Playstation Hits - PS4

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 11:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
barcathegreat wrote: Oh I know but he was making what I felt like a stupid post that these have been bargin bin (retail) for 10 bucks.
How is it stupid when it's true?

Bloodborne
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadowfall

... I can say without question. Others have pointed many others.

If you think Killzone Shadowfall for $29.99 is a "deal", by all means buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
Jep4444 wrote: IIRC, that price point was for grey market resale of keys, not on psn but I could be wrong.
According to PSPRICES it has dropped $9.99USD a few times and $7.99USD as recently as April.

I'm not going to link them for everyone, just look yourself, but Killzone was $3.99USD 2 weeks ago.

But hey barca, it's your money.
Last edited by raspeed on Jun 19th, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: According to PSPRICES it has dropped $9.99USD a few times and $7.99USD as recently as April.
That's on psn? If so I stand corrected lol.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
barcathegreat wrote: I'll entertain this: tell us which ones you got for 10 bucks
I got Infamous SS and LBP3 for 96-cents.
Jun 13, 2018
2 posts
lollerskatez wrote: PS4-only title.
Yeah, as parzival said, PS4 Exclusive and First-Party games are not the same thing. In fact, only half of the 14 Canadian Playstation Hits games are First-Party:
1. DriveClub
2. LittleBigPlanet 3
3. Uncharted 4
4. Last of Us Remastered
5. inFamous Second Son
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Killzone Shadow Fall

The other 7 (8 in the US) are all 3rd party
1. BloodBorne (From Software)
2. Yakuza 0 (Sega)
3. Yakuza Kiwami (Sega)
4. Street Fighter V (Capcom)
5. Metal Gear Solid V (Konami)
6. Project Cars (Bandai Namco)
7. Battlefield 4 (EA)
8. Doom (Bethesda)

Oh and speaking of Doom, it is indeed part of the Playstation Hits line, but only in the US it seems: https://flic.kr/p/Ld2oij
Last edited by AlexN11 on Jun 19th, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1008 posts
1528 upvotes
raspeed wrote: How is it stupid when it's true?

Bloodborne
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadowfall

... I can say without question. Others have pointed many others.

If you think Killzone Shadowfall for $29.99 is a "deal", by all means buy it.
Write and read properly.. you mentioned bottom of bargain bins and hence I clearly noted it's stupid as it has almost never been that cheap in retail, let alone bargain bin which would indicate a permanent price by at least some retailers. The issue isn't whether it's worth it or not (like your KZ SF example) but whether you are being hyperbolic with your statement.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
barcathegreat wrote: Write and read properly.. you mentioned bottom of bargain bins and hence I clearly noted it's stupid as it has almost never been that cheap in retail, let alone bargain bin which would indicate a permanent price by at least some retailers. The issue isn't whether it's worth it or not (like your KZ SF example) but whether you are being hyperbolic with your statement.
As stated, many of these titles have been in bargain bins over the years for $10. You can try and twist your words or mine whichever way you like, or you could just admit your post was wrong and move on.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Jep4444 wrote: IIRC, that price point was for grey market resale of keys, not on psn but I could be wrong.
Nope I got it for around that price on PSN. Infamous SS and Killzone I got for like $5-10 on PSN as well. $20 for these old games is a pretty poor price but if people want the discs then it is what it is
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes
Killzone Shadow Fall was $3.99CAD in the PSN Best of E3 sale (ended this morning at 11am).
Apr 4, 2010
501 posts
137 upvotes
parzival wrote: Only 7 of the 14 games listed here are first party. A console exclusive game is not necessarily first party. If a Sony game is first party, it means they own the studio that developed it.

Not "first-party":

Metal Gear, Project Cars, and Battlefield 4 (not even platform exclusive, obviously).

Also not "first party":

Bloodborne (From Software)
Street Fighter V (Capcom)
Yakuza 0 and Kiwami (Sega)
It seems I confused the meaning of first party and exclusives. I meant exclusives then. The only one is Metal Gear in the CAD list.
Jun 13, 2018
2 posts
lollerskatez wrote: It seems I confused the meaning of first party and exclusives. I meant exclusives then. The only one is Metal Gear in the CAD list.
Battlefield 4 and Project Cars are also not exclusive to PS4 on the Canadian list.
Dec 31, 2006
935 posts
764 upvotes
Xon wrote: IIRC Last of Us Remastered was $11.99 a couple of times on PSN.
shop.ca had it for 19.99 a couple of months after it came out that was a really good site for a while
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Already beat Yakuza 0 three years ago when it was brand new in Hong Kong. (I played the Chinese version) Not so sure I wanna drown in another 200 hours on the English version especially with no vita app for grinding up my levels. Kiwami on the other hand, I can deal with.
Dec 21, 2011
57 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is an old thread but Yakuza 0 is actually 19.99$ with no tax in the PlayStation store. This is the lowest price it has been so far. Same price for Yakuza kiwami.
Apr 28, 2014
90 posts
19 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Looks like I got prematurely excited. Uncharted 4 was my primary interest and it's $29.99. Looking back at their post, it explicitly said "for $19.99 USD" for US and "starting at $19.99 CAD" for Canada. Checking amazon, both Yakuza games are also at ~$30. The games still got their price cut but I wouldn't be surprised that no game actually made a drop to $19.99 and those that are $19.99 were already that low long ago.

...Physically, anyways. Based on above post, I guess the Yakuza games are $19.99 digitally.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)