Expired Hot Deals

[PlayStation Store] Call of duty: cold war (17-25% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2021 3:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Jun 12, 2019
258 posts
378 upvotes

[PlayStation Store] Call of duty: cold war (17-25% off)

I haven't been able to find any sales on this game yet , other than the glitch a few months ago that I was unable to get.

I understand with 20* the points at shoppers you could get it for a little cheaper , but I would rather the game be digital too.

Maybe this is a sign we might see a permanent drop in price in the coming months.

Standard pack --- 59.99(25% off)
Cross-Gen bundle --- 70.19(22% off)
Ultimate edition --- 99.59(17% off)


**Edit**
After searching they ran the same promo at the end of December
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 4th, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
30 replies
Member
May 14, 2007
211 posts
55 upvotes
If you play warzone at all, you might as well get it as all of the future seasons including this one will all be tied to cold war until the new one comes out Q4.
Member
Jan 22, 2017
268 posts
177 upvotes
I got this game for free with my video card, wow did it suck and took about 4 hours to finish.
Newbie
Aug 29, 2011
44 posts
60 upvotes
Calgary
Also got this game free when I bought my GPU. Did not like it much until Outbreak mode was released. I've been pretty hooked on that. It's free right now for another week then you will need the game to play.
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2020
993 posts
754 upvotes
ShingoHusky wrote: I got this game for free with my video card, wow did it suck and took about 4 hours to finish.
Who buys call of duty for campaign?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2011
1672 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
I nabbed this during that glitch in December for $10. I enjoyed playing it for about a month and a half before they rescinded my copy due to said glitch. Had my fill and have moved on. I don't think even at the current sale price it's worth it. Unless you plan on playing endless hours of multiplayer, I guess it's an okay deal but otherwise not worth it in my opinion.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1588 posts
1422 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: Who buys call of duty for campaign?
I don't even buy it for the MP anymore, and I havent played a campaign through since black ops 2

Warzone ( the smaller map is wicked) + zombies modes
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2019
163 posts
202 upvotes
mvpBosh wrote: If you play warzone at all, you might as well get it as all of the future seasons including this one will all be tied to cold war until the new one comes out Q4.
Meh, not really needed for Warzone imo.
Member
Jun 14, 2017
298 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
For those with an Xbox Series X: TBH the "next gen" version isn't worth it if you primarily play multiplayer. The Xbox one version looks just as good, and you can dump the 200gb game onto an external drive. (The loading time advantage is moot while you are waiting for all the last gen players to load in anyways)
1 spot available in my AT&T group buy: 15GB Can+Us+Mex for around $24USD/Month. PM me for details.
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2020
993 posts
754 upvotes
bigmackKFT wrote: I don't even buy it for the MP anymore, and I havent played a campaign through since black ops 2

Warzone ( the smaller map is wicked) + zombies modes
Ya I stopped buying them too, Warzone is more fun than anything they are selling these days.
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2019
163 posts
202 upvotes
bman95 wrote: For those with an Xbox Series X: TBH the "next gen" version isn't worth it if you primarily play multiplayer. The Xbox one version looks just as good, and you can dump the 200gb game onto an external drive. (The loading time advantage is moot while you are waiting for all the last gen players to load in anyways)
120Hz on the next gen version is worth it for the $10 difference
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2020
993 posts
754 upvotes
bman95 wrote: For those with an Xbox Series X: TBH the "next gen" version isn't worth it if you primarily play multiplayer. The Xbox one version looks just as good, and you can dump the 200gb game onto an external drive. (The loading time advantage is moot while you are waiting for all the last gen players to load in anyways)
Thats not true, the new version looks quite a bit better. Also the last gen version seemed to crash a lot on newer systems. Ray traced shadows make a big difference in visual quality for $10. Mind you Im not sure its worth getting this game at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1346 posts
525 upvotes
RFDGuy123 wrote: Meh, not really needed for Warzone imo.
Agreed, you can play Warzone 100% F2P and be fine. You just gotta spend time in Plunder to level your guns.
Newbie
Oct 25, 2020
76 posts
103 upvotes
Cold War is only for those who are ready to get upset by all the wall hackers and aimtbot users...the game is in such a sad state
Member
Jun 14, 2017
298 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
RFDGuy123 wrote: 120Hz on the next gen version is worth it for the $10 difference
That's assuming you have a TV that supports 120Hz, which is still pretty rare. Both ran at 60fps locked for me.
Kevcorm wrote: Thats not true, the new version looks quite a bit better. Also the last gen version seemed to crash a lot on newer systems. Ray traced shadows make a big difference in visual quality for $10. Mind you Im not sure its worth getting this game at all.
I haven't had any stability issues myself. Looking at them side by side this weekend, in multiplayer at least... you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference IMO. I think the only benefit to multiplayer players is the 120Hz (if you happen to have a native 120Hz TV), otherwise I really don't see the point being forced to waste the space on the limited internal SSD. Like there are gonna be games with much bigger differences that I'd rather keep the space for.
1 spot available in my AT&T group buy: 15GB Can+Us+Mex for around $24USD/Month. PM me for details.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1153 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been seeing it at Costco for $59.97, for PS4 and Xbox One.
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2020
993 posts
754 upvotes
bman95 wrote: That's assuming you have a TV that supports 120Hz, which is still pretty rare. Both ran at 60fps locked for me.



I haven't had any stability issues myself. Looking at them side by side this weekend, in multiplayer at least... you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference IMO. I think the only benefit to multiplayer players is the 120Hz (if you happen to have a native 120Hz TV), otherwise I really don't see the point being forced to waste the space on the limited internal SSD. Like there are gonna be games with much bigger differences that I'd rather keep the space for.
Even if I do notice, I still dont think its a game worth buying. Warzone is better and free.

Top