Expired Hot Deals

[PlayStation Store] The Last of Us Remastered @$5.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 3:51 pm
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
****, I just bought this. RFD effect again! I don't even own a PS4! I plan to buy one on Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6981 posts
2808 upvotes
Toronto
If you played it for PS3 it’s like a brand new game with 60fps and better visuals, I finished it on both. Also had fun with multiplayer, quite unforgiving and not run & gun so a good contrast to the other shooters.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7619 posts
2233 upvotes
Angultra wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:52 am
If you played it for PS3 it’s like a brand new game with 60fps and better visuals, I finished it on both. Also had fun with multiplayer, quite unforgiving and not run & gun so a good contrast to the other shooters.
One of the GoATs (Greatest of all time).

Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6372 posts
1867 upvotes
Angultra wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:52 am
Ya, you definitely can't play this the way you'd play Uncharted.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1572 posts
257 upvotes
Vaughan
casey888 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 3:24 pm
I'll add an additional chime in, i hate horror games, and I am not a fan of zombie games

Last of Us is not quite a zombie game but it pretty much is, I also had to change the difficulty to easy 2/3 of the way in. Controls take some getting used to. There were parts that made me curdle up with dread and extreme tension.

All of that said it's still one of the best video games I've ever played
A few people mentioned switching to Easy. Never thought of that. I think I quit b/c I just couldn't get past an area with a bunch of clickers and that did me in. As I am a completionist (not for trophy but to finish the game on this one), I will switch to easy and give it another try.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3560 posts
1229 upvotes
d_source wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 8:56 am
A few people mentioned switching to Easy. Never thought of that. I think I quit b/c I just couldn't get past an area with a bunch of clickers and that did me in. As I am a completionist (not for trophy but to finish the game on this one), I will switch to easy and give it another try.
Good thing you're not going for trophies. As the list is kind of ridiculous.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1572 posts
257 upvotes
Vaughan
halcyon wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 10:14 am
Good thing you're not going for trophies. As the list is kind of ridiculous.
Ya i checked it a while back. If I can't platinum then I don't bother. And it seems like this game is very tough to platinum. Knowing this in advance also helps so I don't have to look for every treasure.
Jul 9, 2009
148 posts
89 upvotes
Cornwall
barcathegreat wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:18 pm
It's only $5.99 but did I make a mistake as well? I don't like horror / zombie genre (games).. does it have jump scare I wonder? I have no problem with TaleTell Walking Dead series or actual Walking Dead show. I did finish God of War 3 / the new GOD of War... how much of the zombies in the game in there?
It's been a while since I played but as I recall, there is somewhat of a jump scare near the start when the "infected" are introduced, and it was during a cutscene. I also don't play horror games, and any game that has me sneaking around gets me stressed out. The tension is definitely high with each encounter in The Last of Us. One thing I did appreciate from the game is that any time a gameplay encounter started, there was a clear shift from cutscene to gameplay and your character moves to a safe hiding place. So you are never really thrown into a fight without having time to get ready for it. Also, I'm all about the story, and this game was amazing. I will definitely be replaying it before the 2nd one comes out.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8898 posts
1847 upvotes
Montreal, QC
d_source wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 8:56 am
Now that you mention it, I think I know what you're talking about lol
Stealth is a must in this game, unless some other better players can plow their way through, I can't :D
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7619 posts
2233 upvotes
About 30- 40% of the threats in the game are regular human survivors that are mostly criminal scavengers/hunters/bandits, government military, grey area civilizations or
rebel organizations.

The rest are infected cordycepts zombie type enemies.

casey888 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 3:24 pm
I'll add an additional chime in, i hate horror games, and I am not a fan of zombie games

Last of Us is not quite a zombie game but it pretty much is, I also had to change the difficulty to easy 2/3 of the way in. Controls take some getting used to. There were parts that made me curdle up with dread and extreme tension.

All of that said it's still one of the best video games I've ever played