.
I've had nothing but success on pre ordered games, in fact better than other retailers. I heard they ship from the largest videogame warehouse in North America?

Now I have never pre ordered a console from them but I rather pre order from a Big 2 retailer with other one being Amazon.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2699 posts
597 upvotes
Scarborough
stbrown22 wrote: I cant speak for consoles but for games they have been great for day 1 delivery. They have a walmart gaming canada twitter account that is pretty active which makes me think they want to be more of a gaming retailer
thats interesting maybe they've gotten better. Luckily I got orders from Amazon and bb already
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2699 posts
597 upvotes
Scarborough
RiftOfChaos wrote: I've had nothing but success on pre ordered games, in fact better than other retailers. I heard they ship from the largest videogame warehouse in North America?

Now I have never pre ordered a console from them but I rather pre order from a Big 2 retailer with other one being Amazon.
Good to know. Yea bb and amazon is always preferred for their reliable console launches. At least that's how it's been for me...
Jan 10, 2011
439 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa
Canada_7 wrote: Crossed my mind the resale route to cover cost of my own at some point but no. For what it was worth, the only one I had my eyes on was the one with the disc drive.
Thank you for not doing that and allowing people who really wants it to play it to get one.
Aug 13, 2009
148 posts
34 upvotes
I've tried to check out from Walmart for a hour over and over. No dice
Sep 20, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
I was able to get a digital edition off Bestbuy. I didn't see an option for in store pickup. Maybe I was rushing too quick and missed it, but didn't notice it as an option.

Was anyone able to pick in store pickup from Bestbuy? I'll call them today to see if there's a way to change it, but was just wondering.
Jul 13, 2014
139 posts
42 upvotes
Canada
I wonder if Amazon will get more in stock. That was a dick move by them

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 8 guests)

Eren93, FabulousHair, Ssjr14, Hidrosmen, sammygc, logitechG5, clseea