PC & Video Games

Deathloop getting 10 out of 10 reviews, save 10% on Pre Order for PS Plus members til Midnight.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 9:57 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
Never pre-order. Especially from AAA studios that don't need the money. Wait a few months it'll be cheaper
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
grumble wrote: Sony has historically had better first party game studios, and they have the 'third person adventure game with set pieces and cinematic cutscenes' formula pretty much down, but Bethesda's studios have put out some really good and popular games and Sony not having the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Arkane (after this), id software, and machinegames' latest titles (granted the 'youngblood' title probably killed the Wolfenstein series) means that they'll have to work hard to get a good first person shooter and first person adventure and RPG solution in place. Guerilla was making Killzone, which was always 'okay', but they're making the Horizon series now. There isn't a decent third person option right now for them to buy or pay for timed exclusive on for some of these genres, so they'll have to build up internally or cede them to Microsoft.
Better is subjective, if you don't like 'third person adventure game with set pieces and cinematic cutscenes' then you might much prefer Nintendo or even Microsoft.
Aug 23, 2019
577 posts
738 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: to be fair, audience reviews are the most meaningless thing on the internet.
I will choose public reviews any day over the paid journalist' crap.
Cyberpunk was praised prior to the release, same as No Man's Sky. God, COD gets 10/10 every damn year even though singleplayer is mediocre and multiplayer has no to little change.

In the end of the day, a shitstorm of bad public reviews will make developers rethink their releasing strategy and bug fixing roadmaps. If people will stop pre-ordering at all.
And I am talking about only negative reviews that were caused by broken/empty games.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
I learned never to preorder a game as a result of Mass Effect Andromeda
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
UnderKitten wrote: I will choose public reviews any day over the paid journalist' crap.
Cyberpunk was praised prior to the release, same as No Man's Sky. God, COD gets 10/10 every damn year even though singleplayer is mediocre and multiplayer has no to little change.

In the end of the day, a shitstorm of bad public reviews will make developers rethink their releasing strategy and bug fixing roadmaps. If people will stop pre-ordering at all.
And I am talking about only negative reviews that were caused by broken/empty games.
People keep talking about Cyberpunk like it isn't an amazing game.

It had bugs, sure, but that didn't stop it from being one of the best games to come out in a LOOOOOONG time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
If you are inclined to wait and have gamepass it will likely be available on that service in a year from now because Microsoft now owns the studio who built this game.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3267 posts
6459 upvotes
London, Ontario
grumble wrote: Never pre order a game. If you wait you get a better game for less money, and you don't roll the dice on it not actually being worth playing.
I did that with Rage 2. I bought the deluxe for $140+tax. What a waste lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Can we leave the console fanboy bullshit at the door and discuss the deal or the game itself?
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
canadianamigo13 wrote: Cyberpunk had raving reviews too, I will wait............ . Thanks
Lol this

Reviewers are shills when they get free copies to play

Also, aren't Bethesda games known for being buggy and glitchy too? Or has that changed?
Last edited by umadbrah on Sep 13th, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
teksavvy sucks
Aug 23, 2019
577 posts
738 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: People keep talking about Cyberpunk like it isn't an amazing game.

It had bugs, sure, but that didn't stop it from being one of the best games to come out in a LOOOOOONG time.
It is hard to call the game the best when most of quests are similar, lack of meaningful choices that could affect anything, stupid/broken AI and average, "Netflix originals" story at best.
Throw a shit ton of bugs there, with no possibility running this game on PS4 and PS5.
PS we were promised all these things and they were cut or not delivered, just saying.
Sure, maybe it will become totally playable and have a variety of new interesting side quests with the skill tree that was completely cut but the Meaningful Choice mechanic that would not ONLY affect the ending, would be impossible to implement.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
grumble wrote: Sony has historically had better first party game studios, and they have the 'third person adventure game with set pieces and cinematic cutscenes' formula pretty much down, but Bethesda's studios have put out some really good and popular games and Sony not having the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Arkane (after this), id software, and machinegames' latest titles (granted the 'youngblood' title probably killed the Wolfenstein series) means that they'll have to work hard to get a good first person shooter and first person adventure and RPG solution in place. Guerilla was making Killzone, which was always 'okay', but they're making the Horizon series now. There isn't a decent third person option right now for them to buy or pay for timed exclusive on for some of these genres, so they'll have to build up internally or cede them to Microsoft.
Personally I feel Sony with Jim Ryan having such high ego thinking Playstation is the best and shutting down japanese developers and limiting to European management teams, and developers , they will fall from their mighty throne. I don't own an Xbox, but so far, for this generation, and the recent state of play, Playstation is really not as exciting as with what's going to be available, exclusive to xbox/windows 10 from the bethesda purchase. Gamepass is also something Sony hasn't even addressed yet.
Aug 23, 2019
577 posts
738 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: Also, aren't Bethesda games known for being buggy and glitchy too? Or has that changed?
Yes, they are. But Bethesda only developed Fallouts and TESs so far. Starfield incoming.
Deathloop is being developed by a different studio.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
umadbrah wrote: Lol this

Reviewers are shills when they get free copies to play

Also, aren't Bethesda games known for being buggy and glitchy too? Or has that changed?
This is published by Bethesda Softworks (the publishing arm) but developed by Arkane Studios (creators of the critically acclaimed dishonored series).

Bethesda Game Studios (developers of Skyrim/Fallout) are the ones know for being Buggy/Glitchy because of the engine they use and the scale of the games they make.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
I have a disc console and I can't justify buying digital unless it's a steep discount or a game I know I'll want to replay over and over. The "better" route, depending on your gaming habits, is buying from Shopper's Drug Mart or waiting until Black Friday at this point.

I always take "game site" reviews with a grain of salt. YouTube and Reddit have made all the info you could possibly want about a game readily available.
Last edited by Auditore212 on Sep 13th, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo Mobile
Nov 13, 2018
906 posts
2000 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: Can we leave the console fanboy bullshit at the door and discuss the deal or the game itself?
Spoken like a true PC gamer. Don't you know consoles are way better than PC ?!?!?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
UnderKitten wrote: It is hard to call the game the best when most of quests are similar, lack of meaningful choices that could affect anything, stupid/broken AI and average, "Netflix originals" story at best.
Throw a shit ton of bugs there, with no possibility running this game on PS4 and PS5.
PS we were promised all these things and they were cut or not delivered, just saying.
Sure, maybe it will become totally playable and have a variety of new interesting side quests with the skill tree that was completely cut but the Meaningful Choice mechanic that would not ONLY affect the ending, would be impossible to implement.
played cyberpunk on the ps5, still one of my favourite games.
Jul 11, 2021
160 posts
206 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Personally I feel Sony with Jim Ryan having such high ego thinking Playstation is the best and shutting down japanese developers and limiting to European management teams, and developers , they will fall from their mighty throne.
Have Japanese game developers even been relevant since ps1? I can't think of any good games besides the old Final Fantasies, Metal Gear, and Death Stranding. I think Japanese game companies mostly make mobile games and sexualized anime mmos now.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2287 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
Pre-ordering has its place when it comes to limited physical editions where you want the goods or for really niche games (Atlus non-Persona games come to mind)

Digital pre-ordering has no place unless there's a steep incentive or there's a trade-in offer at Gamestop. The last game I pre-ordered had a freak 40% off deal and I knew the game would not drop that price for at least a year.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1357 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
Auditore212 wrote: I have a disc console and I can't justify buying digital unless it's a steep discount or a game I know I'll want to replay over and over. The "better" route, depending on your gaming habits, is buying from Shopper's Drug Mart or waiting until Black Friday at this point. I always take "game site" reviews with a grain of salt. YouTube and Reddit have made all the info you could possibly want about a game readily available.
Or specifically for digital you can get STEEP discounts with 3 steps. 1) buying Costco PSN cards $90 for $100 2) waiting for PSN sale or use price tracker 3) Game share (1 PS4 and 1 PS5 can be primary).

Saved so much money.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1689 posts
1539 upvotes
a contrarian review:

seems like he had very high standards for Arkane games though...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)