Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] Playstation Plus October 2020 (Need for Speed Payback + Vampyr )

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1672 posts
3449 upvotes

[Sony Online Entertainment] Playstation Plus October 2020 (Need for Speed Payback + Vampyr )

Retailer:
Sony Online Entertainment
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
w4e534543.JPG

These games will go live for plus on Oct 6th 2020, during the weekly store update.

Links to the games:

Need for Speed Payback

Vampyr

All PS Plus Free Games

Note to all : in order have access to these games, you will require an active PS Plus membership subscription.
47 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6193 posts
4444 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent. Two games I am interested in trying out but would have never purchased directly. Solid month.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1612 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto
I have been on the fence about buying Vampyr and almost pulled the trigger numerous times. Thank you Sony for making the decision for me LOL
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Feb 22, 2020
53 posts
56 upvotes
Know Nothing on Vampyr. Have been itching to play a racing game.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3644 posts
3701 upvotes
Ottawa
Already own both games - which is a good sign.

While they're both cheap games now (I got Vampyr from the Source for $10 almost a year ago), and while one of them is on PS Now, this is a fantastic month. Just not for me. :)
Tampa Bay Lightning ⚡ 2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3880 posts
3630 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Damn guess I got burned buying Vampyr when it hit $19.99 earlier this year cause I thought it would never go lower (cause it hadn't despite being out for over a year and a half at that point). I still haven't played beyond the opening part lol
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2031 posts
1855 upvotes
Whitby
More free stuff. Sweet. Ps5 is going to be loaded doooooooooooooooooown.
Oct 19, 2009
283 posts
164 upvotes
dyalect wrote: More free stuff. Sweet. Ps5 is going to be loaded doooooooooooooooooown.
There will be totally madness:

Jan 26, 2011
211 posts
573 upvotes
Scarborough
Need For Speed Payback is the worst one this generation, but hey free is free. Tuning your car is some mish mash of mobile game RNG booster card pack garbage under the guise of gambling in not-Las Vegas. Have fun.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1415 posts
517 upvotes
Narkham
Despite the mediocre (poor) reviews, I actually enjoyed NFS: Payback. To be frank it's slightly grindy, it forces you to do night time "illegal" races to raise your REP in order to unlock more cars/parts (cops show up to bust the races). Cops are overpowered, driving is a bit mushy but the variety of races available is nice. You can drift/drag/off-road/street and you don't need to do all of them to progress, pick and choose what you like.

Good selection of cars, some with amazing customization options, others not so much. You can pretty much use a single car to get through the whole game.

Well worth the time to play around casually and customize cars.
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2097 posts
1545 upvotes
Waterloo
eforblue wrote: There will be totally madness:

In text form for those that don't want to see the video:

"It's essentially a catalogue of blockbuster PS4 games that you'll be able to download and play as soon as you have your PS5.

The following games are included:

God of War
Bloodborne
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout 4
Mortal Kombat X
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Ratchet & Clank
Days Gone
Until Dawn
Detroit: Become Human
Battlefield 1
inFAMOUS Second Son
Batman Arkham Knight
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Persona 5
Resident Evil 7"

Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09 ... _ps4_games
May 10, 2010
514 posts
788 upvotes
London
Vampyr is a lot of fun. There's a lot of replayability depending on what path you take.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1512 posts
484 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Wow, great games.

Much better than XBOX live
Feb 19, 2020
84 posts
52 upvotes
Once you get the games and unsubscribe from Ps+ do you still own them? Also will the list of November Ps+ games be enhanced for the Ps5 or just be a straight up ports?