• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2022 10:25 am
[OP]
Nov 3, 2010
228 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga

PlayStation 5 where to buy?

hello, not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but here it goes, where to buy a PS5 ?

my last gaming console was PS3 that I bought off Target during their close out sale for mere 80$ , It has been long time since, and I do not know where to score one now, all the usual places are out of stock all the time
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3927 posts
1382 upvotes
Belle River
Gamespot stores told me to call every day around the time they get their deliveries, which is different for each store you have to ask. I was in Gamestop a few days ago and they told me (one store maybe different for others) they were only getting one more shipment of PS5 for this year.

There's also those Twitter accounts and I think there's Twitch channels as well that run stock checking bots to help people catch stock, I don't have the links/names handy. The last stock I know of was just the other night at Walmart, it was posted on RFD and seems like a lot of people managed to get one.
Dec 14, 2021
1 posts
Is there a website that shows which games can be played ps4 with ps5 users? ie - Battlefield won't allow it
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1295 posts
1021 upvotes
Ottawa
Battlefield certainly does, I use ps4 and game with friends on ps5 regularly.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3927 posts
1382 upvotes
Belle River
MO454008 wrote: Is there a website that shows which games can be played ps4 with ps5 users? ie - Battlefield won't allow it
Maybe you had a problem due to match size, previous gen cannot play the new 128 player (64v64) matches.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4682 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary
Walmart is the easiest online store to get it from. Since they have some measures in place against bots. Amazon, bestbuy, and GameStop site is just trash when stock comes in
teksavvy sucks
[OP]
Nov 3, 2010
228 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga
thank you, following the tweeter feed and reddit's
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2339 posts
1474 upvotes
hystavito wrote: Gamespot stores told me to call every day around the time they get their deliveries, which is different for each store you have to ask. I was in Gamestop a few days ago and they told me (one store maybe different for others) they were only getting one more shipment of PS5 for this year.

There's also those Twitter accounts and I think there's Twitch channels as well that run stock checking bots to help people catch stock, I don't have the links/names handy. The last stock I know of was just the other night at Walmart, it was posted on RFD and seems like a lot of people managed to get one.
This is how I got one and seems like the only reliable way. Called every store daily for about a week or so until one had one in stock. They acted super shady when I showed up shortly after but that’s a story for another day…
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3019 posts
1518 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Seem like SDM got their shipment today. I got myself one, didn't expect it actually. Literally ran inside the store right to the cashier. Was hoping no one in front of me was looking for one. No one did Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23504 posts
8394 upvotes
Shoppers Drug Mart if you are lucky. Bought 2 that way, including one last week...
Dec 24, 2010
233 posts
57 upvotes
I did not see any playstations disc 5 available yet with the major retailers. Have been checking them everyday. Is there a way i can know when they are in stock before scalpers buy them
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
alexsteward wrote: I did not see any playstations disc 5 available yet with the major retailers. Have been checking them everyday. Is there a way i can know when they are in stock before scalpers buy them
alexsteward wrote: I did not see any playstations disc 5 available yet with the major retailers. Have been checking them everyday. Is there a way i can know when they are in stock before scalpers buy them
johncraven wrote: Lbabinz discord or twitter

good luck
As johncraven posted previously
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2394 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been following Lbabinz for two months now. Every single time he posted a PS5, it was often some crazy bundle over $1,000, and in any case it was always sold out by the time I clicked on the links. They all sell out within 5 minutes or so, so even if you follow all the right channels and have all the right alerts on your phone, you still have to be extremely fast and lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
Niklasky wrote: I've been following Lbabinz for two months now. Every single time he posted a PS5, it was often some crazy bundle over $1,000, and in any case it was always sold out by the time I clicked on the links. They all sell out within 5 minutes or so, so even if you follow all the right channels and have all the right alerts on your phone, you still have to be extremely fast and lucky.
I had to get a Costco bundle and it still sold out in about 10 minutes. And that was around summer when it wasn't as crazy as now.
If you want a current-gen console, be prepared to pay more one way or the other. Retailers are generally bundling them, which is bad because it raises the price but good because it slows down resellers. A tiny bit.
c'mon get happy!
Dec 3, 2013
956 posts
1507 upvotes
Somewhere over the r…
BernardRyder wrote: I had to get a Costco bundle and it still sold out in about 10 minutes. And that was around summer when it wasn't as crazy as now.
If you want a current-gen console, be prepared to pay more one way or the other. Retailers are generally bundling them, which is bad because it raises the price but good because it slows down resellers. A tiny bit.
I caved more than once and bought from resellers every time. I didn't have the patience or time to spend calling 15 GameStop stores every morning and check stock online. I always started that way. it would lasted 4-5 days and the I said screw it and went on marketplace.
Oct 12, 2005
732 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Worriedone wrote: I caved more than once and bought from resellers every time. I didn't have the patience or time to spend calling 15 GameStop stores every morning and check stock online. I always started that way. it would lasted 4-5 days and the I said screw it and went on marketplace.
I'm caving too.. but the problem with any reseller or marketplace is that how do I know I'm getting the legit PS5 working. what's the best strategy? Can you guys share? Marketplace seems to have the best deals, but just not sure who to trust. It's not like you're just throwing around chump change
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6279 posts
6577 upvotes
GTA
deals newbie wrote: I'm caving too.. but the problem with any reseller or marketplace is that how do I know I'm getting the legit PS5 working. what's the best strategy? Can you guys share? Marketplace seems to have the best deals, but just not sure who to trust. It's not like you're just throwing around chump change
If you don't know whether you can trust a reseller, then that's a sign you shouldn't be going with a reseller. If you can't see it in working condition, don't give them any money. The moment you walk away all "guarantees" are void.
I was just on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread in Shopping Discussion. It's a long shot but check out the Amazon deals too, someone just posted they bought a PS5 from there. I've never seen one posted, but you have 30 days with them at least, and paid less than $500. Like I said, very long shot, but at least more reputable than a reseller.
c'mon get happy!
Oct 12, 2005
732 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: If you don't know whether you can trust a reseller, then that's a sign you shouldn't be going with a reseller. If you can't see it in working condition, don't give them any money. The moment you walk away all "guarantees" are void.
I was just on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread in Shopping Discussion. It's a long shot but check out the Amazon deals too, someone just posted they bought a PS5 from there. I've never seen one posted, but you have 30 days with them at least, and paid less than $500. Like I said, very long shot, but at least more reputable than a reseller.
Thanks! Will keep an eye out. Long shot doesn't matter where I look. I definitely ask to see working condition.. if seller don't want to then definitely walk away. you never know if it's bricked or have issues or not.