PC & Video Games

Deathloop getting 10 out of 10 reviews, save 10% on Pre Order for PS Plus members til Midnight.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 9:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

Deathloop getting 10 out of 10 reviews, save 10% on Pre Order for PS Plus members til Midnight.

Deathloop looks like the sleeper hit of the year, it is getting 10 out of 10's across all reviews. It has become a Game of the Year candidate.

it is 10% off on pre orders til midnight,

Standard Edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... LOOPPREST/

Deluxe Edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... LOOPPREDX/

150 replies
Mar 8, 2015
925 posts
4271 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Cyberpunk had raving reviews too, I will wait............ . Thanks
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
canadianamigo13 wrote: Cyberpunk had raving reviews too, I will wait............ . Thanks
that's actually not true.. cyberpunk reviews were rather bad. It was overhyped and received non masterpiece review scores.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
canadianamigo13 wrote: Cyberpunk had raving reviews too, I will wait............ . Thanks
early reviews were on pc only where it is a good game, then next gen reviews came out where the scores were little lower because it is a good game but had bugs then last gen reviews came out where it got 4 out of 10's because it just didn't run well on it.

I played cyberpunk on the ps5 and it remains one of my recent fav games, I got so hooked into the world and the story. I did have some bugs which I hope gets fixed in the next gen versions because I'm itching to go back into that world.

also even though it got good reviews on pc, it wasn't 10 out of 10's, this is next gen only and a ps exclusive. Not a good comparison.
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Sep 13th, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3098 posts
4574 upvotes
West GTA
Never pre order a game. If you wait you get a better game for less money, and you don't roll the dice on it not actually being worth playing.

The only time it's really worth even playing a game on release is when it's linked to an online community and you don't want to join after it's gotten crazy.

All my opinion of course! Arkane Studios (that made this title, Prey and Dishonoured) have been putting out consistently incredible games, so it's a good chance this one rocks too, but I'm still waiting.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: Going forward, this game studio will be microsoft exclusive. It's really not looking good for Sony imo, after Microsoft acquiring bethesda
it's looking great out here Bub,

Sep 13, 2018
171 posts
313 upvotes
I think I'll just wait till its on Gamepass. I've luckily got both consoles and if it is going to launch on Gamepass Day One after exclusivity ends, I can't justify spending any money on it.
Last edited by RKD60520 on Sep 13th, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Nexzen wrote: it's looking great out here Bub,

Yep. I think Sony will be just fine. It's Microsoft that has the huge exclusive gap that they need to bridge.
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
RKD60520 wrote: I think I'll just wait till its on Gamepass. I've luckily got both consoles and if it is going to launch on Gamepass Day One after exclusivity ends, I can't justify spending any money on it.
This is where I'm at too. Game looks amazing though
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1071 posts
2378 upvotes
DON'T PRE-ORDER GAMES
2010-2023 Contest Winnings = $0
Oct 28, 2015
13 posts
5 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Or wait for a year and get a bug free version on Gamepass.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
RKD60520 wrote: I think I'll just wait till its on Gamepass. I've luckily got both consoles and if it is going to launch on Gamepass Day One after exclusivity ends, I can't justify spending any money on it.
I'm in the same boat too, but a part of me wants to play it using the dualsense features lol
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
journalist =/= audience

We see this in all the recent movie reviews and video game reviews.
Too much incentive for journalists to fluff the rating (maintain company relations, monetary shill, political incentives, etc).
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
azn0Richard0 wrote: journalist =/= audience

We see this in all the recent movie reviews and video game reviews.
Too much incentive for journalists to fluff the rating (maintain company relations, monetary shill, political incentives, etc).
to be fair, audience reviews are the most meaningless thing on the internet.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: Deathloop looks like the sleeper hit of the year, it is getting 10 out of 10's across all reviews. It has become a Game of the Year candidate.

it is 10% off on pre orders til midnight,

Standard Edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... LOOPPREST/

Deluxe Edition: https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... LOOPPREDX/

Corporate websites giving it 10s, youtubers giving it around 7s.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: that's actually not true.. cyberpunk reviews were rather bad. It was overhyped and received non masterpiece review scores.
The pc version got great scores while console versions didnt, which makes sense.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3098 posts
4574 upvotes
West GTA

Sony has historically had better first party game studios, and they have the 'third person adventure game with set pieces and cinematic cutscenes' formula pretty much down, but Bethesda's studios have put out some really good and popular games and Sony not having the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Arkane (after this), id software, and machinegames' latest titles (granted the 'youngblood' title probably killed the Wolfenstein series) means that they'll have to work hard to get a good first person shooter and first person adventure and RPG solution in place. Guerilla was making Killzone, which was always 'okay', but they're making the Horizon series now. There isn't a decent third person option right now for them to buy or pay for timed exclusive on for some of these genres, so they'll have to build up internally or cede them to Microsoft.
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 13th, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
Viper98 wrote: to be fair, audience reviews are the most meaningless thing on the internet.
That's fair, but people should take their own judgement over others.
I'd still take a larger avg audience review over a smaller avg journalist review score.

---
`Too much water`
Last edited by azn0Richard0 on Sep 13th, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.