[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2376 posts
4312 upvotes
Windsor

[PlayStation Store] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Item Pack - Free

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Item Pack

This item pack can be used in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and includes the following:
- Carbuncle Summoning Materia
- Chocobo Chick Summoning Materia
- Cactuar Summoning Materia
- Midgar Bangle
- Shinra Bangle
- Corneo's Armlet
- Superstar Belt
- Mako Crystal

*Either FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE or the PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, and all related updates are required to make use of this content.
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9375 posts
3889 upvotes
By the way, the PS5 version of the game is free if you have the PS4 disc version inserted and installed on the PS5 or also free if you paid for the PS4 digital version.
The free for Playstation Plus members digital copy of the game that was available in March does not qualify for the free PS5 version upgrade.

The PS5 has graphical upgrades, and 60 Frames per second support.
The infamous door and other textures that did not load or would pop-in only when in-close on the PS4 because the PS4 version could not handle the memory bandwidth are all fixed on the PS5 version.

The Yuffie DLC chapter is exclusive to the PS5 version.

Example of textures on the PS4 version never loading in due to lack of memory on PS4:

The PS5 version (fixes all texture loading issues and fixes pop-in):

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 11th, 2021 1:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nov 7, 2017
315 posts
665 upvotes
Does the disc have to be after downloading the upgrade?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9375 posts
3889 upvotes
Yes if you bought the PS4 disc version, you need to have the PS4 disc version inserted to download and play the free PS5 version upgrade.
If you have both versions installed on the PS5, you can switch between the two by pressing the options button and choosing the Game Version.

Saves from the PS4 version also transfer to the PS5 version but you have to upload the save from the PS4 version first to the server, then download the
save from the PS5 version of the game. Any trophies you earned on the PS4 version instantly pop-up when you load the PS4 save file on the PS5 version.
0Sense wrote: Does the disc have to be after downloading the upgrade?
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 11th, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2017
315 posts
665 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Yes if you bought the PS4 disc version, you need to have the PS4 disc version inserted to play the free PS5 version upgrade.
If you have both versions installed on the PS5, you can switch between the two by pressing the options button and choosing the Game Version.

Saves from the PS4 version also transfer to the PS5 version but you have to upload the save from the PS4 version first to the server, then download the
save from the PS5 version of the game. Any trophies you earned on the PS4 version instantly pop-up when you load the PS4 save file on the PS5 version.
Thanks for the explanation!!
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4846 posts
2251 upvotes
Uploading PS4 save means you have to do it from your PS4 first right?

I traded my PS4 away... So I'm out of luck. And I didn't upload the save to cloud storage.
Aug 22, 2012
338 posts
310 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Uploading PS4 save means you have to do it from your PS4 first right?

I traded my PS4 away... So I'm out of luck. And I didn't upload the save to cloud storage.
Did you have PS+ on the ps4? It automatically uploads save data unless you set it not to
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9375 posts
3889 upvotes
You can install and launch the PS4 version on PS5 via backwards compatibility and upload the ps4 version save file that way.

The.PS5 version is obviously better so if you need hard drive space on the PS5, the PS5 version should be the one you keep on the system
instead of having both versions installed on PS5.

You can also install the PS4 version to an external hard drive if you want to compare and play both versions on PS5 like I did.
trinxified wrote: Uploading PS4 save means you have to do it from your PS4 first right?

Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4846 posts
2251 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Did you have PS+ on the ps4? It automatically uploads save data unless you set it not to
Yeah I did. Let me check that out. Where do I see if I have it?

I didn't change any on the settings so I assume it automatically uploaded? Do I need to install the PS4 version first?

I don't mind replaying the game, tho it would be nice if my trophies transfer since I had platinum on the PS4.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9375 posts
3889 upvotes
You have to upload the ps4 save file from the FF7R PS4 version's game menu for the save to transfer over. Not upload to PS+. That will not work.
trinxified wrote: Yeah I did. Let me check that out. Where do I see if I have it?

I didn't change any on the settings so I assume it automatically uploaded? Do I need to install the PS4 version first?

I don't mind replaying the game, tho it would be nice if my trophies transfer since I had platinum on the PS4.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4846 posts
2251 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: You have to upload the ps4 save file from the FF7R PS4 version's game menu for the save to transfer over. Not upload to PS+. That will not work.
Yeah I know, but I got nothing to upload if I don't have the PS4 save in the first place. I'm hoping it's in the cloud to download first then start up the PS4 game.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1188 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, gonna use this in 2023 when I get a PS5 Slim or Pro, or 2026 when I get a PS6. :)
Aug 22, 2012
338 posts
310 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Yeah I did. Let me check that out. Where do I see if I have it?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/suppo ... d-storage/

Scroll down to Download from cloud storage

Fingers are crossed for you! I also have platinum. I loved the game despite some controversies and will replay if I ever get a PS5
Dec 29, 2010
272 posts
339 upvotes
Laval
Leshita wrote: Thanks, gonna use this in 2023 when I get a PS5 Slim or Pro, or 2026 when I get a PS6. :)
Joke’s on you; the ps5 will finally be widely available by 2026.
May 11, 2007
992 posts
732 upvotes
Kitchener
side question related to PS5. Which is a good budget external hard drive for PS5?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4309 posts
930 upvotes
Scarborough
XFactor11 wrote: By the way, the PS5 version of the game is free if you have the PS4 disc version inserted and installed on the PS5 or also free if you paid for the PS4 digital version.
The free for Playstation Plus members digital copy of the game that was available in March does not qualify for the free PS5 version upgrade.

The PS5 has graphical upgrades, and 60 Frames per second support.
The infamous door and other textures that did not load or would pop-in only when in-close on the PS4 because the PS4 version could not handle the memory bandwidth are all fixed on the PS5 version.

The Yuffie DLC chapter is exclusive to the PS5 version.

Example of textures on the PS4 version never loading in due to lack of memory on PS4:

The PS5 version (fixes all texture loading issues and fixes pop-in):
awesome, I actually just started playing this game yesterday night on my ps5 and this thread pops up. Do the updates for ps5 get added when you do the installation, or do you have to do an update yourself? I felt like I wasted $50 buying this game when the free version came out a few weeks ago, but I guess this is at least something
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2536 posts
2306 upvotes
Whitby
Remake popped up for me. On digital download. Sweet. Thnx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)